Status
Not open for further replies.

BiffRocko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
I'm on day 3 of vaping, and I seem to be going through 1.5-2ml of juice a day with medium to heavy vaping. How long everyone's juice last? How often and how much do you order to keep yourself vaping?

Also, I just picked up a passthrough today. It seems like it goes through juice much faster because of the higher heat. Have others experienced this? Any tips on using a passthrough vs. a battery?

I've been refilling my cartomizers. So far, so good. How do I tell when the atomizer in a cartomizer is dead though? Does it just stop heating?

Can someone point me in the direction of a thread or article that discusses why some people add water to their juice?

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
I'm on day 3 of vaping, and I seem to be going through 1.5-2ml of juice a day with medium to heavy vaping. How long everyone's juice last? How often and how much do you order to keep yourself vaping?

Also, I just picked up a passthrough today. It seems like it goes through juice much faster because of the higher heat. Have others experienced this? Any tips on using a passthrough vs. a battery?

I've been refilling my cartomizers. So far, so good. How do I tell when the atomizer in a cartomizer is dead though? Does it just stop heating?

Can someone point me in the direction of a thread or article that discusses why some people add water to their juice?

Your juice usage really sounds about normal.

I'm a newb, but here's my .02.

I, being broke, decided to go the DIY route right out the gate. I did buy 20ml of pre-made juice, incase I screwed my first few batches up, but other than that, all DIY.

I got 60ml of 60mg PG unflavored nic juice, 120ml VG to cut it with, a few different flavors, and some distilled water (I'll come back to this). My first couple of attempts have needed some adjusting, but they're vape-able and I'm pleased. This set-up should last me for months. It cost me about $35.

Two things are bad with cartos - a burnt taste, and absolutely no response (no vape, stays cold, etc). I've already experienced both! I've heard of people pulling out the filer in a carto with a burnt taste, and "direct dripping" into it. I might try this. But otherwise, just throw it out.

Water is generally used to make VG-based liquid thinner, so it doesn't clog up your atomizer. If the liquid is PG-based, there is usually little or not water used. Adding too much water will wreck the liquid.

I've been using about 10% water in a 70% VG mix. I really like it. It's smoother, and I get TONS AND TONS of vapor.

BiffRocko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
I, being broke, decided to go the DIY route right out the gate.

I'm also going DIY out of the gate. I already have some VG and I've ordered a bunch of mixing supplies (bottles, beakers, pipettes, etc..), a gallon of PG, about 10 different flavorings, and 30ml of 48mg PG.

I'm going DIY for the cost factor and because it just seems like fun to experiment. I even wrote my own mixing calculator that takes into account how much PG/VG is desired in the final ratio when giving a recipe.

Your juice usage really sounds about normal.

I've also got a sample pack totaling 36ml of premixed on the way, plus about 10ml left of a premixed that I've been mixing with VG at a 2:1 ratio. Sounds like I should be covered if I screw up my first few batches of DIY.

I've been using about 10% water in a 70% VG mix. I really like it. It's smoother, and I get TONS AND TONS of vapor.

I'll try mixing a bit of water and see how I like it. I'm thinking of going a bit higher of the PG side (maybe 60/40/10) for my first batch because I like the bite/TH. I was mixing premixed with VG at a 1:1 and it was a bit too smooth for my taste. 2:1 seemed to be about right for my taste.

oettinger

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2010
Tampa, Fl.
I have been vaping for only a month, but have researched a lot, a bought a lot. I have not had a cartomizer atty go bad on me yet. Now that I have found 2 juices I really like I just keep each one in a cartomizer, and rotate them when they get to feeling low.(taste changes, but not burning.) and refill them. some people get MONTHS out there cartomizers this way. The only cartomizers I have that don't work well are ones that were prefilled with juice I didn't like. After washing them (many different ways) they just seem to not work good.

TLDR version: Get V4L cool carts blanks, put in your juice, and refill them as they get low. when they stop working or taste musty (old) just throw them away.

The Fool

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2010
St. Louis
Hi Bill, Welcome. I really underestimated how much juice I was going to use at first. The websites that tell you one cart is equal to .....number of hits or ......number of cigarettes are VERY misleading. It all depends on how you vape. Do yourself a favor and get back-ups of everything. We have grown accustomed to the convenience of being able to get cigarettes anywhere. When you have to think 4 days ahead, it takes more planning. Good Luck.

BiffRocko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
You can't recommend Vapure as in their juice or their hardware, or just that you haven't tried them yet? My wife has a Vapure and she loves it. I have a Green Smoke, which is very similar to the Vapure, but I've also ordered a Mega eGo for the extended battery life and the Mega carts. I haven't tried Vapure's juice, but I imagine in a pinch it would get me by.

I bought the bottle of JC that I'm vaping on now at The Black in OB. Where else do they have juice in SD?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread