The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Smoant Cylon

Discussion in 'Temperature Control' started by Gallant, Dec 10, 2017.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Letitia

Letitia Therion/Nano Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Really wish they would merge these two Cylon threads, can't remember what I've posted from one to the other.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Eskie

Eskie ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2016
    NY
    I wouldn't go with the all black for this mod. The contrast of gunmetal and brown is more attractive, but a silver and black would be nice.

That's a really solid delivery time. I like 3fvape but never had that fast a delivery without spending a lot on DHL shipping and it would be cheaper to get it through a us dealer than the added cost would amount to. I only did it once when I really needed something super fast and they were literally the only one with it in stock.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. madstabber

madstabber Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I paid around $2 for shipping from 3fvape just to see if it was quicker. It was called usexpress1 or something like that and my Cylon came in 12 days. Majority of that time was spent in customs at the airport before and after it cleared. Still very happy with the speed of that. Don’t know if the free epacket shipping would've been faster or slower.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  4. Eskie

Eskie ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2016
    NY
    I wouldn't object to $2 for under two week delivery.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. ShowerHead

ShowerHead Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 23, 2014
    Massachusetts
    3F and Gearbest have been < two weeks for me, and I live in a smaller area.

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. coreyoli

coreyoli Senior Member

Oct 5, 2014
    Put batteries in and it works great for a little bit... Soon as the battery bars drop a bit to about 80% each it hits like a wet noodle... Brand new lg hg2 batteries and a crown 3 tank running at 85 watts...

Was super excited about this mod but honestly unless you want to swap batteries like crazy it's not good... My wife has the Smok mag and that works so much better... Take my bats out out them in her mod with my tank and it hits like a friggin truck...

Hopefully this is something that will be addressed in firmware (cutting voltage way to aggressively)

Anyway there's my little disappointed review of an aesthetically beautiful mod...

-Corey

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  7. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I've had mine two days and running a Fireluke on it, still on the first set of batts. They are at 50% now and still hitting as hard as a fresh batts. You need to warranty the mod. No one across the forums I belong to are having the issues you describe.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. coreyoli

coreyoli Senior Member

Oct 5, 2014
    Well that's good to know I love the mod but this is no bueno lol...

• Like Like x 2
  9. madstabber

madstabber Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

That may be a defective mod. This mod hits hard and fast all the way down to 20% at least. That’s as far as I’ve ran it down so far and I didn’t notice any drop in performance. If yours is doing that at 80% it’s not a firmware issue it’s a defective mod. I hope you get this resolved because it really is a great mod, performance and looks.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Gallant

Gallant Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 4, 2013
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    no issue in here at all it hits fine till batteries are down to 3.2V cut off voltage

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. score69

score69 Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 28, 2015
    Athens, GA, USA
    What you can't return it? Sounds like something is wrong with your mod. First complaint I've heard of with the Cylon. New mod should have a warranty and the vendor should replace it for you.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. coreyoli

coreyoli Senior Member

Oct 5, 2014
    I got it from element vape I'm sure they'll take care of it... Just glad this is an isolated issue as when it's working it definitely works!! Lol

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Just out of curiosity did you try the same batteries in a different mod to rule them out as the cause?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. score69

score69 Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 28, 2015
    Athens, GA, USA
    I'm sorry you're having issues. Just went through having to get my first squonker replaced, so I know how disappointing it is.

Yeah Element should take care of you. Just frustrating having to wait. I think you're going to be pretty happy though once the issue is resolved. Personally, I think it's one of the nicest mods for the $$$ right now.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. coreyoli

coreyoli Senior Member

Oct 5, 2014
    Ohhhh you're gonna love squanking!! Anyway may not be the mod I think I have some fake hg2's...

Some work better than others (some I know for sure are authentic)...

Gonna scrap them all and replace with known good bats and chalk this up as me being cheap where I shouldn't have (batteries)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  16. ShowerHead

Feb 23, 2014
    Massachusetts
    Yep, they’ll take care of you.
    If you wanted to, you could try the update app and see if some bit got flipped. You know, just update it and see if it is better.
    But it does sound like hardware, or batteries.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. SteamHead

SteamHead Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL, USA
    Some of you may remember I bought this mod and the Steam Engine with the intent of returning the one I liked the least. I ended up loving them both so much that neither one will be going back! :D

Has anyone else put a 30mm topper on this? If so, please post a pic! I have a feeling a gunmetal Aromamizer Plus will be heading my direction if I can find where the wife hid the credit card.:blush:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. ShowerHead

Feb 23, 2014
    Massachusetts
    Here you go in the same color you want. Now get that order placed!
    Mod-1.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  19. SteamHead

Apr 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL, USA
    For anyone wondering, the gunmetal finish on the Aromamizer tanks are a PERFECT match for the "tarnish" Cylon.

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. SteamHead

Apr 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL, USA