So V2 shutdown...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bopalong13

Nov 7, 2018
So V2 just shut down. I know that most people seem to have moved on from cig a like batteries and such but for me and my father they work very well. With alternating between a few charged batteries we are able to make it through the day and they are easy to hold either in my mouth while i'm doing work. I've been a V2 customer for years now and I've tried a few different kinds of liquid because you can use different liquids in the cartomizers that they had. The problem now is that I need to find some new cartomizers to go with the batteries that i have and I need to find new batteries to replace the ones that I have because I know they are only going to last so long. Are there any other good cig a like brands out there? I know most people are switching to those pods after spending a few days on the forum looking but it seems like the pods aren't refillable which is one of the big selling points to me with the refillable cartomizers because then you can put in any flavor that you want and you can refill them as the liquid gets low. Any advice would be appreciated thanks.

• Informative
Reactions: DPLongo22

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Cig a likes are now a limited availability product and those still around have taken a steep nose dive in quality control.
Meaning lots of duds & frustrations, it'll be quite the undertaking to find a few quality pieces.

I'm not familiar with all or even most of the pod type systems but do know that many are re fillable at least a couple times.

For reliability & longevity it may be better in the long run to change your preferred vaping method or at least experiment with more up to date methods.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The problem back in the day and today is cigalikes often use propietary connections. Some might be 510 or 808 connectors, and finding cartos and batteries that are cross compatible will probably be a nightmare.

I began vaping seven years ago with Smokeless Image Volt batteries and their cartos. I believe they were 808 threaded. I haven't been on their website in months, but it looked like the company was showing signs of going down hill. Cigalike brands are a dying breed.
Smokeless Image: Electronic Cigarettes | Smokeless E-Cigs

There are a number of pod systems which use refillable pods. Which pod systems allow you to add your own e-liquid?

You might want to browse this sub-forum: Vape Pod Systems

Talk about Pods with an Old Fart

Should you decide to really up your game with an eGo system or a mod, look in this blog: Good Starter Setups for a Beginner Vaper

Good luck in your research. :)

Last edited:

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
but it seems like the pods aren't refillable
There's lots of pods system that are refilable, unfortunately i don't use either but i do know that Aspire makes a couple models that are (there is more companies that do make refilable pods but idk which except from smok which i never recommend).

• Agree
Reactions: bombastinator

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
There's lots of pods system that are refilable, unfortunately i don't use either but i do know that Aspire makes a couple models that are (there is more companies that do make refilable pods but idk which except from smok which i never recommend).
I concur. Many of them are newer. Also some older pod systems have actually changed from non refillable to refillable. it seems to be the new pod hotness. Maybe poke about in Vape Pod Systems . Various systems are discussed there. I totally get the hold it in your mouth thing. One that might be worth checking out is the rock boulder. It’s not the most popular system but it is particularly cheap, particularly well set up for mouth holding, and is refillable. Thing even comes with an empty squeeze bottle to do it with.

Reactions: QcVaper

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
This kit is from a well known UK vendor (Jac Vapour) that shouldn't disappear just yet. I don't know if it's the kind of thing you're after, but it might be worth a look.

Basic Starter Kit

Not sure where you are, but I think they ship internationally.
Is it any good? Jac vapor sort of has a rep for making a really good dna mod and not nearly as good everything else.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    So V2 just shut down. I know that most people seem to have moved on from cig a like batteries and such but for me and my father they work very well. With alternating between a few charged batteries we are able to make it through the day and they are easy to hold either in my mouth while i'm doing work. I've been a V2 customer for years now and I've tried a few different kinds of liquid because you can use different liquids in the cartomizers that they had. The problem now is that I need to find some new cartomizers to go with the batteries that i have and I need to find new batteries to replace the ones that I have because I know they are only going to last so long. Are there any other good cig a like brands out there? I know most people are switching to those pods after spending a few days on the forum looking but it seems like the pods aren't refillable which is one of the big selling points to me with the refillable cartomizers because then you can put in any flavor that you want and you can refill them as the liquid gets low. Any advice would be appreciated thanks.
    Apollo ecig has some? Can't tell what size but maybe 4081.

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Is it any good? Jac vapor sort of has a rep for making a really good dna mod and not nearly as good everything else.
    Really? I've never heard that, in fact I've heard just the opposite. PBusardo, Igetcha69, and a number of other reviewers that I consider to be unbiased have said JAC Vapour has an excellent reputation for making high quality and reliable products.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Really? I've never heard that, in fact I've heard just the opposite. PBusardo, Igetcha69, and a number of other reviewers that I consider to be unbiased have said JAC Vapour has an excellent reputation for making high quality and reliable products.
    But they don’t make all of em according to one of the threads I read here. For a lot of their smaller stuff they pull a totally wicked and rename stuff from other companies. I have no issues at all with the sandstorm. They make it, it’s awesome. It’s not the only thing they sell though.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld

This is a bummer (for me). They launched me (almost seven years to the day ago). :(

Thanks for letting me know. You'll find something great, for sure.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 2, 2012
    England and Wales
    Welcome.
    V2 was a disgusting, opportunist, rip-off business model. I am absolutely delighted to see them go. :?:
    There were only beaten by one more cynical company i.m.o. who I hope also get destroyed as soon as possible.

However I am sorry you are suffering... I mean, I am sympathetic. :(

Buy a JustFog minifit pod system... totally refillable, totally small, totally amazing. You just need to be able to transfer liquid into a needle bottle and work the 'flip/click' cover to the e-liquid compartment.
    Running cost a fraction of V2.

If Juul have bought V2, then at least one can be happy that V2 are gone forever and owned by a company that makes a novel product, albeit too expensive unless you learn to refill.

I bought Blu for $1. I am refilling that too, although Blu never intended people to do this.

Anyway... Just Fog Minifit. Hard to go wrong. :thumb:

I notice Vaporfi have stopped pretending they make stuff and are selling other makes pod systems. Good for them. Maybe they don't deserve to get eaten or destroyed after all. I'm sure the directors can retire already to Yachts in the Caribbean.:eek::D

Reactions: Baditude

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Any advice would be appreciated thanks.
    Welcome and glad you joined.
    Glad you know what works for you. Below you can view some sites that may help you find some buys. Might want to phone first to see about your thread connection matchups:
    Cheap E Cigs | E Cigarettes Online for Sale | Vapes For Sale
    e-Cig Cartomizers / Atomizers
    Bogetech 808D Cartomizer 5-pack
    Smokeless Image | The Best Electronic Cigarette
    EVcigarettes.com - Search Results for "Mega/XL KR808D-1 Horizontal Coil Cartomizers"
    Cartomizer - SmokTech - KR808D-1 Single Coil

Reactions: DPLongo22
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread