ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA

SilverBear

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 30, 2009
    Just noticed on T'mato's "report card" the vet rated him 6/9 on the "body condition" scale.
    I think she was being polite. He's at least a 7... if not an 8.

Lost 0.5 pounds since last year. Every ounce just makes it easier on him.

Otherwise everything is "very good"... assuming bloodwork comes back as normal.

Pet-Chart.jpg

CES

optimistic cynic
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2010
    Birmingham, Al
    so, when i had to euthanize fish at work, i used a fish anesthetic in water (MS222, aka Tricaine, which is similar to lidocaine) and then cut off their heads. When i had fish at home, I watched and added OTC fish meds, and hoped... I never actively euthanized the fish in the home aquarium

After fishing and before cleaning fish for eating, i have beheaded them. It's icky when they're not anesthetized. Better than letting them suffocate, but still icky. (but you can't use anesthetic if you're planning to eat them and it's not something i had at home anyway)

Glad T'mato (and you and the vet) made it safely through the annual checkup.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 8, 2010
    Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
    so, when i had to euthanize fish at work, i used a fish anesthetic in water (MS222, aka Tricaine, which is similar to lidocaine) and then cut off their heads. When i had fish at home, I watched and added OTC fish meds, and hoped... I never actively euthanized the fish in the home aquarium

After fishing and before cleaning fish for eating, i have beheaded them. It's icky when they're not anesthetized. Better than letting them suffocate, but still icky. (but you can't use anesthetic if you're planning to eat them and it's not something i had at home anyway)

Glad T'mato (and you and the vet) made it safely through the annual checkup.
    ^^^^ See Bear? AttyPops for the win! :D Although I bet beheading hurts more than the suffocation, it is faster, but IDK. Fish were dead by the time I cleaned them. Cleaning involved beheading as first step though.

Go ahead Bear, act all "Atty was 'poking' me about the fish thing". Go ahead. I'll wait...

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    lol! lots of activity ;)

glad t'mato survived the vet and vice versa!
    poor mad! you sure it isn't chiggers? :D

yes, i watched bear - but that goldfish was about 8'' and while i think beheading is the fastest way i just wasn't able to do it. :(

hiya, gracie! glad you got a good report together with t'mato!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread