Status
Not open for further replies.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
The lost vape Therion 133 is in Stock at Vape Royalty (and probably other palaces too). Go get it. I did. :)

Thanks for the heads up!:thumb: I haven't seen it in stock anywhere else yet. I guess the price is about in line with what I expected, and they have some nice leather choices.

Reactions: MikeB

MikeB

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Louisiana
I think there are DNA mod with all sorts of 510 connectors. For example The RX DNA 200 used the same 510 as the regular RX200 (I know, and spending all that money). With the brands I've had, Lost Vape and HCigar, I've had no 510 issues at all with multiple tanks. No guarantees with either some oddball tank or mod.

And a touch of bad news. E cig city is finally all sold out on that VT75 for $50. Congrats to all who got one at that price. Ecig is selling them at $60 if anyone still wants one.

By the way, I just want to say again how pleased I am with my Hcigar VT75. I got it just because it was cheap, and as a backup to my eventual purchase of a Therion 133. The VT75 in no way deserves to be just a backup device, and I dare say I'll have to decide which to carry with me each morning, the Therion or the VT75.

It's solid, looks much better in person than in pictures (in my opinion), it pockets well, and it vapes like a dream. I get almost a full day on one 18650 keeping my coil at 470f, and I vape roughly 15ml a day.

The only issue, as others have mentioned, is the threading on the battery cap. The threads are thin, and there's not much purchase for your fingers on the cap. It's hard to get is started, but once you do the threads are smooth as butter. The trick I've learned is just to slowly turn the cap counterclockwise until you feel it sort of "click" into the topmost thread. A clockwise turn from there starts it every time and it goes on easy.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
By the way, I just want to say again how pleased I am with my Hcigar VT75. I got it just because it was cheap, and as a backup to my eventual purchase of a Therion 133. The VT75 in no way deserves to be just a backup device, and I dare say I'll have to decide which to carry with me each morning, the Therion or the VT75.

It's solid, looks much better in person than in pictures (in my opinion), it pockets well, and it vapes like a dream. I get almost a full day on one 18650 keeping my coil at 470f, and I vape roughly 15ml a day.

The only issue, as others have mentioned, is the threading on the battery cap. The threads are thin, and there's not much purchase for your fingers on the cap. It's hard to get is started, but once you do the threads are smooth as butter. The trick I've learned is just to slowly turn the cap counterclockwise until you feel it sort of "click" into the topmost thread. A clockwise turn from there starts it every time and it goes on easy.

I'm very happy with mine as well. I decided to throw a 26650 in there in place of the 18650, just for some extra run time. As I have only one other mod that uses a 26650, this one is pretty well dedicated to the mod. As DNA boards have respectable charging capabilities, I just leave the battery in there and charge through the usb, so I rarely have to deal with that battery cap. For me it was a set and forget type of thing.

And yes, it is nice enough to stand on its own rather than a mere "backup" device, especially at the price point. I do like it for my out and about. My issue with taking something like my Triade or a Therion out is not wanting to mar the leather surface. It stands up fine to daily use around the house, but I'm not sure how it would be for banging around in a briefcase, or getting scuffed in a car's coffee holder. Not that you couldn't as I believe they are generally well made, but no soft surface like a leather will be as immune to wear and tear as a finish on the VT 75.

Reactions: MikeB

MikeB

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Louisiana
I'm very happy with mine as well. I decided to throw a 26650 in there in place of the 18650, just for some extra run time. As I have only one other mod that uses a 26650, this one is pretty well dedicated to the mod. As DNA boards have respectable charging capabilities, I just leave the battery in there and charge through the usb, so I rarely have to deal with that battery cap. For me it was a set and forget type of thing.

And yes, it is nice enough to stand on its own rather than a mere "backup" device, especially at the price point. I do like it for my out and about. My issue with taking something like my Triade or a Therion out is not wanting to mar the leather surface. It stands up fine to daily use around the house, but I'm not sure how it would be for banging around in a briefcase, or getting scuffed in a car's coffee holder. Not that you couldn't as I believe they are generally well made, but no soft surface like a leather will be as immune to wear and tear as a finish on the VT 75.

I need to get a 26650 just to try one out.

I agree about the finish. I haven't been kind to it at all. It rides around with car keys most of the day, and I can't even see a hint of wear or scratches.

MikeB

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Louisiana
I would not feel good about throwing that leather back in with a bunch of car keys and expect it to walk away unscathed.

Haha, true.

I like my leather to get a little wear (not exactly car keys wear though). If i get a scuff, I just treat it with a little oil and the finish looks good again, just more aged, which I like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread