Not open for further replies.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
not necessarily. you have to keep amps in mind. im not saying this device couldnt, i dont even know the amp limit. but the max wattage doesnt say anything about the resistance you could go down to.

and what is it with people wanting to sub ohm with regulated devices??? im making a thread about that asap

the device spec says .3 ohm is the lowest, but I've seen i.e. the Hexohm OKR T10amp go down lower than their spec (.5 ohms) and higher than 50w

why do folks like regulated? and with a high watt device and good batts, they are doing sub ohms; whats not to like?

BigDaddyQ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Greenville, SC
It fires down to .3 Really if it is 180 watts shouldn't it fire down lower than .1

Someone may have already answered this for you, but when you have a regulated mod like this one capable of pushing out high voltage, you actually have no reason whatsoever to subohm on it. You want to build a higher resistance, on this kind of mod, it'd be somewhere around 1.8 or higher, to take full advantage of it's ability.

AaronY

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Santa Monica
why do folks like regulated? and with a high watt device and good batts, they are doing sub ohms; whats not to like?

I vape around .4 to .2 ohm coils. The problem is that I use a mechanical mod and switching atties or rewrapping when I want the vape at a different wattage. That is why I am excited about regulated mods catching up to the wattage that I vape at.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
I vape around .4 to .2 ohm coils. The problem is that I use a mechanical mod and switching atties or rewrapping when I want the vape at a different wattage. That is why I am excited about regulated mods catching up to the wattage that I vape at.

exactly... there are so many sub ohm vapers today, and with a single 18650 batt on a mech tube, you run the batt down in an hour or two at .3 ohms.

I don't even go that low usually - my preferred tank rda's are single coil and occasionally duals so at about .35 to .9 ohms- mostly in the .5 to .7 range.
I'm hardly going over 35 - 40w, but you can't get that with a DNA30, and a single batt still won't cut it for me.

that said, there are some dangers inherent in these high watt boxes and buyer beware.
If I were a .2 ohms vaper I'd be definitely looking for a high watt box but I'd be sure that it was capable of handling it safely.

bakerb87

Sep 8, 2013
United States
Someone may have already answered this for you, but when you have a regulated mod like this one capable of pushing out high voltage, you actually have no reason whatsoever to subohm on it. You want to build a higher resistance, on this kind of mod, it'd be somewhere around 1.8 or higher, to take full advantage of it's ability.

This is true for DNA 30 mods, maybe even 50 watt mods. But with a 180 watt box mod there is definitely people who will buy it wanting to run something like a .1 ohm coil. The vape from a .1 ohm coil at 4.2 volts is different than a .3 ohm build at 5.5 volts or a 1.7 ohm coil at 8 volts. Larger gauge kanthal vapes differently than thinner gauge. We are now getting to an age when sub ohm regulated vaping is a realistic possibility. It is like using a mech with a little more power and the advantage to a regulated mod with three batteries is you can vape a .1 ohm coil with consistent power to your coil for a longer period of time. A sub ohmers dream is what is is

Last edited:

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
This and the IPV3 are great devices for all across the board.... you can get whatever performance you want with a mod that bucks the voltage down to 1 Volt.... All the babies crying that the DNA doesn't go low enough for them, can't cry anymore.

If people only see this as a cloud chasers mod...they're idiots. Put a 10 ohm coil on it...use your 100% PG 36mg liquid...and buy one...edit-IMNSHO...HA!

Another point about mechs vs regulated.. I sold my friend his first kit..my old magneto, some kayfuns, drippers, and basics... He's been having issues lately with it, that I can't even figure out(it's that po6 damn negative spring). He's been buying cigarettes since having issues with it. Before he went mechanical, I recommended that he bought a MVP..went almost a year without buying cigarettes...been seeing him smoking more than I have seen him vaping. I offered him another mod, for cheap-cheap-cheap, and he passed up on it...cuz he's noticed I never have a mechanical with me anymore. Once I can get an adapter for my Gus Estia.... I may put all my nice gear up on a display, and give away all the clones-except the infinite turtle ship...for some reason, I can't let go of it.. feels like a toy(like the authentic), but for some reason I love the mod.

Obviously not a big deal to folks that vape deep sub ohms... that's who their target market is.

3x18650 batts is not overkill. I vape 30 to 35w all day and change out double 18650's (in 2 Raptor 120w chip boxes), every day (3.4v). With this, I could probably go 2 days.

"Cloud chasers" do 40 to 80w all the time, and not just for the clouds; they just like the vape better (and they don't vape Kayfuns). 3 x 18650's ought to be right up their alley.

Comparing it to a car, I know nothing, but why not have overhead room for watts?
I have a Ranger on order, and for me the 50w OKR 10amp chip will do me fine with my Prometey and Achilles set around .6 to .8 ohms single coil.
At least its not stuck down at 30w; that's limiting imo and most 18650 mods just don't last long enough if you are vaping .6 ohms or below.

IMO most dual coil atomizer vapers today are doing much higher than 30w.

I like this twice.

how many batteries does thi hold?
3- series.

There really aren't very many 200w mods yet especially at the price. Give it 6 months sure there will be way more affordable choices for 200w
I think that was a joke.

Last edited:

AaronY

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Santa Monica
So, what size is the metal circle/deck the atty sits on? Gotta be like 22mm or 23mm I'm guessing. Does anyone know if it has a spring loaded 510 pin? Or some other forum of adjustable pin so all my attys can sit flush.

:: sent from android with tapatalk ::

Don't know but looking into it. I have the same questions :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread