Status
Not open for further replies.

BiffRocko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
It is like watching paint dry or sloths mate! I wonder if it has anything to with the facebook link crap. For those of us that do not use FB it is most likely looking for some log in info each time a page loads. We should have a disable option!!!

Install the Ad Block extension in your browser and manually block the Facebook login button. (Right click on it, choose Adblock - Block this ad) That's what I did and it's gone.

Site is zippy as ever for me. I use Chrome on a Mac.

BiffRocko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
Because it is a 'rogue' browser (not standards compliant), website developers have to make special arrangements for it in order that it can read a site correctly. This drives them all crazy as it is completely unnecessary, it's just down to poor coding at MS. As a result, whatever other benefits it might have, it is despised by techies.

<--- Software Engineer (mostly web)

IE is the bane of my existence and has made me wish I'd chosen a different profession more than once. IE9 is much closer to standard compliant than previous offerings. I rarely need to write IE specific CSS for v9, but it still sucks.

Edit: Bozz, no reason to uninstall IE. Just don't use it.

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I keep getting the same page errors in IE and was wondering if this is something on my end or on the ECF side.

They seem to Always be on the same lines - 68, 72 and 77.

IE pegs the CPU to 98% and then after about 45 seconds, maybe a timeout duration, it loads the page with the reported errors.

A Java issue? - Scripting Host Issue? - IE Issue? - ECF User Account Hosed Up? - Not exactly sure how to approach fixing this problem.

If I’m Logged Out, All ECF pages load Almost Instantly. But Once I Log In, All Pages crawl to Dial-Up speeds.

Here are the details as reported by IE alone with the corresponding lines of HTML.

-------

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C)
Timestamp: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 16:20:30 UTC

Line: 68
Char: 1
Code: 0
URI: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-liquid-reviews/97244-pizza-flavored-e-juice.html

67) <script type='text/javascript'>
68) GS_googleAddAdSenseService("ca-pub-2950380080290854");
69) GS_googleEnableAllServices();
70) </script>

Line: 72
URI: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-liquid-reviews/97244-pizza-flavored-e-juice.html

71) <script type='text/javascript'>
72) GA_googleAddSlot("ca-pub-2950380080290854", "ECF1");
73) GA_googleAddSlot("ca-pub-2950380080290854", "ECF2");
74) GA_googleAddSlot("ca-pub-2950380080290854", "ECF3");
75) </script>

Line: 77

76) <script type='text/javascript'>
77) GA_googleFetchAds();
78) </script>

-----

<!--[if lt IE 8]>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/css.php?styleid=12&langid=1&d=1323811780&td=ltr&sheet=popupmenu-ie.css,vbulletin-ie.css,vbulletin-chrome-ie.css,vbulletin-formcontrols-ie.css,editor-ie.css" />
<![endif]-->

<script type='text/javascript' src='http://partner.googleadservices.com/gampad/google_service.js'>
</script>
<script type='text/javascript'>
GS_googleAddAdSenseService("ca-pub-2950380080290854");
GS_googleEnableAllServices();
</script>
GA_googleAddSlot("ca-pub-2950380080290854", "ECF1");
GA_googleAddSlot("ca-pub-2950380080290854", "ECF2");
GA_googleAddSlot("ca-pub-2950380080290854", "ECF3");
</script>
GA_googleFetchAds();
</script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/mobiquo/tapatalkdetect.js"></script>

<meta name="keywords" content="Pizza,Flavored,e,juice,pizza, low, supply, flavor, thing, mix, flavors, bottle, ordered, flavored, e-juice, flavoring, 15" />
<meta name="description" content="While placing my last order with The Perfumers Apprentice, I noticed that they have a Flavor Under Development section. I also noticed that these" />

<title> Pizza Flavored e-Juice</title>
<link rel="canonical" href="http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-liquid-reviews/97244-pizza-flavored-e-juice.html" />

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/clientscript/vbulletin_textedit.js?v=417"></script>

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
Can I recommend this please?

Pizza should be eaten not vaped

Regarding the browser issue, it looks like IE is objecting to something in the Google advert code. There isn't anything we can do about this AFAIK because no one else has reported it, also we can't change Google's code. However there is a fix: use another browser and it most likely won't happen. If it does, install an ad blocking extension (like AdBlock for Firefox) and it fixes it.

Sorry I can't offer anything more practical for your situation.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Can I recommend this please?

Pizza should be eaten not vaped

Regarding the browser issue, it looks like IE is objecting to something in the Google advert code. There isn't anything we can do about this AFAIK because no one else has reported it, also we can't change Google's code. However there is a fix: use another browser and it most likely won't happen. If it does, install an ad blocking extension (like AdBlock for Firefox) and it fixes it.

Sorry I can't offer anything more practical for your situation.

LOL...

TPA Pizza Flavor Actually Wasn't that Bad. Have you ever Tried it?

But you are right, Pizza Flavored e-Liquid isn't my All Day Vape. All this was So New and Exciting to me (Check out the OP Thread Date) back then.

The Script Errors reported by IE might not be not be the Only thing causing my Slow performance Issues. I guess in a way I was trying to Piggy-Back onto this thread because I knew that there would be Subscribed User and perhaps someone else had seen this in IE and could shed some light onto is this really a Problem or Not.

My PC does have some Issues and is due for a Good Old Fashion FDISK Wipe and O/S Reload. Thought though that if I could address a possible Scripting Host, Java, .NET, Services or IE Issue now I might save myself some effort Before I activated Windows.

Perhaps another Browser Platform is a Solution to be Consider?

Anywho... Thanks for the Quick reply Roly.

Also let me take a Moment to Extend a Very Happy New Year to You and the Entire ECF Team.

May 2012 Bring the ECF All the Good Fortune and Rewards that it Deserves.

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Happy New Year, Zoid.

FYI I've been using Chrome for ECF and it works great. I've even started using it for general surfing now because it's so much faster.

Edit: And oh yeah, that pizza juice thing sounds pretty gross. :p

BTW - I Updated Java and Flushed Every Cache / Defragged and things do seem to be Better.

Not as good as Before the Last ECF Upgrade but a Lot Better.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Happy New Year, Zoid.

FYI I've been using Chrome for ECF and it works great. I've even started using it for general surfing now because it's so much faster.

Edit: And oh yeah, that pizza juice thing sounds pretty gross. :p

Happy New Years to you Also Banjo. I haven't seen you for awhile. Hope your doing Good.

Yeah, I'm think of trying Chrome. Anything special to do before loading or after it is set up?

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Happy New Years to you Also Banjo. I haven't seen you for awhile. Hope your doing Good.

Yeah, I'm think of trying Chrome. Anything special to do before loading or after it is set up?

Nope. Just install and run. After you log into ECF the first time and bookmark the page it'll remember you from then on. I still have IE installed and still use it every now and then, but chrome is much faster.

Edit to add: You can easily import all your IE bookmarks into Chrome by clicking on the little wrench (top right) after you install Chrome. Just choose "bookmarks" and "import bookmarks and settings" on the menu.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread