Smok Alien Won't Work, Pissing me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajhockey3

Jul 19, 2017
bought this to quit smoking, Worked great for two weeks, Now when I put batteries in, the display says smok Alien 1.3.2 than goes black and cant do anything! I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING! it ...... me off so much I smoked cigs again. This is the only vape device I own, and seeing how I only have $20 in my bank account for the next 2 weeks, I cannot afford anything else. So frusterated with smok making my quitting smoking 100x more hard and stressful than it already was. Can someone help me get this peice of .... mod working again? I tried a new set of batteries, charing via USB and a 18650 charger and won't do ...., Tried clicking fire button 5 times, reflashing firmware etc, nothing will work!!

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Make sure it is not in stealth mode!

The clue there would be vapor production with no display. It's worth a try. Go into setup with 3 clicks, short click over to Settings and long click on settings, then long click on SCR Time and select Stealth Off.

I understand that it's possible to have low batteries using the USB charge function. Pull them out and put them in a wall charger just to make sure.

Smok Alien 220 Vape Mod: Tutorial, Overview & Giveaway | Ashtray Blog

Last edited:

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
If those don't work I would pursue replacement either through the vendor where you bought it or Smok themselves.

It's a crappy way to learn one of the biggest suggestions of vaping, always have backups. And even backups for your backups.

Good luck getting back on track.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
The clue there would be vape with no display. It's worth a try. Go into setup with 3 clicks, short click over to Settings and long click on settings, then long click on SCR Time and select Stealth Off.

I understand that it's possible to have low batteries using the USB charge function. Pull them out and put them in a wall charger just to make sure.

Smok Alien 220 Vape Mod: Tutorial, Overview & Giveaway | Ashtray Blog

Thanks and it is probably necessary to provide the details!

Unfortunately, we may never get a follow-up from the op what was the problem....or if there was actually anything wrong with the Alien or not. Some will add it to their "all Smok bad" list and proclaim it at every opportunity. Smok is not the only manufacturer to "take their turn in the barrel", they just happen to be the pick lately.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I'm thinking I might use my unmotivated crew as an excuse to smoke today. I'll decide later.

I don't have an Alien...or any other Smok products for that matter, so I can't help you there...
But, you've been given some very credible advise from people who own the mod. Be a sport and let us know if any of the suggestions worked.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
My only problem with the Alien 220W has been a crappy TC mode. I use it in power mode at 10W. Long battery life with dual 30Q's.

Check out the new 1.3.2 firmware upgrade on the Smok blog. there's a thread in the TC section with a link. I updated and all of a sudden have halfway decent temp control tested with 2 different tanks. Now awaiting the same for the AL85.

Reactions: bigbob2322

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
If he doesn't come back

I sense we have already seen the last of him/her. Hence my frustration. Not only does a thread like this do nothing to help anybody else (both those with similar problems and those trying to help), but just the heading alone is a negative influence to anybody interested in the product.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I sense we have already seen the last of him/her. Hence my frustration. Not only does a thread like this do nothing to help anybody else (both those with similar problems and those trying to help), but just the heading alone is a negative influence to anybody interested in the product.
Yep, for every thread like this, there's 50 stating how great it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread