• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Snuff/Snus Exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
Looking for:

Any "tobacco Free" snuffs
Bernards
Poschl
Dholakia
Rockit
Lotzbeck
Wilsons

Putting up:

Dholakia Swiss Choclate(10g un-opened)
Toque Cherry(Few pinches missing)
Poschl Ozona Cherry(5g un-opened)
Poschl Perlesreuter Schmalzler(Big bag....will barter)
Molens(deKralingue)Macuba(12.5g maybe 1g missing)

All offers considered....Please PM!

:)Wiz!

TWISTED VICTOR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
The edge of Mayhem
Looking for:

Any "tobacco Free" snuffs
Bernards
Poschl
Dholakia
Rockit
Lotzbeck
Wilsons

Putting up:

What's up Wiz? That work thing looking problematic? :(

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
What's up Wiz? That work thing looking problematic? :(
TV(and everyone else!)....The insurance company I have through work(MetLife)is putting the hammer down on smokers and users of smokeless tobacco products. Rates are supposed to increase for those who have not quit using said products by June 30th.After six months if said user is still using they will be subject to these increased rates. Not only do I feel "Criminal" here...I can't seem to get any answers as to how much these rates will increase...OR...If e-cigs will be considered a tobacco product. One would think that if we post a bulletin like that at work...someone would have some info...Not the case. I am playing the waiting game here.

I'm not going to give up vaping...although the possibility of going to 0nic has crossed my mind(hence the request for non-tobacco snuffs as well).If e-cigs are considered OK(even knowing they deliver nicotine)I may just decide to play ignorant(like that would be hard for me!),and continue using snuff....after all we all know snuff is considered(for the most part)Harmless and delivers nicotine as well.

I really glad I gave up my snus use now.....as I really don't know how the events of the next several months will pan out for me!.....Hell I may just decide to pay the extra costs and continue with buisness as usual. I am the only member of my family that these increases would effect!

Post thoughts here please....I is scared!!!
:(The Wiz!

TWISTED VICTOR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
The edge of Mayhem
Dang Wiz. I'd be swearing right now if I could :-x. "Criminalizing is exactly what it is :mad:. By and large, if an employer or insurance company want to know if you're using tobacco they test for cotinine. That's a metabolite of nicotine. They can do blood tests or urine tests for it, both detect it very well. The source doesn't matter if it's snus, snuff, chew, smokes, PV or the patch since nicotine is the cause. They look for certain levels, since nicotine also exists in some foods naturally. Maybe tell 'em you're on the patch??? Seems it's ok to use nic as long as it's coming from Big Pharma :mad:. Anyway, they can easily determine if you're using nic of any kind. DVap has a blog that might give you an idea of how to test yourself http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/dvap/554-cotinine-testing.html. Nanny states aren't supposed to be constitutional....at least according to the constitution :mad:. I guess it's cold turkey or pay the $$$ :mad:. It's not right. How do you kill a monster???? I can't get with there program and I refuse to try. I'll be a criminal with you, bud.

firechick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2009
Upstate New York
Dang, Wiz. I'm very sorry to hear that you are having such issues.:(

I have a few cans of tobacco free "snus" in the form of mint pouches, but no tobacco free snuff. My employer is trying to push me out after an injury. They are attempting to save $$$ and cut their losses, same as yours I suspect.

Since insurance brokers are private companies, they can discriminate all they want. The nanny state will not only support them, but encourage them. After all, it's for the children (and the lobbying $$$, and the tax $$$, and....oh crap, it's too early to get this worked up:mad:)

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
Looking for:

Any "Tobacco Free" snuffs
Bernards
Poschl
Dholakia
Rockit
Lotzbeck
Wilsons

Putting up:

TV(and everyone else!)....The insurance company I have through work(MetLife)is putting the hammer down on smokers and users of smokeless tobacco products. Rates are supposed to increase for those who have not quit using said products by June 30th.After six months if said user is still using they will be subject to these increased rates. Not only do I feel "Criminal" here...I can't seem to get any answers as to how much these rates will increase...OR...If e-cigs will be considered a tobacco product. One would think that if we post a bulletin like that at work...someone would have some info...Not the case. I am playing the waiting game here.

I'm not going to give up vaping...although the possibility of going to 0nic has crossed my mind(hence the request for non-tobacco snuffs as well)....
:(The Wiz!

This is the kinda thing that makes profanity entirely appropriate. I read your post and hear a resounding "Phuque Me!" run through my head. No, not through my head I actually said that outloud!

Have you had any takers for trades Wiz? With respect to tobacco free product that is.

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
This is the kinda thing that makes profanity entirely appropriate. I read your post and hear a resounding "Phuque Me!" run through my head. No, not through my head I actually said that outloud!

Have you had any takers for trades Wiz? With respect to tobacco free product that is.
OTD....I did order a couple of Bernards tobacco free snuffs yesterday....Figured they might be the standouts from the rest of the bunch. Guess I would be using it for a placebo effect. Like I mentioned....I will not give up my vaping...for me this is nothing more than a NRT product that I have been using for the past year to quit smoking!(Or at least thats the story they're going to get from me at work!)

:)The Wiz!

TWISTED VICTOR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
The edge of Mayhem
OTD....I did order a couple of Bernards tobacco free snuffs yesterday....Figured they might be the standouts from the rest of the bunch. Guess I would be using it for a placebo effect. Like I mentioned....I will not give up my vaping...for me this is nothing more than a NRT product that I have been using for the past year to quit smoking!(Or at least thats the story they're going to get from me at work!)

That's the story I'd tell 'em too. If they say "too bad, get your wallet out" I'd spread a line of snuff as long as my arm and not leave the office till I had it all tooted up. And you guys know this will get much worse when the healthcare crap takes hold. Thanks Osama! Might have to do it a brick at a time, but I'm sure you'll succeed in dismantling what's left of the constitution before you get booted out :-x!!

dgriego

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2009
New Mexico
Apologies everyone, I subscribed to the entire forum here thinking I would be able to see any post within this forum that was updated. Alas that does not work, I started wondering if perhaps the Emerald City had come to some misfortune.
I have now subscribed to the threads within this forum so now I should be able to see what is going on in here and participate.

Brewster aplogies but I stuck that tin of Three Thistles in a snuff exchange box that is going around the US and then off to Iraq I guess.

Maybe one of those might be fun although I have not the time to organize one.

Anyway apologies to all for ignoring you for so long, was not intentional.

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
Apologies everyone, I subscribed to the entire forum here thinking I would be able to see any post within this forum that was updated. Alas that does not work, I started wondering if perhaps the Emerald City had come to some misfortune.
I have now subscribed to the threads within this forum so now I should be able to see what is going on in here and participate.

Brewster aplogies but I stuck that tin of Three Thistles in a snuff exchange box that is going around the US and then off to Iraq I guess.

Maybe one of those might be fun although I have not the time to organize one.

Anyway apologies to all for ignoring you for so long, was not intentional.
THATS OK DG......WE STILL LOVE YOU!!!!:D:D:D!!!!

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
hittman, I had the same experience with the Toque Espresso. I put it away for several weeks. During that time I was of course using a variety of other snuff. Took it back out for another try and while mild, it does have a rather pleasant coffee aroma.

Snuff seems very similar to snus in that regard. I'm thinking that perhaps our sense of smell can be refined through use?

just talking....

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
I think that my nose doesn't work very well. I got a 10g tin of toque expresso and I can't pick up any scent or flavor from it. Anyone interested? I have taken probably about 8-10 small pinches out of it.
Toques are funny snuffs hittman! I have a few that are so short lasting that they could just as well be flavorless. I would stick with the Wow Coffee Bite if you desire a coffee flavor!

:)Wiz

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Thanks OTD. I will put it to the side to try again later. Since I am new at snuffing, I only have a few right now so I am disappointed that I did not like this one at first. I think I will put in an order with Tom to get some more to try. I plan on getting some choco orange and ozona raspberry. Any other that are a must have?

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Toques are funny snuffs hittman! I have a few that are so short lasting that they could just as well be flavorless. I would stick with the Wow Coffee Bite if you desire a coffee flavor!

:)Wiz

Thanks Wiz. I just wrote that one down to add.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 28, 2009
    Willamette Valley, PNW
    Thanks OTD. I will put it to the side to try again later. Since I am new at snuffing, I only have a few right now so I am disappointed that I did not like this one at first. I think I will put in an order with Tom to get some more to try. I plan on getting some choco orange and ozona raspberry. Any other that are a must have?

hehe
    I gave this list to Yep yesterday... "must haves" for me lately

WoS
    Grand Cairo
    Irish D High Toast #20
    Gold Label

Toque
    Spanish Gem
    St. Clements

Samuel Gawith
    SP Scotch

Status