so who got the z atty from provape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dilutetrips

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2009
New Brighton, MN
I just got mine today. It works great. I have a S&S atom which is good but have pulled the tank apart on my atom more then once. Would never put the atom in my work apron. My Zen this looks perfect on my Provari. It is also built like a tank. The best I have seen anywhere. It is worth the price. I can not see needing any other type of tank. It is what I was always looking for. Work of art, built to last.

WNCmotard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2012
Western NC
Got mine today, very happy with it so far.

P1070019copy.jpg

Link

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2011
SmokeFreeville usa
^
not much to be confused about. its a tank like many other tanks except, much like the provari....it is well-built for durability,design and performance, hence the price.
if you are new to tanks, you probably dont want to spend that kind of money yet. this item requires experience rebuilding coil and such. not terribly difficult but, experience goes a long long way.
get a vivinova or screw-tank, they are like $12-$15 and you can rebuild the heads (coil/wick).

WNCmotard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2012
Western NC
Ok I will admit it. I'M A NOOB AND DON'T UNDERSTAND ALL THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused: What's the deal with one of these? Not trying to be a smartbutt but just don't understand. I just now started thinking about a tank. (blew all the tank funds on juice). Please inform me.

Yeah, link summed it up for the most part. They're known as genesis atomizers, meaning you have an RBA (rebuildable atomizer) and tank all in one. As he mentioned the ZAP and higher end genesis stuff if generally very well made, etc. Most claim that the flavor from a genesis is the most pure you'll get since the SS wicks only transfer the flavor they are holding, and after owning a few I'd have to agree. I did a lot of research here at ECF before making the leap, but I'm glad that I did. Initial cost may be high, but a spool of wire and a sheet of SS mesh will last you a long, long time.

DarklyNoon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2012
Virginia
Yeah, link summed it up for the most part. They're known as genesis atomizers, meaning you have an RBA (rebuildable atomizer) and tank all in one. As he mentioned the ZAP and higher end genesis stuff if generally very well made, etc. Most claim that the flavor from a genesis is the most pure you'll get since the SS wicks only transfer the flavor they are holding, and after owning a few I'd have to agree. I did a lot of research here at ECF before making the leap, but I'm glad that I did. Initial cost may be high, but a spool of wire and a sheet of SS mesh will last you a long, long time.

I myself opted to wet my feet on a did clone first... Good thing too. In the first day I tightened it too tight and destroyed both of the isolator grommets on the clone. It's a good thing stormy sells replacement isolators. I did however make a well seasoned wick before I dun goofed.

PhreakySTS9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Shayol Ghul, The Great Blight
I myself opted to wet my feet on a did clone first... Good thing too. In the first day I tightened it too tight and destroyed both of the isolator grommets on the clone. It's a good thing stormy sells replacement isolators. I did however make a well seasoned wick before I dun goofed.
Totally agree, 100%. I had been wanting to try a genesis style atomizer for quite a long time, but I was not willing to shell out $100+ for something that might not have been to my liking, I couldn't get working properly, etc. I spent $25 on the DID clone from Discount Vapers and discovered that I love it! After a little practice (because it is harder wrapping a good coil for a genesis than it is on a Phoenix) and paired with my Provari it is by far the best vape I have ever had, even if it does guzzle juice like a "70's muscle car" as I saw somebody say in another thread!

Now i'd love to try a higher end one, but i'm not sure it will be a ZAP since the thread skirt wouldn't look that hot on my white Provari. I would love a short DID with a clear tank though. I like the AC9 but I perfer the streamlined look of a tank that is even with the top of the Provari top cap, and the AC9 is about the same diameter as the Provari body. One of these days i'll probably pull the trigger on a higher end gene, probably either one of the DID's or a Z-atty-U perhaps. I would also love an iHybrid or similar all-in-one but that's a whole different story! I have to give him props on the ZAG because that thing, especially with the brass skirt, looks hawt hawt HAWT on a GGTS.

Too sum up my long winded ramble, I would never have spent the money on a DID, Z-atty, AC9 etc. if I had never gotten to try out the DID clone for so cheap!

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
Thank you all for the answers. I think I'll pass for now. Please excuse me for now,(less than a month into this all). I wanted a provari but when I look at the price and think about what I paid for my vmax and Itaste I just can't figure it all out. All I know is I really like toys and playing with the vapeing thing. It's saving my lungs from total distruction. (The provari I was looking at really is sexy). The vmax might as well not have a read out cause it ain't even close to what I usually vape at with all the twist, spinners and itaste. Thought I really wanted a zmax but well now I DON'T THINK SO. NOT TILL THEY FIGURE OUT HOW TO MAKE IT READ RIGHT.. Remember I'm still learning. Sorry.:facepalm:

Skyway

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2009
NC - USA
www.bsvoboda.com
Yeah, the Zmax is way off from what it reads. I think it was the Chinese trying to outdo the Provari and Darwin personally. Trying to make it seem like it hits better than the competition. Great idea in making a VV and VW in the same device but with how it performs, no thanks. The wattage and voltage readout is far to high off of scale to use it properly in my opinion.

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
Is the skirt bent?
nope, and i was very happy to notice that the button lines up right at the top on my mini, and right at the bottom on my gfs mini, no taking the tops off to realign them for me :D

And batteries. Def, def, definitely batteries.

yup, got enough of those for now :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread