xpl0it

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2013
Miami, FL
DCT = Dual Coil Tank = DCtank

DCT's use cartomizers.

ProTank's use atomizer heads.

The only negative between the two in my opinion is that the ProTank only holds approx 2.5-3ml of liquid. Which may or may not get you through an entire day without refilling.

You can't go wrong with either choice and personally I would buy both. This way you can decide which provides the best vaping experience for you. Everyone has there own system that works best for their particular needs :)

It has taken me over two dozen different tanks from various manufacturers to narrow down the ones I use everyday! ;-)

Rodeorat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2013
Guthrie, OK
anyone tried the new smoktech pyrex dctank?
i'm in the mood for shopping for more tanks and having trouble deciding between protank and dctank.
thanks.

About to find out. Ordered mine yesterday. 1st cartos. Been doing well with KPTs, but flavor is muted in those. Supposedly the cartos have better flavor, but I didn't want to give up the pyrex tank. So I'm hopeful this is the best of both worlds.

MartiP

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2013
San Antonio, TX, USA
About to find out. Ordered mine yesterday. 1st cartos. Been doing well with KPTs, but flavor is muted in those. Supposedly the cartos have better flavor, but I didn't want to give up the pyrex tank. So I'm hopeful this is the best of both worlds.

I've never used a carto tank either. I have an AGR locking tank coming, going to try it out. I'm very happy with my protanks and evods, but figured I'd see if the hype about better taste was true.

razor4432

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Wisconsin
what's the difference between a single coil and a dual coil?

Supposedly more vapor production and flavor. Can also crank the voltage up more since the coils are both twice the resistance that the carto is classified at. I'm using 2ohm dual-coils (which is 2 4ohm coils) and running up around 5v. Single coil you'd only take to around 4v. Haven't tried a single coil yet so this is simply based off of what I've read and my experience with the dual-coils. Flavor seems great and vapor good, not quite the vapor production of my AGA-T+ but I'm also running a 20/80 pg/vg mix in a single hole carto. Going to swap out for a 2 hole carto I picked up last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread