So Educate me a little bit why it seems Boge 2.0 seems better than 3.0 on the Provari Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

artbyshan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2012
Chattanooga, TN
I use Boge Cartos, and have bought a bunch of 3.0 ohm's when I bought the mini. On a few juices I use, it is nice to be able to crank it to 5.0 volts with the 3.0. However, it seems as though I get a better hit with the Boge 2.0 (Have a few left) at about 4.2 volts. Maybe this is a silly question, but why does 4.2 watts seem better w/ the Boge 2.0 as opposed to 4.2 watts with a Boge 3.0. Is it just my imagination ? Shouldn't they be the same ?

B4DJ1N64N

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
Indonesia
artbyshan:5789599 said:
I use Boge Cartos, and have bought a bunch of 3.0 ohm's when I bought the mini. On a few juices I use, it is nice to be able to crank it to 5.0 volts with the 3.0. However, it seems as though I get a better hit with the Boge 2.0 (Have a few left) at about 4.2 volts. Maybe this is a silly question, but why does 4.2 watts seem better w/ the Boge 2.0 as opposed to 4.2 watts with a Boge 3.0. Is it just my imagination ? Shouldn't they be the same ?

Ohm law calculations:
5 volts on 3.0 ohms = 5*5/3 = 8.33 watts
4.2 volts on 2.0 ohms = 4.2*4.2/2 = 8.82 watts

Therefore hits harder. Pump up a bit with your 3 ohms cartos. Why people prefers 3 ohms? Because with 3 ohms, we can 'fine tune' wattage by increasing or lowering voltage better than using 2.0 ohms. If you get what I mean.
Example:
With 3 ohms, each additional 0.1 volt = 0,27 watt hotter;
While with 2 ohms, each additional 0.1 volt = 0,4 watt hotter.

artbyshan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2012
Chattanooga, TN
Ohm law calculations:
5 volts on 3.0 ohms = 5*5/3 = 8.33 watts
4.2 volts on 2.0 ohms = 4.2*4.2/2 = 8.82 watts

Therefore hits harder. Pump up a bit with your 3 ohms cartos. Why people prefers 3 ohms? Because with 3 ohms, we can 'fine tune' wattage by increasing or lowering voltage better than using 2.0 ohms. If you get what I mean.
Example:
With 3 ohms, each additional 0.1 volt = 0,27 watt hotter;
While with 2 ohms, each additional 0.1 volt = 0,4 watt hotter.

Thanks. I really appreciate the explanation. Just seems like w/ a few juices, when I try to fine tune it (e.g. Increasing the 3ohm volts to 5 taste burnt {Doesn't taste right at 4.9, 4.8, and etc; Goes from burnt to muted as I go down.}). The same juice on 2.0 ohm taste great at 4.2 Volts. Oh well, math doesn't lie. Maybe I should just stock up on some 2.0 ohm Boges. That way I'll have a choice (3.0 ohm & 2.0 ohm).

mikebabs

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2011
new jersey

I have another explanation for you, as I have found this out myself......
Whether you use a 2.0 or 3.0 ohm , if you start out or raise the voltage too QUICKLY with the Provari, you slightly BURN the juice around the coil...When you realize it tastes burnt, you automatically lower the voltage...The next few vapes still tastes burnt until you burn off the burnt stuff....By then, you are most likely frustrated.......
Try this instead, start with LOWER voltage, NOT higher......If the vape is weak, raise by 1/10 a volt at a time....you will then discover the "proper" or "correct" voltage for that particular e-liquid without the risk of burning it....Once I find my 'sweet' spot, I raise the voltage 1/10 or 2/10's , if it tastes the slightest bit burnt, I lower it back to the sweet spot....If you follow this procedure, it lessens the chance of burning the juice ....Hope this helps......

Last edited:

artbyshan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2012
Chattanooga, TN
I have another explanation for you, as I have found this out myself......
Whether you use a 2.0 or 3.0 ohm , if you start out or raise the voltage too QUICKLY with the Provari, you slightly BURN the juice around the coil...When you realize it tastes burnt, you automatically lower the voltage...The next few vapes still tastes burnt until you burn off the burnt stuff....By then, you are most likely frustrated.......
Try this instead, start with LOWER voltage, NOT higher......If the vape is weak, raise by 1/10 a volt at a time....you will then discover the "proper" or "correct" voltage for that particular e-liquid without the risk of burning it....Once I find my 'sweet' spot, I raise the voltage 1/10 or 2/10's , if it tastes the slightest bit burnt, I lower it back to the sweet spot....If you follow this procedure, it lessens the chance of burning the juice ....Hope this helps......

-Makes sense. I'll try it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread