The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Smoke FX storefront in Ottawa

Discussion in 'Canada Forum' started by maurice.osborne, Dec 8, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. maurice.osborne

maurice.osborne Full Member

Oct 16, 2012
    Ottawa
    To any Ottawa or surrounding area PV users. Just got back from a storefront on carling ave, and had a pretty pleasent experience. The company was originally located in the carlingwood shopping center, and have a storefront on Carling, accross from the Tim Hortons and next to the Silver spoon resturant. They were really pleasent and helpful, but were not fully stocked with a huge selection of batteries and pieces. They mostly have joyetec clones and different tank systems. Issues with one of their products on my battery were sorted out in a really friendly and helpful manor. The store owner was in the store while I was there and, the sales rep was great to deal with. Anyway, if anyone is low on e-juice (mainly deal in 50/50 PG/VG) or looking for new ego/510 style battery, I'd recomend that location based on a good first experience. The liquids are well priced, and pretty decent, and it's really nice to have a brick and moarter building to stop in and talk a little shop with fellow patrons.

So far so good with Smoke FX. Decent prices, great service, but limited selection at this early stage of their business. Convenience of a storefront is great and having it walking distance from my house is handy.

2. the alchemist

the alchemist Senior Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Montreal, Canada
    Nice to hear more and more people with balls of steel are opening brick and mortar shops! :D

3. froghammer

froghammer Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 26, 2012
    Toronto
    Very cool. I can't believe there aren't more of these shops in Toronto to be honest.

4. the alchemist

Oct 30, 2012
    Montreal, Canada
    I actually can't believe there are shops like that in Canada, you should have seen my lawyer's eyes when I told him lol...

5. gorn

gorn Full Member

Nov 26, 2012
    Canada
    Thanks for the info, Ottawa, I will visit him soon.

6. chagrin

chagrin Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 29, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    My thoughts exactly. The urbanvapour/onestopeshoppe place is the only real store in the GTA that I know of aside from the myriad of vendors on the outskirts at flea markets on weekends.

7. SoUnique

SoUnique Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2012
    Onatrio, Can.
    It almost makes me want to go into Ottawa to do some Christmas shopping so I can check the place out.

8. Nubbie

Nubbie Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 25, 2012
    Alberta Canada
    Thanks for the information, can you provide a bit better description of where on Carling, as it's been a few years since I lived in Ottawa. I do remember Carling being a bit of a longer street ;)
    Also what type or brand of juice are they selling? I just converted a couple of people in Ottawa and it would be great to be able to send them to a B&M shop.

Cheers

9. Wiz62

Wiz62 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 27, 2012
    Ottawa
    Actually there is a couple more in Ottawa East/West

eVape Ottawa

Specializing in Brand Name Electronic Cigarettes such as Joyetech, Kanger, Dekang eLiquid and Flavour Crafters eLiquid.

Situated in the Gloucester Center Mall, 1980 Ogilvie Rd, Ottawa

Kanata Vape

Specializing in Brand Name Electronic Cigarettes such as Joyetech, Kanger, Dekang eLiquid and Flavour Crafters eLiquid.

Situated in the Hazeldean Mall, 300 Eagleson Rd, Kanata

If i remember correctly he was supposed to open a new/3rd one on Albert street (downtown)

10. OttawaSteamer
    This message by OttawaSteamer has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Dec 13, 2012, Reason: Moved On.
    Dec 12, 2012
  11. OttawaSteamer
    This message by OttawaSteamer has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Dec 13, 2012, Reason: Moved On.
    Dec 12, 2012
  12. OttawaSteamer
    Dec 12, 2012
  13. Nubbie

Nubbie Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 25, 2012
    Alberta Canada
    Do they carry juice and anyone know the brand?

14. ease21

ease21 Senior Member Verified Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Ottawa
    really limited dekang and flavour crafters... classic kiosk prices, but convenient.

15. longtimesmok

longtimesmok Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 7, 2012
    montreal
    next time i am in ottawa I will have to check these places out, nice to see retail locations, montreal has vaporus on st.denis i believe, very convenient

16. gorn

gorn Full Member

Nov 26, 2012
    Canada
    Smoke FX carries juice and I got the tobacco e liquid,(generic) but I didn't care for it much. Otherwise the store doesn't have a big stock of juice, a lot of flavours not available or out of stock.

17. Tramd

Tramd Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 15, 2012
    canada
    How are they able to sell nicotine juice without getting shut down?

18. the alchemist

Oct 30, 2012
    Montreal, Canada
    I was wondering the same thing, but it's such a gray area at the moment that I think they just don't know what to do with this new industry popping up everywhere. In the end, I believe (and hope) they will see this as way to get more taxes from all these new businesses and jobs it's creating.

19. plastik

plastik Full Member Verified Member

May 29, 2012
    Ottawa
    Since no one's posted it yet, I did some searching, and found the address. It's @ 1769 Carling.

20. XCypher

XCypher Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 26, 2012
    Ottawa, ON
    Do they have a lounge or seating? Seems important with coffee and a vape to relax ;)

21. Kal4483

Kal4483 Full Member

Dec 3, 2012
    Ottawa, Ont
    I've been to the Kanata location, they're very helpful. Not a big selection and I found on the pricey side for juice but decent if you want something in a pinch. Customer service is great I have to say. Can't wait to check the carling store though. There's just something about seeing things in the physical sometimes.

22. charliecrc1

charliecrc1 Full Member Verified Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Calgary,Alberta
    This is awesome. I'm from Ottawa, currently living in Calgary. I'm going to check it the Carling location. I'm planning on converting some smokers once i get there, flying down tomorrow. Does anybody know of Vape friendly places in ottawa? I'm amazed that there is an actual b&m.

23. ease21

ease21 Senior Member Verified Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Ottawa
    Upon thinking about it, there are some ethical issues surrounding selling ego kits for 105-125. i'd only use these guys if i absolutely had to for juice to bridge the gap between orders (which doesn't really happen). canvape sells the same kits for 49-70.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.