• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Smoke FX storefront in Ottawa

Status
Not open for further replies.

longtimesmok

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
montreal
Upon thinking about it, there are some ethical issues surrounding selling ego kits for 105-125. i'd only use these guys if i absolutely had to for juice to bridge the gap between orders (which doesn't really happen). canvape sells the same kits for 49-70.
i do not think ethics should be even mention, business is business and what someone wants to charge is their business, doesn matter, if I lived in ottawa i would not have to leave my house to get all of my products, since the long time local vendor there capitalnicfit hand delivers all their product to ottawa locals, i am not so lucky to get such service since im near montreal but even still with them delivering to you door they prices are very good and cost showing is tax in i like that no surprises.

macdo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
Ottawa(near)
I stopped in the other day to pick some ego twists for friends and I was told they don't sell them because they break easily. He had already fixed a bunch for people.
I asked if they had any variable voltage batteries and he said yes but they start off at 3.7 volts and vary down until they shut off.
I wasn't to impressed.

froghammer

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2012
Toronto
I guess that's *technically* variable voltage. One direction only: down. Haha. Hearing he doesn't sell Twists because he thinks they break easily isn't a good sign though. He sounds like those old mechanics or repairmen you occasionally run into who have an unfounded mistrust of something or another and no amount of data or common sense will change their minds.

smokum

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario -CANADA-
I doubt it...... being kiosk or brick n mortar has the advantage of face to face sales of the unknowing, which will always offer a an opening sales point of those otherwise lost (even regardless of price for impulse buying).

But saying that.... repeat customers are not likely once the strive for more information brings customers to the internet (and hopefully here to ECF), unless its only out of the need for local buying convenience.

longtimesmok

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
montreal
if you say selling crap has it place then i have to disagree, it sound like you are saying it ok for newbie to be taken for a ride in purchasing bad products, this is no good for any business, ECF is big community but most people that vape have never even heard of it and really could care less for it, so good busineses with good product is key i think i will have to check these out to see for myself if they have a shack or a shanty worth presence.

skedji

Moved On
Dec 21, 2012
ottawa
  • Deleted by Unforeseen
  • Reason: Moved On

skedji

Moved On
Dec 21, 2012
ottawa
  • Deleted by Unforeseen

skedji

Moved On
Dec 21, 2012
ottawa
  • Deleted by Unforeseen

chagrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Unless my twists were knock offs which doubt since upon opening and inspecting pieces looked genuinely high quality (in comparison wth joy life brand)
I fixed 2 of them but the thirds chip was fried

Are they labelled "eGo-C Twist" on the side, with a logo on the bottom of the dial ?

Come to think of it, I have heard of some twists having wires break right near the ego/510 connection, usually after being dropped though. I'm pretty hard on mine and aside from stripping the 510 connection on one (user error) and some of the rubbing coating coming off, they're all still working fine.

Last edited:

adsm

Apr 16, 2013
Ottawa
Just returned from my second shopping at smoke FX on carling ave. in Ottawa. I react to anything higher than 50/50... PG and I don't get along lol. Their juice is 50/50 so very convenient for me being a local b&m. Their juice is pretty good but there staff needs major training. I'm always concerned when I leave because the bottles are not marked with the NIC mg. today, the clerk gave me green topped bottles when I asked for 16mg but last week the woman that served me gave me blue topped bottles and said it was 16mg... Argh. I asked him why today and he said he was sorry and that he grabbed the wrong strength and exchanged for blue tops. Come on people! We absolutely need accurate info here. These are drugs we are talking about. Train your staff and be professional. A pharmacist would never hand you the wrong drug strength and expect you to notice and then swap it out. Why is the NIC not on the bottle to avoid this from happening? If you're worried about health canada, they would test the juice anyway so what difference does it make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread