Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
I dropped the Zmax again, this time on the tar drive-way!! Arrrrghh..twice in one day. :facepalm:

I was setting up my daughters child-seat in my "new to me" SUV, and when I climbed in, it slid out of my sweatshirt pocket again. That sweatshirt is being retired. It's done!!

Zmax survived again, with very very faint scuff marks on one side that should polish right off. Considering that this was almost a 5 foot fall, I think it can handle day to day bumps that folks will put it through.

Happy vaping, folks. :)

natgas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2012
Magnolia, TX
Just consider it another battle scar; my z is on it's way to me after reading through this thread. I'm really looking forward to giving it a try.

I dropped the Zmax again, this time on the tar drive-way!! Arrrrghh..twice in one day. :facepalm:

I was setting up my daughters child-seat in my "new to me" SUV, and when I climbed in, it slid out of my sweatshirt pocket again. That sweatshirt is being retired. It's done!!

Zmax survived again, with very very faint scuff marks on one side that should polish right off. Considering that this was almost a 5 foot fall, I think it can handle day to day bumps that folks will put it through.

VapDrak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2012
Ecuador

Yeah we all know how that feels....
But now really... tell us about the ZMax Version 2 !!!
:):):)

patch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2012
nyc
Well it won't go below 1.3 ohm and 22 watt is not exactly usable (cooked tongue)

You would be exceptionally good at making coils after vaping @22 watts.

And the SS batt caps are available numerous places

vaping at 20 watts with stacked batteries on a mechanical mod can be a pretty fun aside--the vapor and throat hit is beastly, but maybe not an everyday thing i agree.

patch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2012
nyc
thanks everybody for the tips on where to pick the zmax up! so far, to pick up the SS version with extension cap, madvapes looks like it may be the place to buy from especially with the 10% off coupon that is floating around. still, i am thinking strongly about the 6 month warranty given at allaboutvapor. so we'll see...

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
Ok excuse me if this has already been answered, but the alergies are really messing up my vision today. If you set the zmax for a certain wattage does it do the variable pulse modulation thing like the vmax does? I only ask because I know my vmax runs a higher voltage that it shows. Or at least it feels like it. If the zmax is set at example 6 watts, does it vari or does it stay constent. This is the main holdup for me getting one, seeing as the provari is just way more money than I can handle at this time in my vaping career.

jackbox

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Thailand (U.S. Expat)
Ok excuse me if this has already been answered, but the alergies are really messing up my vision today. If you set the zmax for a certain wattage does it do the variable pulse modulation thing like the vmax does? I only ask because I know my vmax runs a higher voltage that it shows. Or at least it feels like it. If the zmax is set at example 6 watts, does it vari or does it stay constent. This is the main holdup for me getting one, seeing as the provari is just way more money than I can handle at this time in my vaping career.

Yes, it uses PWM to regulate the voltage. There is a little variance and it goes down a bit when the batteries run low. When it is set to 6 watts you will most likely be vaping around 9 watts. You find where you like it and ignore the numbers. It is constant enough (my guess is maybe a 5 to 10% variance) to make most people happy.

fuzzione

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2012
GTA Ontario

Here's hoping the v2 will also come with a pocket clip....just for Dusty :)

jackbox

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Thailand (U.S. Expat)
Here's hoping the v2 will also come with a pocket clip....just for Dusty :)

Maybe it will have a drop sensor and anti-gravity technology. When you drop it the device senses the fall and turns on the anti-gravity field and just floats in the air and then gently lowers itself to the ground. That would be worth an extra ten or twenty bucks. :)

fuzzione

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2012
GTA Ontario
Maybe it will have a drop sensor and anti-gravity technology. When you drop it the device senses the fall and turns on the anti-gravity field and just floats in the air and then gently lowers itself to the ground. That would be worth an extra ten or twenty bucks. :)

McCoy's PV has that already together with a VW range of 1-100.

mccoy2.jpg

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND

If you want 6 watts than set it to 3 watts and use the 18650, it's consistent at this setting - don't use the 18350's as the output is all over the place.

jackbox

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Thailand (U.S. Expat)
Here is all that matters. From the above referenced video (ecigadvanced review). With single 18650 max power is about 11 watts (more than enough for me). With stacked 18350s however, the max wattage can go as high as 22 watts. If you want a normal vape and you know what wattage setting to use to get what you like, it is a good reasonably consistent device. If you want a "mega beast" then use stacked 18350 (be careful you don't burn your lips).

Yellow = 18650 @ 3 ohms
Blue = 18650 @ 1.5 ohms
Red = 18350 X 2 @ 3 ohms
Green = 18350 X 2 @ 1.5 ohms

zmax poser - large view.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread