Smok Tech XL 510 Single Coil Cartomizer -- woot woot

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerosouls

Apr 7, 2012
Somewhere in CA
For some reason I can't seem to start new threads in other forums\sub forums except the newbie forum so I'll post this here.

I just received my smok Tech XL 510 Single Coil Cartomizer and totally messed up filling it lol. Pretty much overfilled it by dripping and am totally using the condom method on my next new fill. Got a new liquid too "Turkish Hills". Love the taste.. it's 40PG/60VG and 20mg nic. Getting good vapor hits so far, but I'm not really experiencing the throat hit like I was with the atomizer\cart setup.

Could this just be because I am using a different ejuice or do I need to break in the new cartomizer more?

I guess I am just more curious to know what gives a good throat hit and what you all prefer?

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
I've tried a variety of Smoktech 510 XL cartos with my 3.7V E-Power 14650. Your results may vary.

1.5 ohm dual coil XL, stainless. Too cool on this this APV.
1.7 ohm single coil XL, stainless. Too warm.
2.0 ohm single coil XL, stainless. Just right.

I drip fill from the bottle. These Smoktech XLs hold about 60 drops or 2ml of liquid when dry filled. I refill them after vaping off about 1 ml (30 drops) of liquid. I always fill at least two cartos at a time because I go through at least 2ml of juice per day. Don't drip into the coil hole in the middle of the filler.

Dry carto filling:

Add about 10 drops of juice, rotating the carto 1/3 to 1/4 turn after each drop.

Set the carto down upright and right side up to soak while I drip into the next carto. Stand the carto on Kleenex or paper towel.

The second and third set of drips is about 6 drops each.

The fourth and all remaining fluid additions are all 3-4 drops at time, rotating the carto while filling and setting the carto down to soak while dripping into the next carto.

The cartos are filled when the top section of filler remains looking like a Slushie and when a drop or so of fluid flows down onto the paper. Blot the threaded end of the carto dry. Look into the coil hole by holding it up to a light. If it's not passing light, then gently blow into the carto end while holding Kleenex near the carto threaded end. This will remove excess liquid.

I refill the cartos at least ten times before the taste begins to suffer, then I toss them. After refilling six times or so darkened liquid will drip from the carto when filled. A couple of extra drops of liquid will flush most of this from the carto, improving taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread