Screenshot_20190223-123612.png

All day yesterday.

Reactions: MacTechVpr

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Smoking isn't associated with vaping unless we force it to be. The media would love to point to vaping and say that even vapers say it's smoke. Let's not give them that freedom. It's mostly water vapor from our lungs and the surrounding air humidity with some flavor, nic, and heated vapor from PG and VG.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Smoking isn't associated with vaping unless we force it to be. The media would love to point to vaping and say that even vapers say it's smoke. Let's not give them that freedom. It's mostly water vapor from our lungs and the surrounding air humidity with some flavor, nic, and heated vapor from PG and VG.

I did a test just to see how much is water vapor... I hooked a hose to a scuba regulator, ran it to an atty ( the tip) and drove clean VERY DRY air thru it and it spewed massive amounts of vapor out of the airhole on the atty... I was expecting to see barely anything since there was no water vapor in the air tank... but lo and behold, it produced more vapor than I could do with my RDA at 80W via some heavy puffing. soooo... Im not too sure that water vapor makes up a huge component of vape "vapor"....

• Creative
Reactions: stols001

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I did a test just to see how much is water vapor... I hooked a hose to a scuba regulator, ran it to an atty ( the tip) and drove clean VERY DRY air thru it and it spewed massive amounts of vapor out of the airhole on the atty... I was expecting to see barely anything since there was no water vapor in the air tank... but lo and behold, it produced more vapor than I could do with my RDA at 80W via some heavy puffing. soooo... Im not too sure that water vapor makes up a huge component of vape "vapor"....

At least it's not smoke. :)

I do see very low vapor production on cold, dry days compared to hot, humid weather in the South. Of course, the PG and VG has to go somewhere as it's used up when we vape. There's probably some addition of moisture from our lungs in the vapor we exhale.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
The title's tragic. It's not smoke people. Too much intersection goin on here of late.

Have to reason that drier air is more readily capable of carrying more "vapor" than air that is already saturated. It's an empty passenger car on that train. You just provided adequate and efficient airflow. Heat, high pressure, velocity…then cooling. What happens when you exhale into dry cool winter air? Condensation. You may then actually see a greater proportion of the water vapor that's there at typical room temps.

I do see very low vapor production on cold, dry days compared to hot, humid weather in the South. Of course, the PG and VG has to go somewhere as it's used up when we vape. There's probably some addition of moisture from our lungs in the vapor we exhale.

Dave buddy I'm baffled by this perspective. Don't understand how fluid in the lungs converts to vapor.

Agree perhaps better than 2/3's of what we see as vapor output is actually water. It expands at a ratio of >1600:1 at transition. It's rapid expansion under heat, pressure and the wick's internal airstream velocity violently aerosolizes bases and other ingredients. Just how exactly does the moisture in the lungs convert or become water vapor? I can't process the theory that a fluid attaches to airborne particles of VG/PG (rather than the particle attaching to it). What raises the heat of lung water moisture enough to break its adhesion (surface tension) when present on tissue? Shouldn't it actually be the other way around as vaping aerosols (lose energy) cool in the airstream?

I've actually and I think too often heard the claim that vapor issues from the lungs. This suggests that what we're vaporizing is mostly VG/PG. Can we dispense with this myth?

We're expelling water moisture we can't see all the time. But we're saturating that level to the max that nature and our build will allow when we vape. I think the stuff we see are just passengers in the windows of that invisible pumpkin.

Good luck. :)

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Just how exactly does the moisture in the lungs convert or become water vapor?

I guess it's the same principle as breathing on a mirror or exhaling outside on a cold day(condensation). Sure, it's miniscule. There's vapor from the pg and vg, the moisture in the air, and a certain amount from our lung exhale that normally only condenses on cold days, mostly. Ive noticed a difference in vapor production when the humidity is very low or very high. Just an observation on my part.

Last edited:

Morgan_Drury

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2018
The thread title might be inappropriate, but if you tried the recipe it is quite addictive. The creator also has a Strawberry Latte that is excellent.

View attachment 800227

As I was scrolling, I read that last sentence as: "The creator also has a Strawberry Laxative that is excellent."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread