Smok Nord contacts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Haskell

Feb 20, 2019
I have been using the smok nord for about 5 months now.
My 1st stopped firing and I assumed it was because the center contact under the coil no longer pushed back up when the pod was removed. Wasn't making a connection.
My 2nd is doing the same thing but is still working.
I remove my pod each day to top it off with juice. I wipe out the inside with Q-tips.
Am I doing something wrong, or are these just prone to failure?
I get about 2 months for a new unit so far.

• Informative
Reactions: LaZeR

proax9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
Pomona, NY
I really enjoy my 2 Nords. Both are 4 months in daily use. (I also have a Trinity Alpha for almost 4 months)
"So Far...." no problems.
However- given Smok's history (or lack) of longevity, plus the constant, daily seepage of small amounts of juice around the pins- While I hope they might last another 4-6 months- if they were to die tomorrow, can't say I'd be surprised. Will be a dilemma, whether to purchase again.

• Optimistic
Reactions: LaZeR
Hi both.
I've only recently got mine but already have some input of relevance to this.

First don't push the pod all the way in. Insert slowly until the light comes on and then stop there.
That should stop the bottom leak.

Second buy the 3ml pods. These fit better with a satisfying click. Presumably the 2ml pod is a rushed thing to get the eu option on the market.

Third, if you haven't already, whip the black mouthpiece off. This will stop the condensate leak and has the added benefit of showing the liquid level better.

Reactions: BrotherBob

proax9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
Pomona, NY
I've never seen the 2ml version- didn't know they exist.
I will try reducing how far I press the pod in.
As far as the black mouthpiece- when I first noticed the leaking, I did notice that if I pressed at the bottom of the black portion- there was some liquid that would come out from between the black and clear plastic. Though about removing it- maybe I'll give it a shot on 1 pod. I don't think heat will be an issue as both the clear and black pieces are plastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread