Snails - Response on Threads Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
If you really want to change over to FB, I can just close this.

Atty - any way to poof that powder into where they are ?

Heya jj !!! Long time !

Well, the insecticide comes in a "poofer". The DE...they have to keep trudging through it and get a lot on them..works well for worms and insects on the ground...Their shells or segments get full of it then they die. But IDK how it works for a hanging nest and how much gets back to the hive to kill the hive and queen. If you kill 75% of a hornet's nest, you don't kill the nest and they just "come back".

I got some insecticide so it will poison the nest. Like I said, don't like it with all these honey-bee problems these days. But I hope the bees will not go inside the heater. The wall one...will be plugged up after the nest dies. Best I can do.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
http://insects.about.com/od/insectssociety/a/Control-Paper-Wasps.htm
the safest method of eradicating paper wasps in a problem area is, indeed, with a commercial wasp spray. Look for a product labeled for use on wasps and hornets, and remember, the label is the law. You must read the label and follow all directions for using any pesticide product. Wasp sprays usually come with a propellant that allows you to spray the pesticide from a safe distance. Coat the nest in the pesticide, making sure to cover all the cells of the paper wasp nest. Never stand below the wasp nest while applying the pesticide. Wasps may drop from the nest, and you also risk getting the chemical in your eyes or on your skin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfvjTEfqRk8

Published on Apr 27, 2013

Wasps can be nasty little creatures to have around the homestead, but how do you get rid of them without using toxic chemicals? Using a mixture if water, dishwasher soap, and peppermint oil you can control existing nests and discourage future colonies.

How to get rid of wasps naturally
http://www.mnn.com/your-home/at-home/blogs/how-to-get-rid-of-wasps-naturally

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
Hiya, Gracie, Tib, Fran, Atty, CES, JJRose and of course, the newest Admin Classy.

Welcome to the Snails, Valooper !!!!!

lol, jerry - classy is classy and has always been ...........

when it comes to snails she's one of us - just ask atty! ;)

Last edited:

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
wolfie posted a pic of the grounds on fb recently - amazing what has been accomplished in 2 yrs. i so remember the video posted before they made an offer on the property! bless jj, she must have worked her .... off! :thumbs:

Well T needs to be sharing those pics here where they belong :glare:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread