So why hasn't anyone died yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

River

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2009
Independence, KY USA
Humans have had this unfortunate habit of finding a way to hurt, maim and kill themselves in the most unusual ways over the centuries.

So my question is how is it possible that not one person has poisoned, created a spark and caught fire or had the plastic cart lodge in their throats and beat the odds to be the first person killed in an electronic cigarette accident.

The most mundane and/or unusual circumstances can lead to a persons demise as seen here...

The Darwin Awards

and here...

List of unusual deaths - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So come on ecferrs what is your theory about this. Are e cigs inherently safe or are we just beating the odds for a short moment and soon enough we will see a death that is directly attributable to vaping???

spaky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2009
Making cement boots
It will happen eventually. Either a battery will blow up or cause a fire, or some idiot will vape an extremely high niquid to the point of death. Maybe even a surprise way that none of us can even think of at the moment. The more people that use these will bring in the less intelligent people of our society.

thelook

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
I have tried soooo hard to hurt,main,disfigure even kill myself.......I have put the wrong end of the PV in my mouth...fell asleep vaping.....dropped it in my car driving......left it unattended in another room....NOTHING HAPPENED!!! The worst thing I have been able to do was get a mouthful of juice......seems I will need to find another way to OFF myself....

Last edited:

River

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2009
Independence, KY USA
I like the way you think. :)

Nice red dobe in you avatar.
He's my little project dog, got him when he was a 3 year old abuse neglect case that was seized by the humane society. He ended up with me for rehab after multiple failed adoptions and I kept him.

80 pounds of aggressive, undisciplined, starving dobe that had been chained up in someones backyard for 3 years with little to no social contact.

Here are some pics of him and his "little sister" a blk and tan that was dropped off at the pound. Look at some of the close-ups to see the damage that was done to him before I got him. He's covered from tip to tail in scars.

nu-vapor

Rasa is my little PTSD buddy and while he may never be a "normal" dog he tries hard to please me and I don't know what I would do without him now.

Last edited:

Lab

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2009
Indiana
e-cigdecals.weebly.com
some idiot will eventually.. there are some ppl with have real bad reactions to pg.. that if untreated could happen ..

as far as overdose.. unless they digest it i dont see it happening because once the person starts to vomit and get all light headed most would stop.. if they dont then most likely they would die in a yr or so by trying to jump over a moving car or something else dumb..

River

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2009
Independence, KY USA
It will happen eventually. Either a battery will blow up or cause a fire, or some idiot will vape an extremely high niquid to the point of death. Maybe even a surprise way that none of us can even think of at the moment. The more people that use these will bring in the less intelligent people of our society.
If I were to put money on it my guess would be dripping and driving.

Deena

ECF Veteran
Dec 25, 2009
Louisville

Me and my husband have thought the same thing. It will be sooner rather than later. I assume that someone is going to get drunk and drink a very high nic juice. I also believe that there will be equally intelligent people standing around going "do it, do it, do it."

mwahle1

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL. USA
An exploding battery could cause injury, but the only way someone could ever die is to overdose on nicotine. With that said this would be nearly impossible to do by just vaping since you would first get very sick and have to continue to consume nicotine. Accidentally ingesting a lethal dose, by a child possibly, seems the most likely. However, I guess if someone spilled a large amount of a very high nicotine solution on themselves and did not wash up immediately, death and/or sickness could be possible.

Just like many other chemicals; handle and use appropriately.

River

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2009
Independence, KY USA
To be honest, after reading the batt blow up article, I was kinda wondering the same thing myself LOL. Think I'll be stickin' to the regular old 3.7 kits for a while :)

@River - just noticed your locale :D Nice to know there are at least a few vapers in the Bluegrass
cool, Williamstown is just down the road a bit from me. There is another guy that's on here from Covington and I see quite a few others around too. We will all have to get together sometime and get our vape on. I need to find the article you are talking about I have not seen it yet.

River

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2009
Independence, KY USA
Me and my husband have thought the same thing. It will be sooner rather than later. I assume that someone is going to get drunk and drink a very high nic juice. I also believe that there will be equally intelligent people standing around going "do it, do it, do it."
Yeah I agree that this one has a pretty high probability of happening at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread