Smoant Cylon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
I feel your pain. I just learned that my black Cylon made it passed customs (and in my country that is a gamble). That means I will have mine sometime next week. Even being in Asia the wait from China vendors is about 8-10 days. I got so bored with the waiting I ordered a dna75 mod today just to pass the time. I think this may be a disease. I did not really need either one. Well it's a Sunday here I have some time maybe I will go peek at fasttech for a while.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I got a new update on my tracking. It went from arrived at O’Hare on the 13th to arrived at destination country today. That’s pretty good, it didn’t get to take a vacation to Connecticut like yours but at least now they are positive it is in America.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Your item has been processed through our facility in ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS) at 12:07 pm on January 20, 2018.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That’s some good news. I’m now out of the 17track
Website and on USPS’s website. Through customs so I should have it in hand sometime this week. Hail hail the gang’s all here, what the heck do we care, what the heck do we care

Reactions: score69

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
Got my black Cylon a few hours ago. I was very impressed with the packaging. I was also impressed with the size and appearance of the mod. It looks far above its price point. I tried vaping in wattage mode and found that it hits very hard even when adjusted for normal. I then hooked it to my computer and did the update. That was automatic and very easy to do. Then I went back to vaping and found that it was performing better than before the upgrade. I think they changed more than the ability to upload wallpaper. I am very pleased so far. Tomorrow I will get into trying it with some of my TC setups. I also own their other mods so I will compare the performance.

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
Got my black Cylon a few hours ago. I was very impressed with the packaging. I was also impressed with the size and appearance of the mod. It looks far above its price point. I tried vaping in wattage mode and found that it hits very hard even when adjusted for normal. I then hooked it to my computer and did the update. That was automatic and very easy to do. Then I went back to vaping and found that it was performing better than before the upgrade. I think they changed more than the ability to upload wallpaper. I am very pleased so far. Tomorrow I will get into trying it with some of my TC setups. I also own their other mods so I will compare the performance.

Mine will be here tomorrow or Thursday.
Hope it is all that I expect from this thread.

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
Well, mine arrived today. Not bad at all for a China order.
Put batteries in, ran the updater. It found an update and installed it quickly.
Put a picture on for the screensaver, just because I could. Set time to auto update, which I think gets the computer's time. Disconnected from the updater.
Went to the menu, selected TC, then TCR. Entered the SS430 TCR value, put my initial wattage in, screwed on an Aromamizer Plus. The coils resistance were read exactly, always good! Set my starting temp, away we go!
Nice but kinda cool vape, so I increased the temp. Now it's a great vape!

The mod looks great with my Plus, no overhang at all.
Feels very solid, a wee bit heavy. I've been vaping Tesla Wye and Revenger X, so metal vs plastic.
No rattles, nothing loose. Battery door is one of the best I've used.
The comfort is great, fits my hand really well. The leather sides are very nice.

My first Smoant mod, looks like the start of a good thing.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Well, mine arrived today. Not bad at all for a China order.
Put batteries in, ran the updater. It found an update and installed it quickly.
Put a picture on for the screensaver, just because I could. Set time to auto update, which I think gets the computer's time. Disconnected from the updater.
Went to the menu, selected TC, then TCR. Entered the SS430 TCR value, put my initial wattage in, screwed on an Aromamizer Plus. The coils resistance were read exactly, always good! Set my starting temp, away we go!
Nice but kinda cool vape, so I increased the temp. Now it's a great vape!

The mod looks great with my Plus, no overhang at all.
Feels very solid, a wee bit heavy. I've been vaping Tesla Wye and Revenger X, so metal vs plastic.
No rattles, nothing loose. Battery door is one of the best I've used.
The comfort is great, fits my hand really well. The leather sides are very nice.

My first Smoant mod, looks like the start of a good thing.
Anthony mentioned in his review temp isn't accurate but easily adjustable. Glad to hear your having a positive experience with it. Mine still isn't showing on USPS, which lately may mean it will be here tomorrow or next month.o_O

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I got my Cylon today. Usps had it leave Chicago 2 days ago then come back yesterday so I was getting a little frustrated but got the mail today and viola. Terrible tracking on usps but the Cylon is going good. Menu is easy enough to navigate and it’s been vaping great. It’s smaller than the Charon TS and in my limited use I’ve tried tc and watt both working great. It hits faster and harder than the TS which makes me very happy. Also doesn’t knock over as easy as my TS which was the main gripe I had with it. So the TS is retired and the Cylon is doing a fine job no button rattle and no complaints, as good as advertised and will be my go to mod for the foreseeable future.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Happy you're enjoying your Cylon madstabber.
It’s a beautiful device and the performance has been excellent so far. If this thing holds up and stands the test of time it has to be one of the best value mods ever made. I always loved the looks of the sx g class but hated the price tag. Now I have my gorgeous mod for 1/5th the price. I hope you receive your soon if you haven’t already, you’re gonna love it.

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
It’s a beautiful device and the performance has been excellent so far. If this thing holds up and stands the test of time it has to be one of the best value mods ever made. I always loved the looks of the sx g class but hated the price tag. Now I have my gorgeous mod for 1/5th the price. I hope you receive your soon if you haven’t already, you’re gonna love it.

I own 3 of their mods. In my opinion Smoant with the introduction of the Cylon is officially putting the other manufacturers to shame as far as pricing, design and construction quality.

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
Well, first full day of vaping on my new Cylon is under my belt.
TC using TCR is absolutely accurate. By that I mean, when I set a temp it goes up to the temp and stay there. No idea if it is the temp I set, but as long as it feels like my usual vapor, it's gotta be close, I have only used my SS430 in TC for quite a while.
This mod is extremely good at reading resistance of coils, in fact, it is one of the few that gets it exactly right and stays there. In TC, even a 0.02 difference is a big change in my vapor.
I started with a pair of HG2s and finally changed them out when the battery gauge showed one segment. That was all day vaping from one pair of batteries. I wonder if the cutoff has changed. I'll have to run completely out and see what the charger says.
I'm SO happy with this mod!
Hopefully it has broken my string of new mods that have issues of one sort or another.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Well, first full day of vaping on my new Cylon is under my belt.
TC using TCR is absolutely accurate. By that I mean, when I set a temp it goes up to the temp and stay there. No idea if it is the temp I set, but as long as it feels like my usual vapor, it's gotta be close, I have only used my SS430 in TC for quite a while.
This mod is extremely good at reading resistance of coils, in fact, it is one of the few that gets it exactly right and stays there. In TC, even a 0.02 difference is a big change in my vapor.
I started with a pair of HG2s and finally changed them out when the battery gauge showed one segment. That was all day vaping from one pair of batteries. I wonder if the cutoff has changed. I'll have to run completely out and see what the charger says.
I'm SO happy with this mod!
Hopefully it has broken my string of new mods that have issues of one sort or another.
My Charon TS seemed really bad in regards to battery life. So far the Cylon seems to be a big improvement. It could just be the way it shows how much battery is left but I took these outta my TS and in my Cylon this morning with about 80%. The gauge hasn’t moved so it would seem the Cylon is much more efficient than the TS at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread