Some confusion over models, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've had the SI Volt recommended to me a few times (I've been looking at a mini, but honestly am now debating on a mid, but that's more thought for another post), but the problem is I live in Canada and there could be issues getting that particular site to ship to me. My question is NOT about vendors for supplies in Canada specifically. Rather, it's about makes & models. For example, is the Volt just SI's version of some model, and I can get the same one (by some other name) from another site? Are there major differences between makers even though they're the same model? Will certain models allow for using parts across all makers, as long as they're the same model type, and if so, which ones? (For example, I know that the Greensmoke bat looks like a mini model, but I also know that its threading is apparently proprietary and it is at least difficult to easily find cartos for it).

I guess in short, my question is, with the Volt for example - are there certain considerations/benefits I need to consider about buying the Volt specifically, or can I find the same model from another maker that will perform the same and take the same parts (cartos, chargers, etc.)?

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
There are 2 basic threadings- 808 and 510...510 is the more popular one. As for the Volt it's a great 808 PV but sometimes battery life is an issue. Battery Info- 100 mah= 1 hr normal vaping before requiring recharge. It's no problem getting hardware into Canada...it's the nicotine juice that's sometimes a problem.

Thanks Vapoor, that's good to know about the hardware (I assumed that everything from e-cig sites could just stop and the border and that was that, whether it's hardware, e-juice, or both).

As for your battery life comment, that is certainly a concern. A question for clarification for a newbie such as myself - when you say 1 hour of normal vaping, what exactly do you mean? As in, an hour of actual usage (i.e. - actually hauling on it), so it'll last more than hour in the average day? Or rather do you mean having it sitting there, and taking an average amount of hits from it, it'll be dead within an hour? And if the latter, what would you call an average amount of hits for an hour?

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Hard to explain battery life- if you chain vape every few minutes the batts will drain quickly. Also with 808 PVs sometimes hard to find accessories up here. I have 1100 mah batteries and if I'm stressed I can drain them in 5 hrs.

Thanks Vapoor, that's good to know about the hardware (I assumed that everything from e-cig sites could just stop and the border and that was that, whether it's hardware, e-juice, or both).

As for your battery life comment, that is certainly a concern. A question for clarification for a newbie such as myself - when you say 1 hour of normal vaping, what exactly do you mean? As in, an hour of actual usage (i.e. - actually hauling on it), so it'll last more than hour in the average day? Or rather do you mean having it sitting there, and taking an average amount of hits from it, it'll be dead within an hour? And if the latter, what would you call an average amount of hits for an hour?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I have read that Smokeless Image's Volt's are the same or at the very least similar to Bloog's batteries. I can't provide any more info than that because honestly I don't know.

I started with Smokeless Image Volts in April. They did the job and got me off of cigarettes. Like many new vapors, I felt that my e-cigarette needed to look like a cigarette.

I very quickly grew tired of needing to change batteries every 3-4 hours. I had four of the 78mm batteries, and it was a pain for me to keep up with putting the spent batteries into the PCC chargers. There was one instance in particular when I found myself with all 4 batteries spent and nothing to vape on. I went into a nic attack, broke down and bought a pack of cigarettes from the mini-mart 5 minutes from my house while one of my batteries was charging. You see, its all too easy to mess up and buy a pack of cigs.

I soon realized I didn't care how small the battery was, I wanted function over form. Just remember, the bigger the battery, the better the performance. I wanted something that would last longer.

I next advanced up to the Smokeless Image X2s. These are basically the same as an Ego battery, only with the 808 thread instead of 510 threads. The 650 mah X2 will give you at least 6.5 hr vape time, the 900 will give you at least 9 hours, and the 1300 will give you over 13 hours. These worked out better for someone like me who wasn't meticulous enough to keep my batteries charged up. (100 mah = 1 hr vape time)

A couple of these will easily allow you to vape all day and into the evening. In addition, the passthru charger that comes with these allow you to vape while they charge. I'd recommend the 1.5v USB/AC wall adaptor that will allow you to vape with AC power near any wall outlet. All of the devices sold by Smokeless Image are inter-compatable with each other.

x2battery.jpg volt-ce3.jpg Smokeless Image battery size comparisons.jpg <--click pics to enlarge detail
3 sizes of X2 batteries/X2's with ce3s/size comparison of analog, 65mm,78mm, and the 3 sizes of X2s (w/o a heating coil attachment)

Last edited:

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
I use SI exclusively right now. I was a very heavy smoker of up to 3 pad. A 78mm battery will last me 3-4 hours...and a 650 X2 8+ hours. I'm semi retired, so I have mine going most all day long. I don't know too much about the other 808 brands, but the SI volts are regulated...meaning they give the same power from start to finish...and that seems to be important to most people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread