Smok Tech DCCT - Left overnight, now I have a puddle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huuwap

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2012
Idaho
www.huuwap.me
Luckily had a condom under it in case this happened to catch juice and a paper towel under to soak up any excess, so I don't have a huge mess on my hands. I know it didn't come from the seals, it appears to have come straight down the center tube in the carto. It's one of those questions I've always had and haven't asked - since the tank should continually feed the carto inside, will the carto flood. I hadn't heard about any issues so I kind of forgot about it, but that seems to be exactly what happened in my case. Am I doing something wrong or is this the nature of the beast?

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
I've had dual coils inside a tank leak. My opinion is this...the dcc heats up the juice to a point of being water. Once it hits that point, it'll leak. Another thing, if you punch/slot your own, don't go too deep or you'll disrupt the airway and either break it loose at the base or damage the tube itself causing it to leak.

If you're using a pre-punched dcc, have more than one tank filled and rotate them around so that they have time to cool off. I do it and it's helped with leaking. Majority of leaking though, is from the airway being damaged.

bizzyb0t

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Denver CO, USA
twitter.com
The leaking issue comes down to how big the hole is and how viscous the liquid is. And like hairball said, the liquid becomes thinner in consistency when the atomizer is heated up, which can cause flooding. I haven't had too much trouble with the leaking on those tanks but in my experience, ALL carto-style tanks (and even all CE style tanks) have the potential to leak when the carto/atty is flooded. It's just a matter of how much. The only leak proof set-up would be one with no airflow and you couldn't vape it anyway ;)

M

Martö

I know you got rid of your tank but so others will know that happen to come upon this thread.. I have tried to make this so simple and easy to follow for the new people.

Old tanks you can try this if second wash fails but you might have to replace O-rings

ON NEW TANKS

Problem- There is a leak at the middle of the 510 connector or out the 510 connector holes, it doesn't look like the tank is leaking on the outside.

There is air getting in the tank so it's not sealed properly at the O-rings.

1. You need to pour your juice back into your container.
2. Slide the Cartomizer out
3. Remove both end caps
(Try to be easy doing this as you do not want to gouge the plastic cap or the rubber O-rings, I used a blunt toothpick)
4. Remove the outer O-rings from the top and bottom caps
5. Remove the inner O-rings from the top and bottom caps
6. Wash the caps I ran fingernail (toothpick works too) around the o-ring grooves (clear out mfg pieces from milling), O-rings, tube with warm water and a rag (Do not dry)
(Do not get water in the Center of the Cartomizer where the filler is) See bottom note if you got water in it.
7. Wash with a rag the outside of the cartomizer tube (Do not dry)
IMPORTANT - When putting everything back together run under warm water again DO NOT DRY. This helps to create a seal
8. Take the cap and O-rings get it wet and assemble together (I noticed this on an O-ring or 2 there is a line on the O-ring that was twisted I don't know if this made a difference or not but I made sure it was straight and not twisted on reassembly)
9. Place polycarb Tube on cap
10.Repeat Step 8 for other cap
11. Insert Cartomizer
12. Fill tank with your juice about 1/4" above the hole in the cartomizer
13. Close tank and put on drip tip (Wipe the DCCT and 510 connector off)
14. Put tank on PV
15. Stand the Pv with tank upright and let sit (you can also try and just prop the tank upright on something, I preferred to put it back on my mod since I put it on my desk and looked at it often)
20. About 5,10,15,30 min marks check bottom of tank for leaks out the cartomizer side holes on 510 connector if not then add a little more juice and recheck again on 5 min increments. If there is pool of juice then it's still leaking GOTO STEP 1

If you made it this far your done tanks sealed and you really shouldn't have to do this again ever.

If you have questions about it doing this then just Pm me I'll try to answer them

(NOTE: Water in Cartomizer, Just blow hard in the drip tip end this will clear out the channel, your juice might be a little diluted. You can keep blowing and run warm water in it again until it's clean of all juice then let it sit out to dry and use another cartomizer)

Last edited:

Huuwap

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2012
Idaho
www.huuwap.me
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread