Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Here is my suggestion
On a 1.8 Ohm LR you are very safe up to 5V on Trustfire
On a 2.4Ohm you are fine up to 6V on Trustfire
Anything higher such as 2.8ohm and 3.0 etc you are fine taking up to 6.2-6.4V on Trustfire

If you Vape Dual Coil Cartos than:
1.5Ohm up to 4.0 is is safe on Trustfire
1.25 Ohm you shouldn't use on Trustfire

These are based on the following chart.
Ohm's and Joule's Law Calculator

The way that you figure out dual cartos is that you double the rating
for example 1.5 you plug in at 3.0. Than the results for Amps and watts you double again.

This technical Chart explains
Dual Coil Cartomizers

Note there are alot of variables, it's possible that the chip actually boosts the Voltage taken from the batteries so you could go higher
but I can't recommend it and didn't do it because I don't trust the protections in the Trustfire Battery to go off when you've exceeded the Amps and Bad things can happen.
But I believe you are 100% safe vaping at these voltages on the Trustfire.

Go beyond them at your own risk.

Cigarman

Registered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2011
St. Petersburg, FL
smoktek.com
Here is my suggestion
On a 1.8 Ohm LR you are very safe up to 5V on Trustfire
On a 2.4Ohm you are fine up to 6V on Trustfire
Anything higher such as 2.8ohm and 3.0 etc you are fine taking up to 6.2-6.4V on Trustfire

If you Vape Dual Coil Cartos than:
1.5Ohm up to 4.0 is is safe on Trustfire
1.25 Ohm you shouldn't use on Trustfire

These are based on the following chart.
Ohm's and Joule's Law Calculator

The way that you figure out dual cartos is that you double the rating
for example 1.5 you plug in at 3.0. Than the results for Amps and watts you double again.

This technical Chart explains
Dual Coil Cartomizers

Note there are alot of variables, it's possible that the chip actually boosts the Voltage taken from the batteries so you could go higher
but I can't recommend it and didn't do it because I don't trust the protections in the Trustfire Battery to go off when you've exceeded the Amps and Bad things can happen.
But I believe you are 100% safe vaping at these voltages on the Trustfire.

Go beyond them at your own risk.

Thanks for the awesome review Tom, and this helpful guide. Your time and effort is very much appreciated, just wanted you to know.

-Rob

Cigarman

Registered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2011
St. Petersburg, FL
smoktek.com
95% of my vaping is in the 2-2.5 amp range, but I'll be getting the IMR batts.
It'll be like my camaro, I mostly drive 55-60mph, but for those times I wanna go from 60 to 120 I can.
Now I gotta get me some emblems ready to put on this ;)
We received a shipment of IMR's today and the 14500's are perfect for our Smokbox mods! They measure 50.5mm so they fit better than the Trustfires. I'll have them on the site sometime tomorrow, 9/6.

smokie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2009
Brooklyn, New York
www.youtube.com
SmokBox VariCool! The efficient variable voltage mod.
New Stealth Model available!

Read the Vaping Guides Review !

Hand-built and tested to perfection! Run any atomizer/cartomizer with the perfect voltage to drive them! A 3a switching regulator provides true 3.3-6.5 volt output with no heat build up. Up to 95% efficient use of battery energy means longer life!

3xAA sized box uses two Li-Ion 14500 batteries which will supply 900mah of battery life for all day use for moderate vapers. Small compact size is easy to carry and use. Don't let the size fool you it packs a big punch at 4-6 volts!

Each box is handcrafted and fully tested.

Features:

• Reliable big button switch (5 amp)
  • 3 amp switching regulator
  • Red LED indicator light (future models will have choices available)
  • Black 3xAA A.B.S resin battery box - dimensions: (2-3/4" x 1-7/8" x 5/8")
  • Sealed and reinforced 510 connector
  • Master On/Off safety switch
  • Easy to adjust, concealed voltage trimmer, marked at 3.8 and 5v

What's the difference between a switching and linear voltage regulator?

Technical answer:

Switching regulator - In a switching regulator transistors are turned completely ON or OFF like a switch. When they are on lots of current can flow but there is almost no voltage across the transistor therefore the transistor dissipates very little power. When the transistor is off there is usually a voltage across the transistor but there is no current so again there is very little power. Energy is usually stored and filtered through inductors and capacitors and regulation is controlled by varying the percentage of time on vs. off (duty cycle). The advantage to this is that there is very little heat or wasted power making this design capable of being very efficient.

Linear regulator - In a linear regulator the transistor is turned partly on so as to provide the proper resistance to the load so that the load always sees the same voltage. Since it is partly on there is a definite voltage drop across the regulating transistor and there is as much current simultaneously as the load is demanding. Therefore power is being dissipated across the transistor which turns into heat. This heat is wasted power and the reason that switching supplies are so much more efficient.

Simple answer:

Switching regulator:
More efficient (up to 95% efficiency)
More time between recharges
Runs much cooler
More expensive

Linear regulator:
Less efficient (20-60% efficiency)
Less time between recharges
Runs much hotter
Less expensive

Try the E-Power Dual Coil Cartomizer (EPDCC) on the VariCool!
- 1.5 ohm, 5.5ml - Black or Stainless - w/rubber tip

This is designed for the E-Power 14650 and fits it like a glove! However, you can also use the EPDCC on other 510 devices like our SmokBox Mods with the addition of the eGo-510 connector. :2cool:

Been looking at this Mod Box for a while now, and finally ordered one that I am really enjoying, so here is my Review of the VariCool Box Mod.

Cigarman

Registered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2011
St. Petersburg, FL
smoktek.com
The Beast is back! Now you can get the high power VariCool 6 amp model.

Our new VariCool 6 amp model is now available in black and white in limited quantity. There are two models each, the LED version and the Stealth/Glow version with LED inside the box.

Hand-built and tested to perfection! Run any atomizer/cartomizer with the perfect voltage to drive them! A 6a switching regulator provides true 3.3-6.5 volt output with no heat build up. Up to 95% efficient use of battery energy means longer life!

3xAA sized box uses two Li-Ion 14500 batteries which will supply 900mah of battery life for all day use for moderate vapers.

Small compact size is easy to carry and use. Don't let the size fool you it packs a big punch at 5-6 volts!

Each box is handcrafted and fully tested.

Features:

• Reliable big button switch (5 amp)
  • 6 amp switching regulator (on the Beast)
  • Red LED indicator light (other choices available)
  • Black 3xAA A.B.S resin battery box - dimensions: (2-3/4" x 1-7/8" x 5/8")
  • Sealed and reinforced 510 connector
  • Master On/Off safety switch
  • Easy to adjust, concealed voltage trimmer, marked at 3.8 and 5v

You can safely run our Trustfire Li-Ion 14500's in the Beast for normal use, but if you're into Xtreme vaping over 2.5 amps, Please use quality IMR button-top batteries.

SmokTek Mods have an extended 30 day warranty beyond our normal 30 days. If anything fails in material or workmanship in your 1st two months of ownership, it will be repaired or replaced at no cost other than shipping to us.

Get More Vapor! :2cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Great Review, I really enjoyed it. Only one error and one possible error. The springs for the battery are long. An AW IMR fits perfectly, no need for magnets.

I don't believe that the 6 Amp shortens the battery life. I'll do a comparison of the two soon, Unfortunately when I did my review for the 3 Amp I switched between a Dual Coil Carto 1.5 and a 3.0 Ohm Single Coil.

For the 6 Amp Beast I just used a Dual Coil and on the AW IMR Battery
My results were 25 Minutes on the 3 Amp Model Verses 21 consecutive minutes on the 6 Amp Beast

Their were two variables that would have skewed the data.

1st
On the 3 amp 1/2 of the time I was vaping at 6.1 Watts and the other 1/2 at 12.5 Watts
On the 6 Amp the whole time I was vaping at 12.5 Watts
in addition 1/2 the time I was vaping at 1.45Amps and the other 1/2 at 2.9Amps

If I do the mathematics (12.5+6.1)/2 I was vaping at an average of 9.3 Watts on the 3Amp Model
(12.5-9.3)/9.3 = .35
if I take 21*1.35 = 28.35 Minutes
Hypothetically I should have had 28.35 Minutes
My result on the 3Amp was 25 minutes

So According to these calculations the 6V Beast May have been more efficient than the 3 Amp Version.

2nd On the 3 Amp test I ran the battery concurrently for 1 minute at at time. Because I was comparing to the Provari, when I tested the 6 Amp beast I stopped and started every 15 seconds. This would use more battery life.

Tonight I'll re-test the 3Amp unit using the Dual Coil at 15 second intervals and see what the results bring.

By the way the Trustfire Lasted 35 Minutes on the 3 Amp SmokBox.

One other thought.
Smoky is using a 2.9 Carto at 5Volts 8.6Watts and 1.75 Amps
I tested the beast on a dual coil 1.5 which was running 12.6 Watts and 2.9 Amps
I was using much more wattage and amperage so I predict that his unit will last at least 40+minutes of solid vaping on his Trustfure Flame.That should be plenty of time for this unit to last 24 hours.

I welcome the experts on the Forum to question my numbers and whether comparing Watts is an accurate measure of how much energy is being used.

Been looking at this Mod Box for a while now, and finally ordered one that I am really enjoying, so here is my Review of the VariCool Box Mod.

Last edited:

Cigarman

Registered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2011
St. Petersburg, FL
smoktek.com
Great Review, I really enjoyed it. Only one error and one possible error. The springs for the battery are long. An AW IMR fits perfectly, no need for magnets.

I don't believe that the 6 Amp shortens the battery life. I'll do a comparison of the two soon, Unfortunately when I did my review for the 3 Amp I switched between a Dual Coil Carto 1.5 and a 3.0 Ohm Single Coil...

I think Smokie may have tried flat top IMR's which won't work in the Smokbox because of the way the contacts are set in the plastic case. I do know the new EFest IMR 14500 button top (that I just added to the site), work great. I'll update the pic on those tomorrow.

The two regulators are functionally the same so I don't believe the 6 amp version shortens battery life either, but I look forward to further testing to prove/disprove this theory.

Thanks Tom for your in depth review and thank you Smokie for an excellent video review on the VariCool.
-Rob

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
IMR 14500 button top 700mAh batteries are on the site now!
They are 50.5mm long, fit perfect and perform very well in all Smokbox APV's.

Efest IMR14500 700mAh 3.7V Rechargeable LiMn button top battery (2 pack)

I'll update the site to make these available as a "Make it a Kit" option soon.

-Rob
Efest IMR 700 Verse AW IMR 600

Sneak Preview:
Rob thank you for sending me the two of the E-Fest Batteries to test.

I agree with your statement "They are 50.5mm long, fit perfect and perform very well in all Smokbox APV's."
So Far:

Performance:
In regular vaping the E-Fest performed Fine. Later on I'll be torturing the E-Fest.

Longetivity:
Equipment: Dual Coil 1.5Ohm Cartomizer at 4.30V vaping at 4.19 tested on the Smoktek Varicool Beast.
The batteries were run in 1 minute bursts. Don't worry I used a solution of VG and Water and didn't inhale! So I'm still alive!!!

Length of time:
Efest 700 Mah 18 Minutes

I am going to do a retest because the E-Fest had only been in use 3 days and never completely drained. Until a L-Ion Battery has been drained and recharged a few times it may not reach it's full potential.

What does the time mean for other combination of Clearomizers/Atomizers
Below is an estimation based on the difference in Watts

A Dual Coil 1.5 Ohm Cartomizer running at 4.2V
11.8 Watts
2.8 Amps
18 Minutes

The Old fashioned Sweetspot was 3.0 Ohm running at 5V
8.3 Watts
1.6amps
You could expect around 26 Minutes
(11.8-8.3)/8.3)= .42 18*1.42= 26 Minutes
I used this formula to compute the others. It is a guestimation and if any of the Gurus on the forum would like to correct my numbers they can feel free to.

The new sweet spot which is a 1.8Ohm at 3.7V
7.6 Watts
2.0 Amps
around 30 Minutes

Last edited:

smokie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2009
Brooklyn, New York
www.youtube.com
Great conversation and reviews on the Evercool VV here, it has convinced me to get one. I need a good VV for out and about, working outside, ect, ect. :vapor:
You can not go wrong with this Mod box vapes great, and the best battery's I found to use with mine are the AW 750 mah black protected ones they last most of the day for me.

Last edited:

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
You can go wrong with this Mod box vapes great, and the best battery's I found to use with mine are the AW 750 mah black protected ones they last most of the day for me.

The black AW's would be good, I have plenty of those. This will be used mostly with a 3Ω carto and @ 5v, but ocassionaly with 2 - 2.5 Ω cartos.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
I just got the shock of my life. I just got in the ECD Meter Tester from Stoney in Australia and did a video review of the ECD Tester with a Provari than as an afterthought I tested the Beast and my jaw dropped.
Correction: At the end of the Video I should have said .08V instead of .5V Slide me a break, it was 9:00 at night and I rattled it off quickly, kept saying 6V beast instead of 6 amp beast. I'll try not to be so sloppy in future reviews

Last edited:

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Got my Evercool yesterday and I'm really liking it. Perfect for taking outside and working around the house + running errands and shopping. Easily drops into the shirt pocket as it's pretty light. I think this box is worth every penny paid. My only concern is that the AW protected batts are a really snug fit lengthwise, but does work ok. Will have to replace with IMR's as needed.

smokie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2009
Brooklyn, New York
www.youtube.com
Got my Evercool yesterday and I'm really liking it. Perfect for taking outside and working around the house + running errands and shopping. Easily drops into the shirt pocket as it's pretty light. I think this box is worth every penny paid. My only concern is that the AW protected batts are a really snug fit lengthwise, but does work ok. Will have to replace with IMR's as needed.

I found that the AW 750 mah protected black bats last a lot longer then the AW IMR ones, just received some TrustFire flame 900 mah bats to try, and will see how they compare.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
I found that the AW 750 mah protected black bats last a lot longer then the AW IMR ones, just received some TrustFire flame 900 mah bats to try, and will see how they compare.
Hi Smokie,
I can't wait to hear your answer.
When I did a test of the batteries.
The Red AW IMR came in at 25 minutes of Vaping and the Trustfire Flame came in at 35 Minutes
I trust Aw IMR so I figure that they are rated correctly at 600mah. This ment that the trustfire is 10/25=.4 Greater
So (600mah *1.4)=840mah.
Based on my calculations the Trustfire Flame was a real 840mah and should outperform the AW Protected 750 by 10%

But in the real world there are many variables that could allow the AW 750 to outperform the Trustfire 900 (840Mah)

Below is my test
Trustfire Flame 14500 Vs AW IMR 14500 on the Smoktek Varicool VV Mod

The Equipment:
E-Cig - Smoktek Smokbox Varicool VV- Vendor Smoktek (Don't confuse with Smoketech)
Voltage Tester- Digital Voltage Tester sold by Smoktek
Cartomizers: One 510 Mega XL Dual Coil Clear Cartomizer Sold by Discount Vapers and One Generic 3 0hm Single Cartomizer (Old Laying around, can't remember the vendor)
Multimeter- Centech Digital Multimeter sold by Harbor Freight
Battery Charger- XTAR WP2 II LI-ION CHARGER Sold by SbFlashlights

The Batteries
14500 Trustfire Flame - Protected Li-Ion Battery -900mAh 50mm (2-pack) Sold by Smoktek $5.50 per battery or $11.00 a pair
AW IMR 14500 LiMN Rechargeable Lithium Battery 600mah - $7.50 per Battery or $15.00 per pair Sold by Lighthound (Known as a reliable source for AW Batteries)

The Test Method:
Batteries were Charged to capacity on the Xtar Charger. Voltage was set to 4.30 on the Smokbox Varicool Mod. This was verified by the Digital Led Testing adaptor from Smoktek. The Digital Led tester was attached to the varicool and the Cartomizers were attached to the Digital LED Tester. This was done to monitor voltage during testing and to protect unit from the sizzling hot cartomizers.
The Cartomizers were run for 1 minute and than alternated. The filler was kept constantly wet with DIY Organic 100% VG Juice. Toilet Paper was used to constantly blot the excess liquid sizzling out through the bottom of the Cartomizers. The Cartomizers were not inhaled during the process.
The test
Trustfire Flame 14500 both came off charger at 4.21Volts +- .01 Volt
AW IMR 14500 came off charger at 4.21Volts =- .01 Volt
Voltage was set to 4.30 on the Varicool.
Under Load on the 1.5 Dual Coil Cartomizer approximately 4.14V +-.01V
Under Load on the 3.0 Ohm Cartomizer 4.19+- .01Ohm

Note 4.3 Volts was chosen because the Varicool with the standard single coil tank or cartomizer runs it at .10 volt less which provides the 4.20 Sweet Spot that many Vapors prefer. It is a median sweet spot between the 3.7 and the 5.0 sweet spots. I would have liked to do the 5.0 but it's too hot to do a quick test and might have melted or fried the Cartomizers.
Vapeage
Trustfire 35 Minutes of Vape before Cutoff
AW IMR 25 Minutes of Vape before Cutoff

Note: I was monitoring the Voltage of the Cartomizers under load and their was no drop off of voltage. Both Trustfire and AW ran normally and than at the end cut out suddenly.

Voltage Testing at cutoff.
Trustfire Flame 14500
Battery 1- 3.18 Volts
Battery 2- 3.38 Volts

AW IMR 14500
Battery 1 - 3.06Volts
Battery 2 - 2.60 Volts

Conclusion About Performance of Batteries:
I paid much more for the AW IMR and was hoping that they were worth the price. I went into the test biased expecting that Trustfire was exaggerating their mah. They weren't, In the end the higher mah of the Trustfire Flame outperformed the AW IMR

Trust Fire was the clear winner. They cost around 25% less and provided 40% more battery life. In previous testing the Trustfire matched the AW IMR in all on a single coil clearomizer and up to extreme Vaping Levels on a Dual Coil 1.5OHm Cartridge.
According to the Lighthound sight the undervoltage level for the AW IMR is 2.5 Volts, the batteries were unable to function or the unit cut them off at 2.6. It's not clear why they cut off at a safe level because they don't have Protection. It is possible that once they didn't have enough left to provide correct Voltage that the Unit shut them down.

Conclusion about performance of Varicool:

AW IMR lasted 25 minutes which is = to 1500 seconds
Trustfire lasted 35 minutes which is = to 2100 seconds

If a person vaping is taking 10 second drags which is considered to be a long drag than they will have 150 drags with the AW and 210 Drags with the Trustfire. In my opinion it's best for batteries to be charged once a day (24 Hours) and the average person is awake 16 hours.
So with the Aw a person would have 9 drags per hour and with the Trustfire 13 Drags per hour. It appears that the Smoktek Varicool using Trustfire should last a heavy vaper for around 24 hours. It's very tough because everyone is different and follows a different pattern. I've found myself that I'm a very heavy vaper and at the end of 24 hours my Trustfires are testing in at 3.68 well above the cutoff point that I saw today. You can do the math and interpolate your vaping habits and Voltages.
For example if you are vaping at 5.0V than theoretically you would have 20% less vapes that is where the Trustfire would be the superior solution. and it goes the other way too if you are a 3.7v vapor, you'd get around 12% more vapes.

Disclaimer:
This test was done on a very specific E-Cigarette. It is quite possible that on a different e-cigarrete the results and performance would be different.

The test sampling is small. There is always the possibility that I received above average Trustfire and or below average AW. So this test is an indication only. I'm doing this testing as a Hobby/Project and can't devote the Resources to duplicating this test with a larger sampling.

The testing was done unbiased and impartially, you make your own conclusions.

smokie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2009
Brooklyn, New York
www.youtube.com
Hi Smokie,
I can't wait to hear your answer.
When I did a test of the batteries.
The Red AW IMR came in at 25 minutes of Vaping and the Trustfire Flame came in at 35 Minutes
I trust Aw IMR so I figure that they are rated correctly at 600mah. This ment that the trustfire is 10/25=.4 Greater
So (600mah *1.4)=840mah.
Based on my calculations the Trustfire Flame was a real 840mah and should outperform the AW Protected 750 by 10%

But in the real world there are many variables that could allow the AW 750 to outperform the Trustfire 900 (840Mah)

Below is my test
Trustfire Flame 14500 Vs AW IMR 14500 on the Smoktek Varicool VV Mod

The Equipment:
E-Cig - Smoktek Smokbox Varicool VV- Vendor Smoktek (Don't confuse with Smoketech)
Voltage Tester- Digital Voltage Tester sold by Smoktek
Cartomizers: One 510 Mega XL Dual Coil Clear Cartomizer Sold by Discount Vapers and One Generic 3 0hm Single Cartomizer (Old Laying around, can't remember the vendor)
Multimeter- Centech Digital Multimeter sold by Harbor Freight
Battery Charger- XTAR WP2 II LI-ION CHARGER Sold by SbFlashlights

The Batteries
14500 Trustfire Flame - Protected Li-Ion Battery -900mAh 50mm (2-pack) Sold by Smoktek $5.50 per battery or $11.00 a pair
AW IMR 14500 LiMN Rechargeable Lithium Battery 600mah - $7.50 per Battery or $15.00 per pair Sold by Lighthound (Known as a reliable source for AW Batteries)

The Test Method:
Batteries were Charged to capacity on the Xtar Charger. Voltage was set to 4.30 on the Smokbox Varicool Mod. This was verified by the Digital Led Testing adaptor from Smoktek. The Digital Led tester was attached to the varicool and the Cartomizers were attached to the Digital LED Tester. This was done to monitor voltage during testing and to protect unit from the sizzling hot cartomizers.
The Cartomizers were run for 1 minute and than alternated. The filler was kept constantly wet with DIY Organic 100% VG Juice. Toilet Paper was used to constantly blot the excess liquid sizzling out through the bottom of the Cartomizers. The Cartomizers were not inhaled during the process.
The test
Trustfire Flame 14500 both came off charger at 4.21Volts +- .01 Volt
AW IMR 14500 came off charger at 4.21Volts =- .01 Volt
Voltage was set to 4.30 on the Varicool.
Under Load on the 1.5 Dual Coil Cartomizer approximately 4.14V +-.01V
Under Load on the 3.0 Ohm Cartomizer 4.19+- .01Ohm

Note 4.3 Volts was chosen because the Varicool with the standard single coil tank or cartomizer runs it at .10 volt less which provides the 4.20 Sweet Spot that many Vapors prefer. It is a median sweet spot between the 3.7 and the 5.0 sweet spots. I would have liked to do the 5.0 but it's too hot to do a quick test and might have melted or fried the Cartomizers.
Vapeage
Trustfire 35 Minutes of Vape before Cutoff
AW IMR 25 Minutes of Vape before Cutoff

Note: I was monitoring the Voltage of the Cartomizers under load and their was no drop off of voltage. Both Trustfire and AW ran normally and than at the end cut out suddenly.

Voltage Testing at cutoff.
Trustfire Flame 14500
Battery 1- 3.18 Volts
Battery 2- 3.38 Volts

AW IMR 14500
Battery 1 - 3.06Volts
Battery 2 - 2.60 Volts

Conclusion About Performance of Batteries:
I paid much more for the AW IMR and was hoping that they were worth the price. I went into the test biased expecting that Trustfire was exaggerating their mah. They weren't, In the end the higher mah of the Trustfire Flame outperformed the AW IMR

Trust Fire was the clear winner. They cost around 25% less and provided 40% more battery life. In previous testing the Trustfire matched the AW IMR in all on a single coil clearomizer and up to extreme Vaping Levels on a Dual Coil 1.5OHm Cartridge.
According to the Lighthound sight the undervoltage level for the AW IMR is 2.5 Volts, the batteries were unable to function or the unit cut them off at 2.6. It's not clear why they cut off at a safe level because they don't have Protection. It is possible that once they didn't have enough left to provide correct Voltage that the Unit shut them down.

Conclusion about performance of Varicool:

AW IMR lasted 25 minutes which is = to 1500 seconds
Trustfire lasted 35 minutes which is = to 2100 seconds

If a person vaping is taking 10 second drags which is considered to be a long drag than they will have 150 drags with the AW and 210 Drags with the Trustfire. In my opinion it's best for batteries to be charged once a day (24 Hours) and the average person is awake 16 hours.
So with the Aw a person would have 9 drags per hour and with the Trustfire 13 Drags per hour. It appears that the Smoktek Varicool using Trustfire should last a heavy vaper for around 24 hours. It's very tough because everyone is different and follows a different pattern. I've found myself that I'm a very heavy vaper and at the end of 24 hours my Trustfires are testing in at 3.68 well above the cutoff point that I saw today. You can do the math and interpolate your vaping habits and Voltages.
For example if you are vaping at 5.0V than theoretically you would have 20% less vapes that is where the Trustfire would be the superior solution. and it goes the other way too if you are a 3.7v vapor, you'd get around 12% more vapes.

Disclaimer:
This test was done on a very specific E-Cigarette. It is quite possible that on a different e-cigarrete the results and performance would be different.

The test sampling is small. There is always the possibility that I received above average Trustfire and or below average AW. So this test is an indication only. I'm doing this testing as a Hobby/Project and can't devote the Resources to duplicating this test with a larger sampling.

The testing was done unbiased and impartially, you make your own conclusions.

I have now have tested all 3 types of 14500 battery's in the VariCool Mod for me using my daily habits of vaping with a 2.2 carto using 4.25 volts all day, and the Winner is the TrustFire Flames 900 mah which lasted me 12 Hours plus, AW black 750 mah 6 hours, and the AW IMR 600 mah 4 hours. This will vary with every user to some degree since there are a lot of variables like the atty ohms, volts used, and frequency of use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread