Not open for further replies.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Count me in for a coffee mug! Certainly the larger the better. While T-shirt’s are fun, getting into products with varying sizing can lead to left over stock. Just a thought. Also, the artist gene missed me but using the term “squonking” somewhere in there certainly speaks to the historic value/tenacity of Reos.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Button options! Colors! So, where is everyone getting the SS buttons from? I see plenty of pics of them around.
77121b67d285526652728769d617af1f.jpg

Sent from my 5049W using Tapatalk
New to me.. might be a normal reo aluminum button that's on the site.. if one can attach the backside to it.

It's my guess that they are the aluminum buttons sold by Reosmods. I believe all of their button colors will work on the P67's. I changed out the brass one on my Jatoba/Ebony Woodvil with a black Delrin button from Rob. And most of the buttons on my Grands, 2.1's and 1.0's as well. Smart, forward thinking on the part of that mountain boy Rob O'Neil to make them interchangeable on the Reos.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
badly done, but it's an "idea" thread. Ideas are:
- use the instantly recognizable door shape
- the tagline

View attachment 688193
I hadn't thought about it, but I like the idea of somehow using the door shape as part of the deal. You're right that the door shape is recognizeable and distinctive. And it's patented after all. (For what that's worth in this industry.)

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Being an ex-vaper, imo, the only change that needs to be done to the Reo regardless of model would be to provide solid silver contacts for them. I'm not talking about silver plated, pure silver. It wasn't until I put solid silver contacts, both + and -, in the 2 Reo Grands I had that I was truly satisfied with the vape I had. I'm not saying that with the standard contacts it was a bad vape, the silver contacts just elevated the vape to a level that I found myself very content and satisfied and looked no further for the perfect vape. I don't believe that going to solid silver contacts would be that much more expensive than what is being used right now if it were done right.

As far as I know to date, I was the only person to put both + and - solid silver contacts in my devices as most others just swapped out the + pin only, but my vape was a very noticeable difference from the onset that I changed them. I would also add that putting said contacts in my devices is what led to my vaping 0mg and ultimately quitting so maybe it wouldn't be smart for @Eric Parlin to make this change!!!

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Being an ex-vaper, imo, the only change that needs to be done to the Reo regardless of model would be to provide solid silver contacts for them. I'm not talking about silver plated, pure silver. It wasn't until I put solid silver contacts, both + and -, in the 2 Reo Grands I had that I was truly satisfied with the vape I had. I'm not saying that with the standard contacts it was a bad vape, the silver contacts just elevated the vape to a level that I found myself very content and satisfied and looked no further for the perfect vape. I don't believe that going to solid silver contacts would be that much more expensive than what is being used right now if it were done right.

As far as I know to date, I was the only person to put both + and - solid silver contacts in my devices as most others just swapped out the + pin only, but my vape was a very noticeable difference from the onset that I changed them. I would also add that putting said contacts in my devices is what led to my vaping 0mg and ultimately quitting so maybe it wouldn't be smart for @Eric Parlin to make this change!!!

I'm fine with the new contacts! I hated the former contacts as one would get pits in the battery tops and ultimately weak connections to follow.. what made me move on from reos way back when.

Now can we have pure silver before spring and still have work as a short fuse???

That's one other thing that makes a reo king of mechs! Not many mechs out there have safety now adays if any??

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I'm fine with the new contacts! I hated the former contacts as one would get pits in the battery tops and ultimately weak connections to follow.. what made me move on from reos way back when.

Now can we have pure silver before spring and still have work as a short fuse???

That's one other thing that makes a reo king of mechs! Not many mechs out there have safety now adays if any??
But that safety comes at the cost of conductivity. I don't think there's any way to achieve muzichead's results with a spring.

I can also attest to the difference it makes, because I owned a CC mod for a while with all solid silver contacts. Hits much harder.

Me personally though, these days I prefer having a spring on my mech. It would be neat to have both options available for REOs IMO.

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Lower ohms on a mech comes at the cost of battery life, and honestly, a .5 with solid silver will hit harder than a .3 with a spring. There's a very significant conductivity decrease with the spring.

Yea I'm sure but st the cost of losing your hand or face/jaw if it shorts.

Just saying if one needed more heat, go lower.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
IMO the fears are slightly hyped up. I prefer a spring (hell, I prefer regulated, been ~2 months since I hit a mech at all) but I know plenty of CC owners etc who experienced a short with no actual problems. It's definitely MUCH safer with the spring though, so I'm not disagreeing. But I think it's fair for someone who knows what they're doing to prefer the solid silvers. The vape is vastly improved.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois

The contacts that are in all current Reos aren't as much at fault for arcing and pitting as much as the build and what battery you are using. Anything VTC will arc and pit worse than any other brand out there. That has been a proven fact since very early on when VTC's were introduced to vaping and copper contacts. I will say that with the solid silver contacts Corey made for me all arcing seemed almost non existent. I never once had the black dot that everyone seemed to get almost weekly in the CC's.

As to the possibility of a solid silver hot spring, I'm not sure it would really work. Don't know enough about what materials would work for one. Maybe Eric could look into that...
But that safety comes at the cost of conductivity. I don't think there's any way to achieve muzichead's results with a spring.

I can also attest to the difference it makes, because I owned a CC mod for a while with all solid silver contacts. Hits much harder.

Me personally though, these days I prefer having a spring on my mech. It would be neat to have both options available for REOs IMO.
The voltage drop on my grands went from about .4v with copper contacts to .08v when I changed to all solid silver +/- together. It took some getting used to for sure... Builds went higher and nic almost over night was dropped to 0mg!!
Lower ohms on a mech comes at the cost of battery life, and honestly, a .5 with solid silver will hit harder than a .3 with a spring. There's a very significant conductivity decrease with the spring.
I went from .25-.3Ω builds to .5-.6Ω overnight!! My batteries started lasting all day as well.
Yea I'm sure but st the cost of losing your hand or face/jaw if it shorts.

Just saying if one needed more heat, go lower.
Honestly, I never felt unsafe in anyway when I took the hot spring out of my devices. That is because I knew what builds I had and always stayed well within my battery amp limits. I always tested my builds on a tester with the top cap on to check for shorts prior to putting the build on the device and firing it also. That step was very important.

Now that I think back on the last 3 years of vaping I never once dropped a spring in my Reos. That is not to say I never had any shorts. I had 3 that I can remember. 2 with the copper contacts and 1 with the solid silver and the only thing that happened was my coils popped in the atty was all. Never once was the battery in danger nor was I... I always thought that was strange as everyone else were dropping springs. I guess I was just lucky in that regard.

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
All sounds good then.

Personally I don't feel I need the nic. I've been at 10mg mix for years making my own juice.. recently cut that in half making lower own alien coils. I wouldn't mind trying even lower.. or even try 0 nic. Though the only thing I'm afraid of is losing the natural nic flavor as I vape flavorless.

I feel even without the nic is still vape as I enjoy vape and it's a habit that replaced smoking that may always be with me.. if I stop vaping what else would I do to replace it?? Eating more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread