Snow is a four letter word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
LUCKY!!! I wish I lived in the snow. Los Angeles definitely takes its toll. Heat of 90/100+ degrees at least 8-9 months out of the year in the valley can be brutal.

Traffic, weather, and the people = 3 reasons not to live in Los Angeles ... *nough said* ... Although, people here love it, I seem to be one of the rare people that don't.

edisme518123

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2008
Daytona Beach, Florida (USA)
The only people that live in my area of Florida and complain about the weather are the ones that have lived here for a while. Around here it's generally 90-100 in the summer, 60-90 in the spring and fall, and 30-60 in the winter.

It seems everyone here either complains of it being too hot or too cold... no one's ever satisfied or enjoying the weather. I personally love it... especially in the fall when the air is particularly dry and about 60-65 degrees. That's my favorite weather.

During the winter we get tons of people coming in from up north and they think it's warm. It's not odd to see hundreds of pale white tourists at the beach and in the water in the middle of winter. Well... on that note... since Bush's second term all tourism here has been greatly dwindling... We only had a handful of bikers here for Octoberfest... compared to four years ago when it was generally impossible to drive anywhere due to traffic... and all of the hotels were full. Oh well... maybe it'll perk up next year.

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
Posting about the weather on a UK forum, now there's a thread that could go on for some time! :lol:
The winters definitely seem to have been getting milder here the last few years - not sure if its global warming, or just the earths natural cycles... it's probably just packed up and moved over to Iowa for a few decades! ;)

PeteMcArthur

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2008
Scotland
Not only a UK forum, but since you mention the weather...

It's raining here.
It has been raining for a year..
We don't have weather anymore, only rain.

Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain,
Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain,

32degF /-1C here today :(
S**w on the East side of town.
Glad i am on the west side, they got about 9.5in/24cm.
I dont mind Snow, but Hate the Cold, and of course the Ice.

We get what they call "Lake Effect" snow. Untill the lake mostly freezes over, the warm water feeds the storms, and instead of a pretty dusting, we get buried under a white mountain of the crap.

Florida would be nice, except the summers where the humidity is so thick, you could drink the air with a straw, at about 200%. :D
That gets bad here too, with the Big Puddle here in Cleveland, but i think its worse down there.
This is why the South West is getting so crowded, its the "Dry Heat" :p

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Let me add a good word about humidity. Cause I love it.

What do you put on your skin to keep it nice and wrinkle-free? A moisturizer, naturally. Skin that absorbs moisture wrinkles far slower than skin exposed to dry, brittle air. You want a facial? Stick your head into the steam device! Study native Floridians faces (I'm a native) and you won't find prune-faced people. Those moved here from up North, where cold, dry air took a toll.

And in the for-what-it's-worth department, when L. Ron Hubbard was dreaming up Scientology, he made sweating a routine necessity. Sweating removes poisons from the body. While I'm no Scientologist, I'll give him that. He got it right.

You need to sweat. You need a moist climate. Move your grape face to Arizona and die as a prune in a few years.

Dry air makes my skin crawl, even to think of it.:rolleyes:

dablackanarch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2008
Seattle, USA
Not only a UK forum, but since you mention the weather...

It's raining here.
It has been raining for a year..
We don't have weather anymore, only rain.

I live in Seattle...you get no sympathy from me!

I grew up in North Georgia where like in Florida you can drink the air during the summer. The winter is a damp miserable cold, not much snow to speak of, we had a "blizzard" in the mid '90s, a whole 8 inches:?:. In '03 we moved to Wyoming in Dec. where I was greated with 12 inches of snow my first night and 22 inches the next day8-o. I have lived in Colorado for the last 5 years and loved it. Yes it was cold but not the bone aching cold of GA. We just moved back to GA currntly 59d and falling, I miss CO already.

Got this Off the net.

Cleveland - 155 Days of Precipitation a Year
Seattle - 151 Days of Precipitation a Year

That's right--Cleveland actually gets 4 more days a year of falling stuff from the sky than Seattle, the "Rain City". Well--what about inches of rain? I'm sure it rains more in Seattle, right?

Cleveland - 38.71 Inches of Precipitation a Year
Seattle - 38.25 Inches of Precipitation a Year

Almost the exact same days of precipitation a year, and the same inches per year.

Cleveland, although colder, gets more sunshine in January and February

Cleveland - 49% of Days a Year Are "Sunny" Seattle - 43% of Days a Year Are "Sunny"

Mean Number of Days with Precipitation .01 inch or More

I can add the "I know what you mean" about the Wet as well :)

LakotaRose

Nov 1, 2008
IN USA
Well, I'll be dipped in do da!

Municipal street departments in Indiana are funded by state gasoline and cigarette taxes. We Hoosiers have been driving less and smoking fewer cigarettes. The end result is that my town no longer has money to pay overtime for the department to salt and plow streets. These operations will now only take place during business hours, Monday through Friday.

This could be a nightmare for early commuters sliding to work while the snow plow drivers are still at home, snug in their beds.

Town officials have come up with a plan: pray it doesn't snow.
:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread