Status
Not open for further replies.

mindriot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Dundee, Scotland
Authentic Snapdragon v1.5 on the way :danger:

Have a v1 clone (the better clone apparently) that I bought a year back. It's a good vape but the top cap is loose, the ohms have a habit of jumping around (510 screw often needs adjusting to suit the mod) and the screws are a bit difficult to tighten and untighten. Other than that it's been kind and enjoyable. Oh and I never was able to get the posts unscrewed to replace with the top wire slot posts that came with it.

What improvements can I expect?
You can expect the top cap to fit perfectly with exceptional machine tolerances. On the other hand I do find occasionally I do have issues with the pin needing adjusting on some mods when using TC. Other than that I'm not sure as I don't have the clone. It is all round still my every day favourite.

morningdew

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2013
People's Republic of Stroud
You can expect the top cap to fit perfectly with exceptional machine tolerances. On the other hand I do find occasionally I do have issues with the pin needing adjusting on some mods when using TC. Other than that I'm not sure as I don't have the clone. It is all round still my every day favourite.

Well it arrived.

Top cap perfect fit / slight tug on removing and fitting - as it ought to be. Note - I found some spare o-rings that have tightened up the clone fit nicely.

Centre pin much better than the clone. More secure and easily adjustable. The clones pin screw and O-ring just seem flakey.

Airflow holes aligned exactly. Unlike the clone, where the airflow holes are off centre noticeably I.e. Not centred with the airflow hole under the coil.

Positive and negative posts - the screw and clamp space are much improved over the clone. I use single coils and clamping the coil legs was a breeze. Note - managed to fit the top loading posts to the clone which improves things substantially.

Vape - mmmm close. The genuine just edges it. Surprising but once the negatives are worked around the clone gives an almost identical vape.

A really nice RDA, built to last. Pleasure to have the real thing and the posts, top cap fit, useable airflow control with correct alignment of holes, and centre pin stability make it much easier to use.

Love the space to build.

Have found if I lift the coil too much I get a hot spitty vape - gotta leave some space between the coil and top of the cap. I am thinking this also ensures there is adequate cooling air on the coil.

Am running at approx. 0.65 ohm. Using 24 gauge kanthal, slightly spaced, 3mm Id, never count the wraps but reckon on 5!

Does anyone have any opinion on opening up airflow on both sides when using a single coil, is it a no no or does it just double up the airflow?. Set it accidentally like this and found it a reasonable vape....

Seriously tempted to try sqounking with this some time in the future.

How does it compare to other rda's I've used?

Well they are few but it hands down beats the freak show mini. As it should. The freakshow has a small build deck, tends to leak and needs consistently topping up. I gave up on it.

Actually forgot to mention, however hard I try, I just can't get the snapdragon to leak.

Against the kfl plus with dripper mod it just loses on flavour, yet wins easily on deck space, ease of build and lack of leak'ability. The kfl plus mod is very prone to dripping and retains those tiny screw heeds to get the wire underneath.

Am sure with tweaking it can match the kfl plus mod for flavour.

And wicking is a doddle, with a single coil build I can either cut the cotton short and drop into the coils juice well or cut it long and run it into the opposite juice well. Both ways appear to work every time.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
For the record: Have the 22mm SS FastTech clone. Everything is near perfect. Not sure that it measures up to the flavor of a Magma or Origen. I would say one notch down (7/10 vs 8/10) in flavor from these two RDA's at single coil, Kanthal A1, 7w. 2ohm..
I imagine at higher watts and lower ohms, flavor would be a wash and be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread