hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    The no-nic photos are all the same person, so I shouldn't have said "those" users. I agree OTD, always must consider the source. I did find it an interesting compilation of "facts." As someone who tends to have an addictive personality, I am sure I would like them too much. Currently have all 32 teeth, and hoping to keep it that way if I can help it.
    note to self: should any snus fall in my lap, send to OTD

I definitely know where you are coming from and have been torn about using the snus. I would never use the loose like in the pictures on that link. Those pictures are very gross. I have to wonder though what kind of dental care the people were doing. I brush 4-5 times a day and waterpik twice a day and floss once. That is kinda part of the deal with having braces. I just am having a hard time deciding if I am better off using a couple portions of snus a day or smoking a couple cigarettes. Right now I am giving the snus a try to get past the hardest cigarette cravings. I am vaping too.

AirNerd

ECF Veteran
    Nov 23, 2009
    Kansas City Kansas
    Oh, back on track..I too was wondering the effects on my mouth from snus, and my other half even more, she would rather have my smoke....and she is a respitory theripist!!!

I told her I am gonna snus, I have tried the camle snus and have a tin in my pocket right now...I just love the stuff!

I suppose there are some riscks with snus, but I just see smoking as a worse risk...am I right? Any info on a snus/cig comparison?

She was looking up info on snus this morning and found some stuff about pancriatic cancer, but nothing much about any mouth related problems.

Those pics are rather alarming, but this stuff makes me sane agian, so I am willing to trade off with hopes that I don't get to the point I have a snus in all the time for 12 hours a day, so far I am not quite sure how much I will use in a day, but I don't feel the need to have one in all day and thats good, and a big goose egg on cig cravings.

Anybody notice there e-cig is just not doing the job after starting snus? I almost don't even want or need my e-cig after starting snus.

Dangit...teeth, this thread is about teeth. Darn ADD =D

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 28, 2009
    Willamette Valley, PNW
    I believe that number represents the typical amount of daily use by snus users in general.

That's my understanding as well. It's not unusual from what other snusers have said that they ALWAYS have a pris or a portion in.
    I'd hazard to guess I might have a portion in place, perhaps half my waking hours. But I also usually only have 4 to 6 fresh portions in a day. Each portion usually is in for 1 to 2 hours each.

Is that relevant? I dunno...

BTW Hittman, I would drive to meet you and take that snus off your hands LOLOL...

Snus vultures! They're all around! :D

AirNerd

ECF Veteran
    Nov 23, 2009
    Kansas City Kansas
    Oh, not at all!
    Please be so kind as to give fair warning before you visit the NW though.
    Give me a chance to padlock my Wintergreen stash :D

Well so far I just am not a mint kinda guy, so your in luck with you wintergreen.

I have much to learn about snus and the flavors, but the camel mellow snus is great IMO, but 4 bucks for 15 portions??? come on thats robery compaird to 24 for $3.

MoeJoe39

ECF Veteran
    Sep 22, 2009
    Blaine MN
    Personally, the Camel snus'es were like putting a sugar cube in your mouth to me. I was in shock the first time I tried a General mini......didn't think I'd finish one can. (Kinda like the first time I smoked)

Honestly, there growing on me, and my pacifier vaping has come to an end, though I still vape. I'm only using 3-5 pieces a day and it's keeping me balanced!

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I think that it is only fair that I give the snus to OTD since I offered it to him first if I decide to not keep it. I am only using one or two portions a day. Between that and the amount of cleaning that I am doing, I would think that it would make a difference.

a2dcovert

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2009
    Louisiana
    hittman,

Give it a little time. You might decide that you like them. I too am a fan of the mints and the General Mini Mint is especially good tasting to me. But, for a "pick-me-up" I will turn to the stronger portions.

The Thunder Frosted Mini's are also real good and contain double the nic of the General mini's. You could always double up on the mini mints to egt more nic but that could get expensive.

PS: Cigarettes do not taste good and that never stopped us from smoking.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    hittman,

Give it a little time. You might decide that you like them. I too am a fan of the mints and the General Mini Mint is especially good tasting to me. But, for a "pick-me-up" I will turn to the stronger portions.

The Thunder Frosted Mini's are also real good and contain double the nic of the General mini's. You could always double up on the mini mints to egt more nic but that could get expensive.

PS: Cigarettes do not taste good and that never stopped us from smoking.

I put them in a sealed bag and will try them again in a week or so. By the way, this might sound crazy but cigarettes never really tasted bad to me.

AirNerd

ECF Veteran
    Nov 23, 2009
    Kansas City Kansas
    Airnerd, I don't know what day you ordered from getsnus but I would guess that it will not take long. My first order was placed on friday and was here on monday.

Monday evening, that would be nice to get it today..i have been looking high and low for a local shop that carries snus to no avail, so I ordered finally as I just cant stand paying $4+ for 15 pouches after I saw the "real" snus has 24 portions.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I kinda wanted to stick with the swedish made snus after the reading I had done about how it is prepared compared to the american made snus. I am not sure exactly which ones are swedish besides general and there was another one that I saw but can't remember the name. I checked the general website and they listed a local smokes 4 less tobacco shop as a distributor but when I went there they didn't have any but are supposed to be checking on it for me. Airnerd, I would not be surprised if you had your order today.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread