Not open for further replies.

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
Green Smoke has a trial for $1 here https://www.greensmoke.com/trial-offer
You get a battery, 7 cartridges and a charger. You can't refill them tho but it's the only cig a like I can convince my SO to vape. For a dollar it might be worth trying.
The vaporesso Nexus is worth checking out also. Refillable and you can change the coils.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Do the pods tend to give you more vapor in anyone/s opinion?
I've only used one at a vape shop a couple of months ago. It will give you quite a bit more vapor than your cigalike. Not as much as my sub-ohm clearomizer tank on a 75 watt regulated mod.

It provided a pretty good hit. Many pods use nic salt e-liquid which has a higher nic concentration, so they give a pretty good hit yet they are a surprisingly smooth vape. So you might research into nic salts.
Salt nic ?
Salt nicotine

Last edited:

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
I tried a few cig-a-like devices I call carpenter pencil devices. Then a pod called Zero. I had tried a few pods too.

The Zero has a 'duck bill' mouth piece similar to a tobacco pipe. It uses a 1.0 ohm cCell coil pack with a ceramic wick.

The temp control means no dry hits. None. 9, 10 or 12 watts. Hits just like a cigarette, only incredibly smooth. You can use your favorite juice at your favorite nic content or go with those high dose nic salts. I use a 3ml sauce in my full sized devices and 6ml in the Zero. Currently an 80vg/20pg on medium with no qualms in the Zero.

Fits in your pocket like a flashdrive. I carry mine on a construction site and each time I want a puff or two it's handy, easy enough and I stash it back in my pocket.

The magnet holds the pod to the battery well enough to teeth hold it hands free in those sudden situations.

The push to fill spout is spring loaded so you bottom fill it, the spout closes and no leaking.

There are lots of good pods available, but the Zero is designed to "smoke" like the worlds smotthest, tastiest cig-a-like.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@bopalong13 - If you think the 808 kit someone found for you will work well for your Dad...perhaps you'd be interested in a small tube shaped set up, with a built-in 650mAh battery and a small, removeable tank on top. The tank takes inexpensive, readily available, replaceable coils, and it's a topfill tank, so easy to refill with eliquid. You take the tank off to recharge the battery with the included charger in the kit. The whole thing is a fairly small diameter and length (only 14mm dia. x 5" long total) and is lightweight, too. It has a button to turn it on/off and to fire the atomizer. Several people I've helped to switch to vaping have really liked them. So I keep a supply of them onhand all the time now. I use one myself for quick trips into town, too. They're my favorite smaller set-up. They produce enough vapor for me, coils are cheap and come in several different ohms, the battery lasts a decent amount of time during the day, and they're easy to grab and go!

It's the TopTank Evod set-up, or as some call it...the Top Evod Kit. My Freedom Smokes has them below, for just $9.95/kit!

Kanger Top Evod Starter Kit

You might want the read some of the Reviews for it way down the page on MFS, and maybe even watch the little video on it.

With that kit... or something similar, you're not locked into buying proprietary pods (usually fairly expensive), more expensive coils, etc. like with a pod system. Coils for the little TopEvod tank run about $4.75/box of 5 at FastTech or $5.25-$6 in the US, and you can use any eliquids in the tank because it's glass.

Last edited:

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
Green Smoke has a trial for $1 here https://www.greensmoke.com/trial-offer
You get a battery, 7 cartridges and a charger. You can't refill them tho but it's the only cig a like I can convince my SO to vape. For a dollar it might be worth trying.
The Vaporesso Nexus is worth checking out also. Refillable and you can change the coils.
from memory I liked the greensmoke over others, also the trial offer has a coupon in it to get 2 extra batteries for $1 ;) so you can't really go wrong....
it's been several years since I used cig-a-likes but a few i can think of is
mystic which is having a half off sale
21st century
MarkTen was another one I rather enjoyed
of course there's blu which it was ok
vuse was odd

sorry that's all that I can think of off the top of my head

bopalong13

Nov 7, 2018
someone in the other thread had suggested looking at a kit made by Jac Vapour and I was wondering what peoples opionion's on their builds were? They seem to have decent designs but and they would work very well for what my father needs in terms of the cig a like design and the tanks with the coils that you can swap out seem like they would replace the cartomizers that he uses. Do they ship to the U.S.?

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
They seem to have decent designs but and they would work very well for what my father needs in terms of the cig a like design and the tanks with the coils that you can swap out seem like they would replace the cartomizers that he uses.

Their tube mods kits have tanks that take their own proprietary coils though. So you'd have to order replacement ones from them each time you needed some. That alone would deter me from ordering a kit from them, unless you lived in UK.

They've been having some shipping carrier problems, too, lately. My last order, placed on Oct. 17th, is finally on its way to me...after a huge problem with 1 of their carriers (who said it contained US prohibited items, so they rejected it for shipment). Same shipping company has sent identical and similar vaping items to many others on ECF from JAC Vapour recently. My package was to be returned to JV for reshipment to me, but the carrier couldn't locate it, since they'd gotten it on Oct. 23rd! It was finally returned to JAC Vapour this Saturday, to be to reshipped to me, this time by UPS.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
I too was greatly saddened / disappointed by V2 shutting down. Kinda despise Juul right now.

Anyway, a friend from here (ECF) sent me multiple items a few months ago when I was having trouble with my V2 chargers, which has since been resolved. So I have a couple Juuls, JustFog pod and on my own I ordered Aspire Breeze II. I used all of those for a good month or so, and still like the Breeze II, and even the JustFog device. More vapor and longer lasting that V2 all the way around.

With all that said, I strongly prefer my V2 Classic Long batteries over all devices I've tried. If I was only going to try one device, and only use it once, then V2 devices would not top the list. But if I'm going to continue being a vaper who puffs as often as I do daily, then IMHO, V2 devices are the way to go (for me). I guess I should also note that I use clearomizers on my V2 batts.

Recent news regarding FDA attack on vaping has me wondering what's around the corner politically and more important, practically for daily vaping, but I think that'll probably take awhile to sort itself out.

From my previous searches online, finding KR808D batteries (what V2 used) isn't that hard. They are usually less expensive than what V2 charges, but don't have the lifetime warranty V2 had (I'm going to miss that big time). I'll hope clearomizers will be available for at least a few more years. So I think I'm good to go in the short term. But I'd also suggest trying a mod type system or whatever the Breeze II is considered. Doesn't have to be that brand, just something like that. Takes more work to keep that going, and is more expensive, but good to have options beyond the cig-a-like set-up.

I would also just note that I've been vaping since 2011.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
So V2 just shut down. I know that most people seem to have moved on from cig a like batteries and such but for me and my father they work very well. With alternating between a few charged batteries we are able to make it through the day and they are easy to hold either in my mouth while i'm doing work. I've been a V2 customer for years now and I've tried a few different kinds of liquid because you can use different liquids in the cartomizers that they had. The problem now is that I need to find some new cartomizers to go with the batteries that i have and I need to find new batteries to replace the ones that I have because I know they are only going to last so long. Are there any other good cig a like brands out there? I know most people are switching to those pods after spending a few days on the forum looking into it and i'm open to them but it seems like the pods aren't refillable which is one of the big selling points to me with the refillable cartomizers because then you can put in any flavor that you want in them and you can refill them as the liquid gets low. Any advice would be appreciated thanks.

The wife and I started on these: https://www.greensmartliving.com/

bopalong13

Nov 7, 2018
I too was greatly saddened / disappointed by V2 shutting down. Kinda despise Juul right now.

Anyway, a friend from here (ECF) sent me multiple items a few months ago when I was having trouble with my V2 chargers, which has since been resolved. So I have a couple Juuls, JustFog pod and on my own I ordered Aspire Breeze II. I used all of those for a good month or so, and still like the Breeze II, and even the JustFog device. More vapor and longer lasting that V2 all the way around.

With all that said, I strongly prefer my V2 Classic Long batteries over all devices I've tried. If I was only going to try one device, and only use it once, then V2 devices would not top the list. But if I'm going to continue being a vaper who puffs as often as I do daily, then IMHO, V2 devices are the way to go (for me). I guess I should also note that I use clearomizers on my V2 batts.

Recent news regarding FDA attack on vaping has me wondering what's around the corner politically and more important, practically for daily vaping, but I think that'll probably take awhile to sort itself out.

From my previous searches online, finding KR808D batteries (what V2 used) isn't that hard. They are usually less expensive than what V2 charges, but don't have the lifetime warranty V2 had (I'm going to miss that big time). I'll hope clearomizers will be available for at least a few more years. So I think I'm good to go in the short term. But I'd also suggest trying a mod type system or whatever the Breeze II is considered. Doesn't have to be that brand, just something like that. Takes more work to keep that going, and is more expensive, but good to have options beyond the cig-a-like set-up.

I would also just note that I've been vaping since 2011.
I've been using the V2 Classic Long batteries for years now with the clearomizers. They work for daily vaping puffing as often as I do like you said. I will miss the warranty that V2 had for their batteries. That was one of the reasons that I had originally bought them there. But it does seem like I will be able to find the KR808D batteries. Where are you finding your clearomizers now? I've been really looking into the Breeze II and the Justfog as well as some similar devices as well to supplement my vaping but am still trying to narrow it down thanks very much for the help.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
I've been using the V2 Classic Long batteries for years now with the clearomizers. They work for daily vaping puffing as often as I do like you said. I will miss the warranty that V2 had for their batteries. That was one of the reasons that I had originally bought them there. But it does seem like I will be able to find the KR808D batteries. Where are you finding your clearomizers now? I've been really looking into the Breeze II and the Justfog as well as some similar devices as well to supplement my vaping but am still trying to narrow it down thanks very much for the help.

I currently get clearomizers from VaporKings. You get like 5 for $13 to $15.

I think I'd suggest JustFog over Breeze II in terms of first getting into another system. You may be more satisfied with Breeze II in long run, but the JustFog is easier to use. Though I experienced the whole shorting the batt out on that, kinda easily. Takes like 12 to 24 to get it back working, and it's fine after that.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@bopalong13 - Have you checked out the KangerTech Top Evod Kit I mentioned and linked to earlier? It's inexpensive, takes readily available inexpensive drop-in coils, is topfill, has a 650mAh battery (same or even more mAh than many pod systems), and is only about 3mm larger in diameter than a Sharpie marker, but shorter than one...even with a drip tip on it.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Izan

bopalong13

Nov 7, 2018
I currently get clearomizers from VaporKings. You get like 5 for $13 to $15.

I think I'd suggest JustFog over Breeze II in terms of first getting into another system. You may be more satisfied with Breeze II in long run, but the JustFog is easier to use. Though I experienced the whole shorting the batt out on that, kinda easily. Takes like 12 to 24 to get it back working, and it's fine after that.
Thanks for the clearomizer recommendation those look like they should work good. The other ones that I've been finding have a short wick and I was skeptical about that working all the time. I'll keep that in mind about the Justfog because those are the 2 that I'm pretty much looking at right now unless somehow I end up finding another pod system that ends up looking really good but I figure that it will be good to have something to supplement the KR808d batteries.

bopalong13

Nov 7, 2018
@bopalong13 - Have you checked out the KangerTech Top Evod Kit I mentioned and linked to earlier? It's inexpensive, takes readily available inexpensive drop-in coils, is topfill, has a 650mAh battery (same or even more mAh than many pod systems), and is only about 3mm larger in diameter than a Sharpie marker, but shorter than one...even with a drip tip on it.
I was just looking at that and some of the other Evo mods that they have now. They might end up working at first I was really trying to just find something more like the cig a like but I feel like having something to supplement it will be a good idea so either one of these or one of the pod systems is going to be a good idea. The benefit to these that I'm seeing is that they seem to be a bit cheaper than the pod systems that are out there.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Thanks for the clearomizer recommendation those look like they should work good. The other ones that I've been finding have a short wick and I was skeptical about that working all the time. I'll keep that in mind about the Justfog because those are the 2 that I'm pretty much looking at right now unless somehow I end up finding another pod system that ends up looking really good but I figure that it will be good to have something to supplement the KR808d batteries.
Wow. I haven’t seen a kr808 in ten years. That’s some seriously old tech. I hope you weren’t paying more than a couple bucks a piece for them. Seriously though there are muuuch better vapes out there these days. Technology moves fast in vaping. Faster than computers even. The V2 sounds like the WindowsME of e-cigarettes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread