snus for a beginner

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreakyStylie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
The Internet
Yeah Freaky, thank your government for making it harder to find safer and obtain safer alternatives to smoking. When I found snus, Northern had these ten can assortments. They had basically their top sellers in the box. It was a great intro to snussing. Now they're only offered outside the US.

I swear, my mission is soon developing into opening a "Smoking Alternatives" shop here. I would love to help people around here find something better than cigarettes and chew, plus open a few eyes along the way.

I understand protecting children, but on a worldwide government blanketing scale? :facepalm:

Guttermouth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2010
Tn
www.guttermouthelectronics.com
Hang in there Lynlee. I've been smoke free over a year and some days still suck. I just keep snus under my lip constantly at that time and it eventually passes.

+1
keeping the extra strong stuff around for those days is a must.congrats on day 6 lynlee!!!

King_Calculon

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
Guys, I don't know why it isn't a sticky somewhere that DAY SIX SMOKE FREE SUCKS~!!!!!! but.....still smoke free :)

Keep at it! It will get easier every day. Don't forget to spoil yourself with tasty e-liquids. It maybe hard now, but quitting will pay off big time if you stay strong. We all have your back!

lynleestar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2010
NW Indiana
Boy have I been hitting the snus today~!! I actually went to the gas station with the intention of buying a pack of cigs but I changed my mind at the last minute thank goodness~!

Overall I haven't found a swedish snus that I have an appreciation for. The minty ones are alright, but generally I can't get accostumed to the salty taste. I use Camel mellow more than any other. It sure does help with those nic fits though~!

Lynlee

FreakyStylie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
The Internet
Boy have I been hitting the snus today~!! I actually went to the gas station with the intention of buying a pack of cigs but I changed my mind at the last minute thank goodness~!

Overall I haven't found a swedish snus that I have an appreciation for. The minty ones are alright, but generally I can't get accostumed to the salty taste. I use Camel mellow more than any other. It sure does help with those nic fits though~!

Lynlee

What are your favorite types of juice to vape? Maybe this will help me in making a decision on what snus to look at. :)

lynleestar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2010
NW Indiana
well I'm pg sensitive so many of the juices that have a great flavor make me cough my head off.

My main flavors I use daily are

my own DIY cinnamon pear
creme de menthe
Boba's Bounty

I also like
Melon Menthol
root beer
chocolate brownie

Have yet to find a tobacco flavor I really like. boba's is the closest. Even though I smoked menthols I don't like menthol vapes either~!

But please don't judge by my tastes....I.AM.WEIRD~!

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
I might suggest Oden's kanel. Has a nice cinnamon flavor. Comes in both 8mg portion and an extra strong 17mg portion. That one is guaranteed to kill any craving. Oden's also make a licorice but have not tried that one.

If the salt is getting to you try having some liquid of your choice handy (water works fine). Just take a sip when you feel like it to wash out any build up of salt and flavor. Might help to smooth things out a bit.

BCB

ECF Veteran
I don't know if you've tried General Mini Mint, but it's sweet and has no saltiness that I can taste. I prefer sweet, dessert type e-liquid and so far the General Mini Mint is my favorite. The straight General mini's taste like crap. I keep trying them because the can is opened and they're drying out, but I always spit them out pretty soon.

FreakyStylie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
The Internet
OK, I tried some snus today. (Thanks to a great ECF member!)

I've had it for a while, but have been waiting. My wife's been climbing back up on the cigarette count, but she decided she wanted to try the snus today. I did it along with her so that I could know what she was experiencing. All I have to say is WOW! That will knock the living *#$% out of a nicotine craving . . . at least for somebody who hasn't had a cigarette in over 3 months. She got quite a jolt out of it too.

Slight burning. We both loved the taste, but she wanted sweeter. She said it was very salty, but I thought it was just right. I've been prepping my mind to expect what it was going to be like, rather that what I might want it to be.

The only problem is . . . she still feels the need for the habituation. What about vaping with a snus in? Lower or no nic?

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I don't know if you've tried General Mini Mint, but it's sweet and has no saltiness that I can taste. I prefer sweet, dessert type e-liquid and so far the General Mini Mint is my favorite. The straight General mini's taste like crap. I keep trying them because the can is opened and they're drying out, but I always spit them out pretty soon.

BCB, cut a fresh apple slice and put it in your can and stick the can in your fridge for 24-48 hrs; it will remoisten the snus and change its taste. You can also put that snus in a can of Mini mints (half full or so) and they will taste minty after a a day or two.

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
OK, I tried some snus today. (Thanks to a great ECF member!)

I've had it for a while, but have been waiting. My wife's been climbing back up on the cigarette count, but she decided she wanted to try the snus today. I did it along with her so that I could know what she was experiencing. All I have to say is WOW! That will knock the living *#$% out of a nicotine craving . . . at least for somebody who hasn't had a cigarette in over 3 months. She got quite a jolt out of it too.

Slight burning. We both loved the taste, but she wanted sweeter. She said it was very salty, but I thought it was just right. I've been prepping my mind to expect what it was going to be like, rather that what I might want it to be.

The only problem is . . . she still feels the need for the habituation. What about vaping with a snus in? Lower or no nic?

How strong are your portions? I only use the minis, but you can always take the pouch out of your mouth when you feel it's getting too strong. Snus is forgiving. You can also store your unused pouch for a while and finish it later on. Done that and proud of it. No, it's not gross. It's practical. Just don't offer it to anybody else... :facepalm:

FreakyStylie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
The Internet
How strong are your portions? I only use the minis, but you can always take the pouch out of your mouth when you feel it's getting too strong. Snus is forgiving. You can also store your unused pouch for a while and finish it later on. Done that and proud of it. No, it's not gross. It's practical. Just don't offer it to anybody else... :facepalm:

They were minis, 8mg I think. Not handy right now, but nothing powerhouse. I think that it hit me because I've been only vaping for the past 3 months, and I think it hit her because she wasn't expecting to get a buzz like you do from a cigarette. All-in-all, it was a great experience.

I really wish that I could find a tobacco shop around here that would carry Swedish snus. I've got a scheme planned. I'm going to just get some Camel and give it to my still-smoking friends so they can see the benefits while at work or whatnot; then I'll get an order from Sweden and get them interested in that; then I'll hit up a liquor store owner that I know to start ordering it; and then I can just buy it out of convenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread