• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

So.... can't even smoke in your car anymore on base?!? ...!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

greywolff

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Vooping is not authorized in your office, sir.

given my current command .. the fact that only one other person has access im pretty confident im safe as my boss wont mind hehe :)

and being the nature of my office no one comes to visit so ya :)

well ok vaping .. vooping ya probably not :p

Xobeloot

The Dirty Monkey
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2013
Grafenwöhr, Germany
Only if proper PPE was utilized and the correct sanitization measures were in place and accomplished... IAW AR9009

During times of war, you must also follow all applicable CBRNE measures also.

Damnit! Now i need to post a pic of my pro-mask retro-fitted for an e-cig in the canteen tube! (Which i was supposed to post in another thread months ago... Oops!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

greywolff

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
There most certainly are policies/regulations w/in the DOD regarding electronic cigarette use:

AF Instruction 40-102

Medical Education & Training Campus (METC) Operating Instruction 40-1

Here's a link to a Military Times article regarding the military Exchanges selling ecigs, and noting that the services have implemented rules treating them like tobacco products, or are still working on what to do about them: Exchanges now sell e-cigarettes, but military officials haven’t sorted out all the rules

While I agree that there is the matter of respect (for the rules/regulations, those appointed over us and plain old common courtesy), I hate the fact that those of us that choose to use a reduced threat product such as ecigs (or whatever you wish to call it) to enjoy our nicotine are forced to stand with the poor folks that still choose to smoke the real deal. We are not able to set our own standards... the majority of us do not hold sufficient rank w/in the military chain of command to do anything about this. After 15 plus years in the US Air Force, I realize my father, a retired Master Chief in the USN was right: "Luck" and "close" only matter in horse shoes, hand grenades and atom bombs.

In the mean time, I'll be crossing my fingers still.

Im a E-6 (promoteable) so will have some rank before to long :)

that Covers the Air Force (sorry guys) and medical students at Fort Sam Houston but generally the Army has no set policy :)

Xobeloot

The Dirty Monkey
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2013
Grafenwöhr, Germany
Man, i wish. I hit 3 years today, have been a 4p since March, but points for Medic have been at 798 for months. I'm sitting at about 570 which doesnt include +10 for my first good conduct due now.

I think the Army is holding promotion to 5 since all the 68W ASI's are becoming their own MOS come Oct.

Frustrating. I'm 34 years old, more life experience than most on their death bed, been in 3 years, deployed, earned my badge, and still get treated like a pud because i'm wearing the sham shield.

Maybe next month.

Borescoped

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2013
Minot, ND
Im a E-6 (promoteable) so will have some rank before to long :)

that Covers the Air Force (sorry guys) and medical students at Fort Sam Houston but generally the Army has no set policy :)

E-6 still ain't high enough to change those rules... Trust me, I know.

Yes, it does cover the AF guys.... And the Army I'm sure isn't that far behind. At one point in time, my branch was part of the Army.

Xobeloot

The Dirty Monkey
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2013
Grafenwöhr, Germany
Hahaha! So i am doing clinicals this morning and I got pretty drunk last night.

I sent a text to my wife telling her i'm miserable and have the s**ts.

Her response was:

So, does that mean you're spending your morning in the bathroom vexplodding? Hmmm ... doesn't ring as nice as vooping.

Win!

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Status
Not open for further replies.