Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida
Good morning Tibs, Dale and Frannie :)

Humidity 99% and storms supposed to be coming. :cry:
Am going with my friend to her oncology appointment. Her Hodgkin's is back and they've just about run out of options. She doesn't qualify for most clinical trials because she has to be on steroids because the LAST drug killed her adrenal glands :(. She doesn't look ill and has a wonderful attitude, but I know she's scared. 45, single mom. Keep her in your thoughts, if you will :wub:
Most certainly will keep her in my good thoughts and prayers. You're a good friend to her as well as she is to you,

Hubs is on his way to see cancer dr. Not sure if any chemo is following. Will keep track of hosp website on that. Stupid phone isn't working.
Bummer that your phone is not working! Good thoughts for your hubs!

Katmar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa
So glad I went with my friend. We actually had a nice time. They are trying an immunotherapy drug again that worked before, but had to be discontinued because the other onco FORGOT to check her bloodwork and it ruined her thyroid and sent her into permanent adrenal failure. This onco is right on top of things (he's my doc, too, young, up to date on all the latest treatments, and a sweetie on top of that), so she will be closely monitored. So, there is still hope and more and more therapies are coming out quickly, so they are almost treating it like a chronic illness. At least that's what they hope they will be doing.
Then we went to lunch and had a great visit. :)

Good evening and goodnight Snails. Sleep well, sweet dreams and a better tomorrow for all. I get the feeling I won't get much reading done tonight.:w00t:

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    good job, dale ;)
    Haha thanks ;)

So glad I went with my friend. We actually had a nice time. They are trying an immunotherapy drug again that worked before, but had to be discontinued because the other onco FORGOT to check her bloodwork and it ruined her thyroid and sent her into permanent adrenal failure. This onco is right on top of things (he's my doc, too, young, up to date on all the latest treatments, and a sweetie on top of that), so she will be closely monitored. So, there is still hope and more and more therapies are coming out quickly, so they are almost treating it like a chronic illness. At least that's what they hope they will be doing.
    Then we went to lunch and had a great visit. :)

Good evening and goodnight Snails. Sleep well, sweet dreams and a better tomorrow for all. I get the feeling I won't get much reading done tonight.:w00t:
    Glad there’s something to try :thumb:

Nite Kat :)

Users who are viewing this thread