Soapy taste?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chas F.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2013
Colorado
So, I've done a search and I saw many mentions of a 'soapy taste' regarding some flavorings. Is there a reason some mixes have a soapy taste to them?

Example: I mixed up some HS Granny Smith at 5% and there was a VERY muted soap taste and the apple taste was pretty weak. My friend noticed the soap taste right away so I know it wasn't just me. He also said that it was a bit weak so I made up another batch at 7% and the same thing happened but with slightly more apple taste but still not good enough to vape. Did I get a bum bottle of juice or should I drop the % down to 3% and try again?

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Surprised that you got that from Hangsen flavoring. May be a bum bottle. I would contact the vender. I once had an issue with a hangsen flavor from vapingzone and they replaced it right away. ECX was a different story I got a few bum bottles from them and they wanted nothing to do with the complaint so I've since switched venders.

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
So, I've done a search and I saw many mentions of a 'soapy taste' regarding some flavorings. Is there a reason some mixes have a soapy taste to them?

Example: I mixed up some HS Granny Smith at 5% and there was a VERY muted soap taste and the apple taste was pretty weak. My friend noticed the soap taste right away so I know it wasn't just me. He also said that it was a bit weak so I made up another batch at 7% and the same thing happened but with slightly more apple taste but still not good enough to vape. Did I get a bum bottle of juice or should I drop the % down to 3% and try again?

Hey Chas,

That sounds terrible. I only have 30 flavors atm (All TFA) and thankfully I haven't gotten any soapy taste from them as of yet. The other day I decided to try something I read on ECF. I had some whipped cream and took 30 little dollops and placed a drop of each different flavor on each one (not all at the same time lol) over a couple of days to see how they tasted before I used them. I don't recommend doing it with the TFA Spearmint, almost blew my taste buds out. I swear I tasted and smelled nothing but that for hours :p . Maybe try that with the Apple and see if you get a soapy taste. Good luck and Happy Vaping :toast:

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

Chas F.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2013
Colorado
Good idea Steve, I'll try that. I also read a suggestion to try each additive to see if it's one of them. It's possible that it is because all of my other mixes are coffee variants and would overpower a mild soapy taste.

Danny, it was indeed ECX that I got it from. If it turns out that it is the GS then I'll contact them and hope for the best. Who do you use now?

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
Good idea Steve, I'll try that. I also read a suggestion to try each additive to see if it's one of them. It's possible that it is because all of my other mixes are coffee variants and would overpower a mild soapy taste.

Danny, it was indeed ECX that I got it from. If it turns out that it is the GS then I'll contact them and hope for the best. Who do you use now?

The previous suggesting to use process of elimination is a very good suggestion.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
Well, isn't the base for most e-liquids the same chemical used in many soaps? (PG/VG) I've found that some flavorings hide the soapiness, others just diminish it and a few I've had seem to even highlight it.

May be so but I've never got an actual soapy taste from base. If that were the case I don't think anyone would be vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread