SMOK X-Priv just bricked

Status
Not open for further replies.

RumbleFish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2011
L.A.
So, a couple weeks ago, my X-Priv began firing on its own. If I locked it after puffing, it was ok, if not, within a few seconds, it would just fire away. Once locked, within a few minutes, it would power itself off but, re-start with the 5 clicks.

Yesterday, it stopped allowing me to do this and it now just goes to 'locked' when I put the batteries in and I can't get it to do anything else.

Got this off of Ebay so, I'm pooched as far as warranty goes. Anybody ever taken one of these apart? Is it repairable or just a paper weight now?

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
This kind of reminded me of an Onion Story:

Vaper buys Smok mod off Ebay, and remarkably, it bricks. Even MORE unremarkably, vaper wonders if the brick should be fired up again, digs at the electronics, and wonders if that's a good idea.

No, don't fool around with it and I don't want to hear what you paid for it, used (I assume) or fake (I also assume) but this is a convergence of events you want to avoid in the future.

Proceed directly to the ECF vendors forum and also the reviews forum and also the "I'll never buy from Ebay forum-- LOL, there isn't one but I believe I bought a bricked Pico from there one time-- my first and last Ebay "mass market mod" experience, so you are not alone. Use ebay only in very Specific and Researched INSTANCES.

IF I owned a smoke mod purchased from Ebay, the LAST thing I would try to do is fiddle with it EVEN if I were a Master electrician which I have a hunch we are both not. Accept it's brickery as the price to learn, via experience that Vapers don't buy mass market mods off Ebay.

Welcome to the club,

Anna

Edward Denison

Jan 25, 2018
Talent, Oregon, U.S.A.
Don't know if it will work on your Ebay gem, but I have reset 2 different Smok boxes, an alien and a mag. Hold it upside down press and hold up/down and close the battery door keep holding up/down for about 5 seconds. The screen should flash that it is reseting and then boot up normal. I now keep those mods as backup in the closet.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread