Not open for further replies.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
Airnerd, Hittman
Spend a bit of time at the Northerner website just browsing around and reading. Also explore the Swedish Match site.

Northerner is like wandering around a snus shopping mall and Swedish Match is the largest manufacturer, market share, of snus. Both sites have plenty of articles about history and trends to give you an idea of whats available.

sunset

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Airnerd, Please share what you think of the Oliver Twists.

I never heard of them until you mentioned them yesterday. I went searching and found them on Northerner.com - 6 different flavors and I almost did an order.

Personally I'm having a lot of trouble with the majority of the Swedish snus flavors and lean towards towards sweeter snus like Discreet and, of course, it's a different process.

Reading some of the reviews on the internet (not that many really), I did find they were pretty acceptable. Yet, one person didn't seem to think they had the same satisfaction level, which is WTA to me as regular Swedish Snus...so just wondering what you think.

AirNerd

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2009
Kansas City Kansas
Airnerd, Please share what you think of the Oliver Twists.

I never heard of them until you mentioned them yesterday. I went searching and found them on Northerner.com - 6 different flavors and I almost did an order.

Personally I'm having a lot of trouble with the majority of the Swedish snus flavors and lean towards towards sweeter snus like Discreet and, of course, it's a different process.

Reading some of the reviews on the internet (not that many really), I did find they were pretty acceptable. Yet, one person didn't seem to think they had the same satisfaction level, which is WTA to me as regular Swedish Snus...so just wondering what you think.

Ugh...I may need to try them longer, but I really cant say they are great by any means.

I got the tropical flavor, and its like a licorise flavor to me, sweet at first but then after a while the flavor drops and I heard you can bite it a bit for more flavor...phewww...blech, no chew..bad, no chew! On the next one I just left it alone in my cheek, and that was not bad at all....moral....don't chew these.

I found them at 2 local tabaco shops, one a cigar retailer, and one just a plain discount cig shop. So if you do decide to try these, see if you can find them local.

They are cheap enugh, can't hurt to try.

Also I don't think they are as strong as snus, but I don't have alot of experience with either.

Hope this helps, I will keep trying them to see if I can get a better feel on how they work.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Back to the topic. Anyway, I have been using oral tobacco for 6 years, and I have had no dental effects, except the tissue in my mouth has changed into being kind of lumpy. Gums, teeth etc are all in original shape.

It all depends on how you take care of your teeth and body.

Thank you for your input.This is the kind of information that I was looking for when I started this thread. I do take pretty good care of my teeth now and was unsure about using snus portions. I know this thread got a little off subject as some do many times. Thank you.

Giantfan

ECF Veteran
    Sep 30, 2009
    I was in the army and a lot of people dip tobacco in the army, so I was able to kind of check out the long term effects of this habit. What I noticed, was that people who were just naturally unhealthy and dirty, tended to have bad teeth. Those that took care of themselves, didn't appear to have any dental issues from using smokeless.

So my understanding of it is this: if you take care of your teeth. Meaning, brush, floss, and don't drink sugar all day, then your teeth will likely be in good shape.

If you don't take care of your body and have proper nutrition, your teeth and gums will be affected, 100%. Damage to the mouth isn't just a surface issue, it comes from within as well.

Now, you may get some recession at the worst, just because of the nature of putting something foreign in your mouth.

Also, most people brush their teeth the wrong way, and cause recession from those bad habits. I went to a dentist that explained the proper way to brush, and it really does make a difference. Most recession is caused by bad teeth brushing.

First off, the tooth brush should be very small, with medium bristles. Secondly, do not brush from side to side, across your teeth. You should take the brush, and start from the gumline and up towards the top of the tooth. A couple brushes, and move on to the next one. It should not be hard or vigorous.

So, that is my take on it all. I've been dipping on and off for 6 years, and I am typically a heavy user when I am using. I have had no dental problems at all, nor have they changed since beginning this habit.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread