Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I think it may be one of those share the misery cross postings. Think I'll cross post a picture of my hairy .... in a little bit. Or, I may not. :)
I’d say I smell a hairy .... competition coming on but I’d really rather not.

This btw I think is my entry for “most puerile joke of the week”

bopalong13

Nov 7, 2018
Wow. I haven’t seen a kr808 in ten years. That’s some seriously old tech. I hope you weren’t paying more than a couple bucks a piece for them. Seriously though there are muuuch better vapes out there these days. Technology moves fast in vaping. Faster than computers even. The V2 sounds like the WindowsME of e-cigarettes.
Yea I realize they are old tech. They've just been very reliable in the past for daily all day use.
Wow. I haven’t seen a kr808 in ten years. That’s some seriously old tech. I hope you weren’t paying more than a couple bucks a piece for them. Seriously though there are muuuch better vapes out there these days. Technology moves fast in vaping. Faster than computers even. The V2 sounds like the WindowsME of e-cigarettes.
Yea I realize that they are really old tech. They have just been very reliable in the past. And they work very well for my father as well. They've been good for use when throughout the day switching between a few charged batteries. But I'm also looking into supplementing with either a pod system or one of the Evo systems as well now. I just really like the cig a like systems for the ease of use while I'm working and doing other stuff.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
The benefit to these that I'm seeing is that they seem to be a bit cheaper than the pod systems that are out there.

Yes, the KangerTech Top Evod kits (one of the smallest set-ups Kanger makes in a tube or pen-like shape, yet provides a very good vape) are definitely cheaper to buy initially, much cheaper for the KangerTech coil replacements, and for the glass part of the tank if/when needed. Pod systems' initial cost is higher for every one I've seen, and the cost of their proprietary pods and coils can be on the ridiculously high end of price, IMO.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Yea I realize they are old tech. They've just been very reliable in the past for daily all day use.

Yea I realize that they are really old tech. They have just been very reliable in the past. And they work very well for my father as well. They've been good for use when throughout the day switching between a few charged batteries. But I'm also looking into supplementing with either a pod system or one of the Evo systems as well now. I just really like the cig a like systems for the ease of use while I'm working and doing other stuff.
Auto batteries have their place. They originally went out of fashion because they couldn’t be made reliably. The engineers kept insisting that the switches were immune to moisture . They weren’t. Not to ejuice anyway.
There are some decent pods around with auto switches that are small enough to hold in your mouth. Sadly everything else is button based. This actually turns out to have some advantages. Having both hands free isn’t one of them though.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
10 years? What year do you think it is right now?
2018? I’ve been vaping for a long time. Maybe it was more than ten years. I kind of picked that number randomly. I’ve been registered on the fourm for 10 years and I saw them before that is suppose so probably more than ten years. Kr808s are actually older than 510s

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@bopalong13 - Does your Dad ever use KR808D-1 cartomizers? If he does, they have the 1.5ohm single coil cartomizers below for just $.25 each in their Hardware Clearance now. Quite a few of us bought some of their Clearance products a few weeks ago, and have been happy with the company's products, service, and shipping.

Cartomizer - SmokTech - KR808D-1 Single Coil

This place below has the KR808D Automatic Batteries (280mAh) for $7.95 in 3 colors. They're a good company and are also an ECF Registered Supplier.

Kanger KR808D-1 Automatic Battery | LiteCigUSA

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Shadav

bopalong13

Nov 7, 2018
@bopalong13 - Does your Dad ever use KR808D-1 cartomizers? If he does, they have the 1.5ohm single coil cartomizers below for just $.25 each in their Hardware Clearance now. Quite a few of us bought some of their Clearance products a few weeks ago, and have been happy with the company's products, service, and shipping.

Cartomizer - SmokTech - KR808D-1 Single Coil

This place below has the KR808D Automatic Batteries (280mAh) for $7.95 in 3 colors. They're a good company and are also an ECF Registered Supplier.

Kanger KR808D-1 Automatic Battery | LiteCigUSA
I'll send him that link because they may work for him. He has been using the clearomizers but those look like they might work ok for him if he wants. Thanks for the link.

Reactions: JCinFLA

bopalong13

Nov 7, 2018
Auto batteries have their place. They originally went out of fashion because they couldn’t be made reliably. The engineers kept insisting that the switches were immune to moisture . They weren’t. Not to ejuice anyway.
There are some decent pods around with auto switches that are small enough to hold in your mouth. Sadly everything else is button based. This actually turns out to have some advantages. Having both hands free isn’t one of them though.
Yea thats been one of that hardest things to find was something with an autodraw. But I figure that if everyone else is switching to the button based it must be for a reason I've just been enjoying the autodraw for years and I have really enjoyed being able to hold the vape in my mouth when I needed to for short times but it seems those days are coming to an end unfortunately.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@bopalong13 - Did you see my edit in my last post? I added a link to some 280mAh Automatic KR808D batteries.

Just found these, below, in 900mAh, but they're out of the automatic ones and only have the Manual ones in Black now. They're larger in diameter, but have more than 3 times the mAh. The Reviews shown for them look to be mostly very good.

Kr808D-1 900mAh Mega Battery Manual Or Automatic

Same place also has them in 600mAh and also has the KR808D clearomizers. They're shown on the same page as the 900mAh batteries.

Found more KR808D-1 Automatic Batteries below (Silver with Blue LED for $6.99) and some other versions of them near the bottom of that same page.

KR808D-1 Automatic Battery

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
Yea I wasnt sure where to put the thread at first because I was a new member so I had put the question in a few places sorry for the confusion.

Quite fine with me indeed. :) My mother near literally took me into the wilds and woods of VA, dumped out and said, "this is life son, go learn to live it." Well, I did pull one week on my own in the woods. My uncle and grandfather checked on me but remained a good way off so as to not "help". I live in a constant state of flux, confusion, It keeps me eternal and young at heart. :) Don't ask me for the plan though, I never have any plan. Don't know where I'm going either but I'm still happy with it. Not knowing my destination means I'll get there quicker. ;) :)

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
This btw I think is my entry for “most puerile joke of the week”

Awe, c'mon ya know you want to stretch that childish imagination. We all enjoy it from time to time. As to smelly .... contests, well, I'm out of it. My little dog last night took this week's championship round. He ran me and my witch out of bed. Thought someone had dropped an egg smelling grenade in our bed. I could taste the ammonia, yuck. Little grumpy old man eats grass, and not merely to vomit, he enjoys eating it.

bopalong13

Nov 7, 2018
@bopalong13 - Did you see my edit in my last post? I added a link to some 280mAh Automatic KR808D batteries.

Just found these, below, in 900mAh, but they're out of the automatic ones and only have the Manual ones in Black now. They're larger in diameter, but have more than 3 times the mAh. The Reviews shown for them look to be mostly very good.

Kr808D-1 900mAh Mega Battery Manual Or Automatic

Same place also has them in 600mAh and also has the KR808D clearomizers. They're shown on the same page as the 900mAh batteries.

Found more KR808D-1 Automatic Batteries below (Silver with Blue LED for $6.99) and some other versions of them near the bottom of that same page.

KR808D-1 Automatic Battery
those larger 808 batteries are very interesting thanks for that link. I'm going to really look into those ones and see how they seem but your right the reviews on the site do seem very good and I would be able to use that with any 808 carts I believe.

Reactions: JCinFLA

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
2018? I’ve been vaping for a long time. Maybe it was more than ten years. I kind of picked that number randomly. I’ve been registered on the fourm for 10 years and I saw them before that is suppose so probably more than ten years. Kr808s are actually older than 510s

I too have been vaping a long time. Perhaps not as long as you, but more than 7 years.

Would be real cool to have vape products on the market that are 11 years old since FDA couldn't technically touch them given the way the rule is written.

But knowing there were no vape products (in the US market) that meet such criteria, it's hard to take your comments seriously.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
Yea thats been one of that hardest things to find was something with an autodraw. But I figure that if everyone else is switching to the button based it must be for a reason I've just been enjoying the autodraw for years and I have really enjoyed being able to hold the vape in my mouth when I needed to for short times but it seems those days are coming to an end unfortunately.

Almost all V2 batts I own now, and in the past, are manuals. I tried the auto when I had my first kit, but I prefer a battery with a button on it.

I would say, if I'm being honest, there are some very good points about the other devices around and thus they are worth checking into. But there's also negative points. Same with V2 batts. As I said before, I prefer my V2 batts, but I don't hate on the other devices that are certainly far more popular.

Reactions: bopalong13

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I too have been vaping a long time. Perhaps not as long as you, but more than 7 years.

Would be real cool to have vape products on the market that are 11 years old since FDA couldn't technically touch them given the way the rule is written.

But knowing there were no vape products (in the US market) that meet such criteria, it's hard to take your comments seriously.
An interesting perspective. The kr808 stuff I was referring to was actually released in Britain, and imported unofficially via airmail. Kind of like the entirety of Chinese manufacturing is available to everyone today. The internet is an amazing thing. I started vaping on a device called a cloud9 as soon as it appeared in tobacco stores in my area. I had been watching e-cigarettes as a concept for some time. My memory says they first appeared in the US in Hollywood and used in place of real cigarettes for acting scenes. They would do things like glue ash to the ends to make them look more realistic.

You seem to have some hard data about the early days of ecigs that I do not have though. Do you know by any chance when the cloud9 was first available in the USA?

UPDATE: this line of reasoning caused me to look up the history of e-cigarettes
Historical Timeline of Electronic Cigarettes - CASAA according to this they were available just about the time I said they were

Last edited:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
There are pod systems that are autodarw AND work reliably. The juul comes immediately to mind but there are others. Hope is not lost.

Reactions: bopalong13
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread