Status
Not open for further replies.

patch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2012
nyc
very informative stuff, jackbox!

Here is all that matters. From the above referenced video (ecigadvanced review). With single 18650 max power is about 11 watts (more than enough for me). With stacked 18350s however, the max wattage can go as high as 22 watts. If you want a normal vape and you know what wattage setting to use to get what you like, it is a good reasonably consistent device. If you want a "mega beast" then use stacked 18350 (be careful you don't burn your lips).

Yellow = 18650 @ 3 ohms
Blue = 18650 @ 1.5 ohms
Red = 18350 X 2 @ 3 ohms
Green = 18350 X 2 @ 1.5 ohms

View attachment 139909

Optimo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Virginia
Well I got a ZMax yesterday thanks to our good friend Dirk that sent it to me as a Bday present :)

Here's my thoughts: This ZMax is a prototype that doesn't have the smok and ZMax written on it so it might be a bit different than the finalized versions.

The button was improved almost too much...it has a very solid click now that takes more effort to push than a VMax but it still rattles around a little. The blue display is a tad bit dimmer. The threads are pretty damn good, maybe a bit better than the SS R4 VMax. One thing I don't like about it is how after you let off the fire button it continues to fire for a little less than a second but it's not that bad once you get used to it.

The power with a single 18650 battery is pretty weak compared to the VMax. It vapes more along the lines of a Lavatube/Provari. At 15 watts it vapes about like my V at 3-4 volts and on the voltage setting 4.5-5 volts on the Z feels about like 3 volts does on the V. Needless to say, I will be getting the 18350 extension cap asap :).

Overall it's not bad and gives the people that didn't like the raw power of the V a not so hot vape with a 18650 batt and for thoes that love the beastly power 18350's should satasify.

Stonemull

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Check out Vapetv's last show. They put the Zmax on a specialized meter and it looks as if it maxes out at 10W no matter what you set it to according to their equipment. That should still be enough for 99% of vapers.

he used too high a resistance carto to hit to the current limit, the boost supply runs around 5.2v from the 18650, so with the 3Ω carto that was used it was never going to exceed 10W.
would have been more interesting with a 1.5Ω instead, then i expect the boost supply would drop somewhat but i should still make up to 14W or so.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
Everyone Dusty is getting the 24k gold Green LED zmax version 2 next week, goes up to 20watts....tell us more Dusty lol...does it have a flux capacitor and run on 1.21 jig a watts???

Sorry, I'm under a NDA (non disclosure agreement) from SmokTech. You're just going to have to wait and see. :p

skipdashu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2011
Central Texas
Hey! That looks familiar! :vapor:

1st off I have a VMax (3.0v reset version AAV gave me when my v1 died). So I didn't buy a ZMax to do volts. Checked voltage mode out in the first few minutes of having it and it's been in Wattage mode ever since. So it remembers my last settings, nice. I didn't know it would do it for days tough. Thank you. I find with my IMR/CGR type 18650s (didn't like 2x18350 mode) and a setting of 6.5~7.0w using standard resistance cartos, atties and vivi tanks it works really well for me. I can change out anything from 2.0 to 3.0 ohms on it and get the same vape. Yea, I realize it's really a 8 to 9w vape and that's where I'd be vaping a straight DC mod but once set up who cares.

I seem to get a couple days out of a fresh battery at my settings also. My older 18650 IMRs seem to last close to a day. Can't complain. The one time I tried the 2x18350 set up I got a shorter run-time, but expected that.

Thanx for the review with the best 'graphing out' of all the differences I've seen to date! Good Job.

Skip

Last edited:

Stymied

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2011
ChicagoLand, IL USA
sites.google.com
Here is my idea for for the next mod in the Max line up. Call it MaxPower ,it would have an 8th setting in the menu to turn "MaxPower on or off, "off" being the volts or watts when it's set to and when set to "on" for the super sized watts and volts.

Yeah baby! Yeah! ... Do you like my MaxPower? Heheh! :2cool:

Optimo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Virginia
All along the stacked 18350's in the VMax is what was giving the beastly power output that I have grown to absolutely love and makes any other device not satisfy me at all. Haven't even used the ZMax that much because of the low power output in 18650 mode. Can't wait till the 18350 extension cap comes...it's gonna be a whole new PV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread