• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Smokefree Wisconsin

Status
Not open for further replies.

NekoGurrl

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Muskego, WI
Today durring my normal stops at Dr. Michael Siegel's blog: The Rest of the Story: Tobacco News Analysis and Commentary

I found an interesting post about the group Smokefree Wisconsin.
"E-cigarettes: the latest ploy by Big Tobacco to hook kids"

I have to admit, I don't frequent their web site (or didn't), and had missed the lies they where spreading. Dr Siegel has contacted the group to correct the information that they posted, with no results. After the loss we had in Long Island I would hate to see a similar measure occur here in Wisconsin.

So here's what I had to say to them...

Why does your organization lie about the facts?I have been a pack a day smoker for over 35 years, and recently have been able to drastically reduce my tobacco use. This has been a godsend to my health, and breathing. No more smelly air in my house, clothes or person. All thanks to the electronic cigarette.

Now I understand that a group in Wisconsin is spreading lies about this device and it's use, and it's name is Smokefree Wisconsin. I can understand your belief that cigarette smoke can be toxic, and considering some of the MSDS data on the additives that are commonly in cigarettes I can understand that conclusion. However when you publish information as facts, when they are not corroborated by the FDA's own tests, or statements. The tests that the FDA ran was strictly on the liquid in 19 Electronic Cigarette CARTRIDGES, they did not perform test on the vapor given off by these devices. There where traces of tobacco-specific nitrosamines that remain from the nicotine extraction process, as well as diethylene glycol at levels below the FDA guidelines for Propylene Glycol. You also indicated that the products where the latest ploy of Big tobacco to get children addicted to cigarettes! The tobacco companies are loosing money because of these devices, which they have no control, nor make any money on. The majority are manufactured in China, the patent belongs to a company named Ruyan, who is working with the FDA to receive approval for these devices.

You have indeed shown your organization for what it truly is, hypocritical and deceptive with an agenda against the people of this State. If you actually had any interest in making Wisconsin smoke free, you would not be going after one of the only viable options smokers have to stop using tobacco. I will make it a point to keep my eyes on your group, and will do everything I can to make sure the truth on this subject is not obscured by your lies.

Sheryl, Muskego WI

I know it will fall on deaf ears, but maybe there's one person in the organization willing to see the truth thru their smoke screen...

Who am I kidding...

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
They posted this article back in April -got a drubbing in the comments (one was mine!) I don't believe they've been aggressively against PV's since (haven't heard any war drums?) - but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be watched.... carefully.

It's a great piece, Neko - never tell yourself it's a bad idea to spread the word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread