Status
Not open for further replies.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Yeah. My local tobacco store ran out of Stonewall tobacco bits first. I depend on those first thing it the morning and after meals. Then the store 60 miles away that I go to each weekend ran out of General Wintergreen snus, which I had hoped to make a regular rotation snus. So I'm down to some snus I don't like, my last two Oliver Twist Arctic bits and my pipe. I almost bought a pack of cigarettes yesterday. It was a terrible day of craving (two weeks from my first full year off cigarettes). Today I'm better. But I can't survive long without everything I depend on to stay off cigarettes. E-smoking is great, but I'd never make it 24 hours if that was all I had. I use snus non-stop and e-smoke at the same time.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
I know. Five packs for $9.95 or something like that. Very reasonable, since I pay $4 each locally. But -- ah ha! -- shipping is $10! Arrrrgh. Now they are 5 for $20. Same as local price.

And I suppose, before long, we will not be able to order any tobacco items online if Congress gets its way. So I'm already beginning to exist from my local tobacco store ... I'm training the owner to order what I need.

RatInDaHat

Peace, I'm outta here
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2008
Albuquerque, NM
so here is what i just ordered. I made my own tryout selection

Following from BuySnus:

1847 By Philip Morris White (really got it for the tin. :D )
CatchDry Cassis Menthol
General Mini White Portion
Lucky Strike White Mini Portion
Mocca Mint Mini Portion
Mocca Pomegranate
Offroad Limited - Icemint Portion
Vertigo Bahama Velvet Mini
Vertigo Cuba Gold Mini

Following from Largest Selection of Pipes, Pipe Tobacco and Cigars in Chicago for over 150 Years @ Iwan Ries & Co.
Catch Dry Peppermint Portion
General White Portion Wintergreen
General White Portion

I think i have enough to keep me busy for a while. :D

-Dusty-

jasondavis48108

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2008
Ann Arbor Michigan
I got some of the Bahama velvet and the mocca poemgranate, but I think my taste buds don't do subtle anymore cause I couldn't taste thepomagrantate at all. thier both good though, I like the fruity taste of the Bahama velvet. The offroad has great flavor, I have the coffee vanila, cranberry, and apple varieties, but the flavor doesn't last as long as with other brands. I really like the coffee vanilla though, although once again can't taste the vanilla just the coffee. When I place my next order (which won't be for awhile as I currently have 13 cans and I've got a 24 pack sampler coming in the mail) I really want to try the 1847 and the cuba gold as well. You'll have to let us know how you like these when you get them. BTW I use the catch dry peppermint all the time, the flavor takes longer to develope with these dry packs, but man does it last forever.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Nice selection. Among your choices, the only ones I really don't like are General whites. The rest are pretty good.

The CatchDry Peppermint is, as Jason said, awesome in how long it remains flavorful and not slimey.

I was back at the store today for more General Wintergreen and the owner said "corporate" was out of them. Say what? That means all Florida stores, at least, don't have them. He had piles and piles of General portions and whites, but not a single tin of Wintergreen. I quickly grew to like it, so it figures that it would run out.

Keep us posted on that new 1847 from Philip Morris. Big experiment for yet another American tobacco company venturing into snus.

jasondavis48108

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2008
Ann Arbor Michigan
TB glad to hear that the camel rumors are just that. When I was smoking camel frost ciggs were one of my absolute favorite smokes, second only to nat shermans mint. So I'm looking very forward to trying the camel frost snus, unfortunatly the closest city in wich it is currently being sold is chicago and I don't think I will drive 5 hours to snus a camel:)

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Yeh, the closest Camel test market to me is Orlando -- and no one wants to drive in that traffic!

I did place a big order today, and went ahead and got a tin of Philip Morris 1847. It's just a beautiful tin. Some snusers are dumping other brand snus in it, after using up the 1847, just to carry that tin with them.

Note that Lucky Strike is sold from Sweden, too, not the U.S.

Speaking of a beautiful tin: Nick & Johnny East or West. And that tin is just big enough that if I take my pen style e-cig apart, the N&J tin can contain all three pieces (the battery fits perfectly on a diagonal).

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
A thing of beauty, ain't it?

Think of things this way: You can snus in a hospital during recovery (although you probably won't have a hospital stay with laser eye surgery). You can snus in your house without releasing any particulates. And if ever a tobacco use has been studied in more than a century of safe use, it's snus use in Sweden. It flat doesn't get any safer. Study after study: Snus is the "poster boy" for harm reduction.

Must buy snus
Must buy snus

:)

jasondavis48108

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2008
Ann Arbor Michigan
I love snus, will be buried with enough snus that future archeologists will think that I was some sort of king, medicine man, or witch doctor. I love snus so much I may well name my first born catch or general or maybe nick johnny catch and he will have a great country song called give my love to snus. o.k. maybe that was a bit far, but I really do love this stuff:) all 50 cans worth! viva la snus!

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
I practically did a dance in the driveway yesterday because I've got three dead atomizers awaiting replacement but my snus order arrived in the mail! Yes, I am saved! Two cans Wise6mg Wine and Chef (kicks like a donkey), other stuff and the new 1847 from Philip Morris. I never have to worry about a nicotine craving. And my snus tastes good, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread