Smok Infinix problems ~ I Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
What VG/PG ratio are using? Maybe try 50:50.

I used a smok Infinix for many months as my all day vape. I retired it since I ran out of pods but I still like it. I never got a dry hit with it except when I wasn't paying attention and vaped it completely empty--haha!

Do you vape outdoors? Getting cold out and e-liquid becomes more viscous when it is cold. I know that caused problems with the wicking on my Suorin Air last February.

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
I use the Fit.
It is very important you use a liquid specifically made for pod systems.
If you use a liquid with too much glycerine (VG) you will get dry hits and poor performance in general.
The liquids for cloud atomisers are more than 70 percent VG and works poorly, if at all, in a pod system.
I use a liquid which is 70 percent PG and 30 percent VG, very fluid in appearance.
Hope this helps,

• Disagree
Reactions: bombastinator

Shrubtim

Nov 8, 2018
I have been looking for people having this issue. I’ve had my infinix for months. I got it pretty much as soon as it was available. It has worked perfectly for the entire time. I recently got a new batch of pods and everything went south. They immediately taste burnt and hot. Flavor is terrible and it burns through juice. I have tried 2 separate vendors and have had the same result. It appears to be a change in the pod. Compare the look of your pod to the picture on the box. If the base of the chimney is much larger than the picture it means you got the new(....ty) pods.

If anyone knows if this is a permanent change or if I just got unlucky I’d love to know. Might be time to switch kits. Again.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I use the Fit.
It is very important you use a liquid specifically made for pod systems.
If you use a liquid with too much glycerine (VG) you will get dry hits and poor performance in general.
The liquids for cloud atomisers are more than 70 percent VG and works poorly, if at all, in a pod system.
I use a liquid which is 70 percent PG and 30 percent VG, very fluid in appearance.
Hope this helps,
I disagree. Anything high pg should work. It doesn’t have to be designed for a pod

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
I have been looking for people having this issue. I’ve had my infinix for months. I got it pretty much as soon as it was available. It has worked perfectly for the entire time. I recently got a new batch of pods and everything went south. They immediately taste burnt and hot. Flavor is terrible and it burns through juice. I have tried 2 separate vendors and have had the same result. It appears to be a change in the pod. Compare the look of your pod to the picture on the box. If the base of the chimney is much larger than the picture it means you got the new(....ty) pods.

If anyone knows if this is a permanent change or if I just got unlucky I’d love to know. Might be time to switch kits. Again.

I noticed some changes to the pods and posted some photos in this topic--> Smok Infinix

I also got the Infinix and most of my pods when it was first released. Much later, I did buy a pack of new pods and noticed some changes but by that time I wasn't really using the Infinix regularly.

Do you have a photo of your pods so that I can see the difference in the base that you are talking about?

Shrubtim

Nov 8, 2018
Not sure I uploaded properly. Old pod on the left, new on the right.

Attachments

• 8A78B4B3-D110-465C-8551-FB6860D23FDF.jpeg
    8A78B4B3-D110-465C-8551-FB6860D23FDF.jpeg
    746.1 KB · Views: 621
Reactions: smoked25years

Victorvapes

Nov 8, 2018
So I have had numerous problems with it. My pods started to taste burnt after a couple of hits on it and it being brand new. Yes I let it soak for a while, yes I made sure it wasn’t leaking, etc. I don’t know what else to do. I returned it and got a new one but it still does the same thing. What am I doing wrong?

I find with Pod systems, you can run higher vg but you do have to go overboard when first setting them up. I would fill the pod and have about 20 puffs without it being on the battery.

Then have really short puffs for the first 10 mins.

If I havent puffed for an hour or so I take the pod out and have a few more draws to rewick it. It can be done but just takes extra work.

To be honest, I find the joyetech teros a far better pod system than the infinix. It's got huge battery life and the pods work better!

• Informative
Reactions: bombastinator

Jennifer Williams

Jan 24, 2019
I recently got my Infinix for Christmas. I want to love it but it tastes burnt almost immediately. I have watched every You Tube video and have read everything I can find about them. I don’t hear many complaints about the pods burning almost immediately. I have the Smok Fit and the pods last me forever with no problems at all. I’m not chain vaping, and I let them sit overnight when I refill. I’ve tried everything that I can find. Does anyone have any suggestions?

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
I recently got my Infinix for Christmas. I want to love it but it tastes burnt almost immediately. I have watched every You Tube video and have read everything I can find about them. I don’t hear many complaints about the pods burning almost immediately. I have the Smok Fit and the pods last me forever with no problems at all. I’m not chain vaping, and I let them sit overnight when I refill. I’ve tried everything that I can find. Does anyone have any suggestions?

The Youtube videos may have been recorded prior to changes in the pods that were shown above in the post by Shrubtim. If the videos predate those changes, that may be why you don't hear complaints. ...also a lot of Youtubers get the stuff free from the manufacturers so their videos are often more of an advertisement instead of a review.

The old pods worked great for me but I haven't tried the new ones. It seems the new pods are causing problems.

Reactions: Troy44

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Either the cartridges aren’t either moving or soaking up the juice, or the mod is putting out so much wattage it’s burning the coils anyway.

Could be a badly manufactured mod. Easy test is put the atty on a known good mod and see if it has the same problem. If it doesn’t there is something wrong with the mod. A more exacting test is to actually measure the output of the mod when fired and see how it compares to what it says it’s doing. A couple of ways to do that. A multimeter is one.

Could also be counterfeit coils. That one you test by getting some coils you KNOW are real and trying it again.

Could also be merely a PEBKAC problem and you just have the voltage on the mod set way too high.

Reactions: Troy44

DawnBella

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2011
USA
So I have had numerous problems with it. My pods started to taste burnt after a couple of hits on it and it being brand new. Yes I let it soak for a while, yes I made sure it wasn’t leaking, etc. I don’t know what else to do. I returned it and got a new one but it still does the same thing. What am I doing wrong?
My advice is to place it in a junk drawer and use the Just Fog MiniFit. I never had burnt hits with the INFINIX and performance was nice, but the flavor would go from yum to yuck fast...and with all the pods. Minifit is THE BEST!! open pod system. Trust me :) I own almost every pod system made.

TrainingToothpaste

Apr 18, 2019
To be honest, I find the joyetech teros a far better pod system than the infinix. It's got huge battery life and the pods work better!
Sorry to bump a year old thread. I've got the same problem happening with my Teros, stumbled upon this trying to find a solution, I keep going through pods in a few days. Any ideas? I'm a new babby vaper, so Im pretty stumped

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Sorry to bump a year old thread. I've got the same problem happening with my Teros, stumbled upon this trying to find a solution, I keep going through pods in a few days. Any ideas? I'm a new babby vaper, so Im pretty stumped
Howdy and welcome :)

Looking back through the thread the final opinion seemed to be that the device just sucked and to toss it. SMOK just has a miserable quality control reputation I’m afraid. It’s so very bad they’re something of a laughingstock around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread