Smoking Everywhere V. FDA Daily Docket Sheet Update--APPEAL's COURT ISSUES STAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevo_tdo

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2009
Missouri
thats crazy, back in the day kids used to break them open on purpose and play with the mercury, it was like silly puddy to them, just a sign of the times,
I was thinking about how much better Boy Scouts were back in the day too, we used to go repelling, 4 wheeling, shooting, archery, mountain climbing, river rafting, Now they don't do any of that, they tie knots, look at plants, and go on recycling expeditions, because its TOO DANGEROUS, what the hell is the world coming too! "mom please flush it all away"

My troop still does. I got my eagle in 2004. Even to this day women aren't even allowed to go camping with the boys. Atleast in our town it's still a balls to the wall, hell we even have one campout a year just for the boys and adults to compete in archery and shotgun. I guess It all depends where you live. I'm still technically in redneck territory I guess that's why.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
I wonder what influence this might have on Judge Leon's decision, since ASH USA is backing the FDA?

Territoo-----Judge Leon has is own agenda right here in the US. Did you see how fast he allowed ASH's Motion for Leave to File their Brief----the same day. Meanwhile the Alliance filing is still sitting there waiting for Leave.

Sun

deewal

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2008
In a house.
I wonder what influence this might have on Judge Leon's decision, since ASH USA is backing the FDA?

None. The UK does not mean a thing to the US Government anymore.

If your President carries on as he started, insulting our Prime Minister, insulting The Queen and insulting Scotland our Countries may not even be "allies" by next year. My opinion. Off Topic.

SquirrilahFish

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2009
Honolulu
My troop still does. I got my eagle in 2004. Even to this day women aren't even allowed to go camping with the boys. Atleast in our town it's still a balls to the wall, hell we even have one campout a year just for the boys and adults to compete in archery and shotgun. I guess It all depends where you live. I'm still technically in redneck territory I guess that's why.

well that makes me very happy to hear, this is coming from when I was living in UT. It might have just been the scout master, he was die hard mormon, and possibly a homosexual. But I have heard from other people that it has gotten increasingly lamer.

sorry completely off topic =]

OutWest

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
Oklahoma USA
www.alternasmokes.com
Echoing Mr. Kai a bit, the folks who scream the loudest about the potential dangers of the second-hand smoke would expose themselves to many times the amount of toxic vapors just walking down one of our main roads at rush hour -- that is, if they ever bothered to walk anywhere to begin with.

Even in your own home, you're exposed to toxic vapors, from formaldehyde to possibly radon to who knows what else (my home has asbestos siding), so why the big hue and cry over e-cigs?

~~Cheryl
Agree completely. Unleaded gasoline contains benzene, which causes leukemia. And the benzene does not get completely burned by the car, which means it's also in the exhaust. When they took the lead out, they had to replace it with something to keep the octane levels up and they, in their infiinite wisdom, decided to use benzene.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Sun, can I ask why you are convinced there is a decision pending this week? Just because of the time involved so far?

Well, if the Universe continues on it's current path....the decision will be reached today. I just wired a buttload of money to China.

Inch---I say that because there has been plenty of time that has lapsed since SE filed its motion clearly laying out that they can not continue and will go bankrupt without relief of the Prelimary Injunction. Remember that the request for a Temporary Restraning Order was dumped into the Preliminary Injuction. So SE is deserving of a ruling.

Does that mean the Judge Leon is going to rule against SE---not necessarily by any means. I just took a look over at Ash's website, that has been patting themselves on the back with all the damage they have done to e-cigs. But now in the last week---nothing really. What does that say--maybe nothing, but with the ego's they have over at Ash, it makes me wonder why their ranting is not continuing. Again, it might mean nothing but I thought I would mention it.

Sun

SquirrilahFish

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2009
Honolulu
Inch---I say that because there has been plenty of time that has lapsed since SE filed its motion clearly laying out that they can not continue and will go bankrupt without relief of the Prelimary Injunction. Remember that the request for a Temporary Restraning Order was dumped into the Preliminary Injuction. So SE is deserving of a ruling.

Does that mean the Judge Leon is going to rule against SE---not necessarily by any means. I just took a look over at Ash's website, that has been patting themselves on the back with all the damage they have done to e-cigs. But now in the last week---nothing really. What does that say--maybe nothing, but with the ego's they have over at Ash, it makes me wonder why their ranting is not continuing. Again, it might mean nothing but I thought I would mention it.

Sun
Im sure just as we are sitting on edge, waiting hoping, they are sitting there (ash, fda, etc.) wondering whats taking so long as well, Im sure they think its a no brainer, which is an easy stance to take when you have no brains, (ash really pisses me off)

1inchgroup

ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2009
You've been paying attention a lot longer than I have been...so your thoughts on this are a good counterpoint to the news articles. Figured it was time to fish or cut bait. If I lose it, it's not going to be a life changing loss...had to jump. Been waiting on this decision for months, it could take months more.

The silence makes me think that a deal is being worked out...whether it's between the FDA and SE, or the manufacturers in China...something's going on behind the scenes. Just hope they don't cut nicotine levels down to 4mg/ml in an attempt to price fix the product closer to cigarette costs.

I love these things...and I know a lot of people that will too. I'm moving forward. To hell with the FDA's delay-delay-delay. Black market prices on 510 starter kits are going to be astronomical. Gonna get all I need before that's even a possibility.

bladeangel87

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2009
Flash vaping is not a bad idea at all. A great way to educate folks about it. And you're right, lots of youtube videos... especially if we did some choreography by synching everyone's motions. HA! ;)

Anyways, they will be able to see first hand that a mass of people can vape around you without smelling a thing (cept maybe my fierce pineapple flavor). It might even stir up some media attention... hmm... we would def stir up media attention if we flash vaped naked... call it FLESH vaping...

+1 for FLESH VAPING! had to add it.

BigJimW

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Warwick, RI
www.moonport.org
2:25pm PST and either Sun is busy pursuing other priorities in his life, or there is something going on today and he is writing some information to present our fate in simple terms.

Aught to be interesting. The day a ruling is made, Sun Vaporer will be taking a lot of time reading it.

So, his lack of response yet could indicate something came down the pike.

And I don't feel it will be siding for SE.

TheKingOfKool

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Pennsylvania State
Aught to be interesting. The day a ruling is made, Sun Vaporer will be taking a lot of time reading it.

So, his lack of response yet could indicate something came down the pike.

And I don't feel it will be siding for SE.

if there is a ruling i think legal one will tell us about it before sun will

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
This is making me a nervous, angry wreck.

I would think if the issue were crystal clear -- if the FDA acted properly -- that the decision would have been a quick one. Ha. It's been dragging on for five months. At least that has given me some hope that everything is not crystal clear, that it's not just either tobacco or drug product. Flip a coin if that's the case! Heads, FDA wins. Tails, FDA wins.

But at least we'll know where we stand legally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread