Smok Stick v8

Status
Not open for further replies.

avery6

Oct 7, 2017
I bought a smok stick v8 yesterday and it worked amazingly well until this morning. the button flashed a bunch of times and it turned itself off and will not turn back on. I put it on the charger and the button flashed four times. I have cleaned the threads between the battery and the tank, replaced the coil, refilled the juice, and still nothing has worked. any advice is greatly appreciated and know that i am very new to vaping so I will probably asked some dumb questions. thanks!

Reactions: stols001

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia
How long did you charge it? Sometimes a truly dead battery needs to charge for quite a bit before showing signs of life.

Edit.
Quick search implies coil is bad. It's a SMOK coil so that doesn't surprise.

Be sure the coil is seated securely, finger tight will most often do. Wouldn't be too surprising if you had 2 defective coils. If you just purchased it may want shop to replace could if they will.

• Agree

avery6

Oct 7, 2017
How long did you charge it? Sometimes a truly dead battery needs to charge for quite a bit before showing signs of life.

Edit.
Quick search implies coil is bad. It's a SMOK coil so that doesn't surprise.

Be sure the coil is seated securely, finger tight will most often do. Wouldn't be too surprising if you had 2 defective coils. If you just purchased it may want shop to replace could if they will.
I charged it for about 2 hours after I first bought it and then used it on and off for about an hour then put it back on to charge overnight.
should I go with a different brand of coil or just try another smok one?

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia
From what I've read it is either the coil (most likely) or the charge.

Personally I'd try another coil, being sure it seats properly. If you have access to another MOD I'd put the tank on it and see if it reads a short. If it does, there ya go.

After that I don't really know. I've had bad luck with SMOK coils, others haven't. I had enough that I've retired the Baby and only use the RBA in the Big Baby.

avery6

Oct 7, 2017
From what I've read it is either the coil (most likely) or the charge.

Personally I'd try another coil, being sure it seats properly. If you have access to another MOD I'd put the tank on it and see if it reads a short. If it does, there ya go.

After that I don't really know. I've had bad luck with SMOK coils, others haven't. I had enough that I've retired the Baby and only use the RBA in the Big Baby.
i will charge it completely again and see what happens but if that doesn't work i will try a different brand coil. thank you so much

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I bought a smok stick v8 yesterday and it worked amazingly well until this morning. the button flashed a bunch of times and it turned itself off and will not turn back on. I put it on the charger and the button flashed four times. I have cleaned the threads between the battery and the tank, replaced the coil, refilled the juice, and still nothing has worked. any advice is greatly appreciated and know that i am very new to vaping so I will probably asked some dumb questions. thanks!
Welcome and glad you joined.
Could see Coastal Cowboy's comments regarding your problem. I could not say it better.
Re: SMOK QBOX
Could contact:
Visit local B&M Vape Shop-----Might be simple.
Vendor who sold it ---see if they will repair or replace or advise (any authorized distributor).
Manufacturer contact ---see if they will repair or replace or advise.
SMOK --->SMOKTech
email: support@smoktech.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread