some thoughts again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
The site was initially designed for e-commerce direct from Imeo. Then we changed it to add Tim's details, and once Iken starts up, hopefully Gadget will have time to change it to Ikens details.

But without Gadgets help, I can do nothing...

Plus the News Section is set for updating regularly, well thats ok, thats easy to do.

The forums work perfectly well as they are, I personally dont have a problem with them at all, and I dont feel they need Imeo constantly answering posts. But it would benefit from GG social evenings... all of which I did have planned, but as Imeo was ill, and then went off on holiday, these plans didnt come to fruition.

I started with the idea of an Ask Imeo night... where people would PM questions to me prior to the event, the questions then put into a format easy for Imeo to read through, sent to him prior to the event, so he had time to prepare responses in English, then on the night... invite everyone along to Chat, Imeo then gives the answers, and discussion can take place..

ECF & Vapers are full of Highly Knowledgeable people, so once a month, invite someone with a particular expertise along and repeat the performance..

That was the plan...

these are all good ideas cat,
I think if we could get the people to participate, it would be a very nice evening,
both fun and informative at the same time.

I think these ideas are worth pursuing.

KoS

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2009
VT, USA
But, just before making my last post, I had this strange and lonely feeling wash over me and I became painfully aware that ‘some’ of the foundation people were gone and it appeared they weren’t coming back in the way that they had originally. That is when I posted and in my haste, I failed to take the new people into consideration. I apologize for that.

We are not gone. Most just lurk. It was the same with the previous generation (wow that sounds weird). There is so much drama to read through that it gets old. Especially since it's 95% overblown bull$&!%. And when one piece of drama ends another will take it's place, guaranteed. Not just in this sub forum either.

Problem is that large masses of people forget that a forum is an open source of ideas and opinions so that we all might learn a lil something and grow as a whole.

I won't ever give a nickel worth of advice and shove it down your throat. Need a nickel and can use it? It's yours take it. Don't, well just leave it for the next cat and move on. People please stop taking things as a personal attack to your person (including this post ;) and in your life. You will be happier and a lot less stressed, guaranteed. Unless you are one of those people who get off on drama....You know who you are....:cool:

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
But, just before making my last post, I had this strange and lonely feeling wash over me and I became painfully aware that ‘some’ of the foundation people were gone and it appeared they weren’t coming back in the way that they had originally. That is when I posted and in my haste, I failed to take the new people into consideration. I apologize for that.

We are not gone. Most just lurk. It was the same with the previous generation (wow that sounds weird). There is so much drama to read through that it gets old. Especially since it's 95% overblown bull$&!%. And when one piece of drama ends another will take it's place, guaranteed. Not just in this sub forum either.

Problem is that large masses of people forget that a forum is an open source of ideas and opinions so that we all might learn a lil something and grow as a whole.

I won't ever give a nickel worth of advice and shove it down your throat. Need a nickel and can use it? It's yours take it. Don't, well just leave it for the next cat and move on. People please stop taking things as a personal attack to your person (including this post ;) and in your life. You will be happier and a lot less stressed, guaranteed. Unless you are one of those people who get off on drama....You know who you are....:cool:

what a wise old crustacean you are Kos,

I do sometimes take things far too personally,
I read something that is posted in innocence, and for good and simple reason,
and I read all sorts of silly things into it,

I guess we all take things to heart sometimes,
depends on our mood at the time of reading I guess,-----

take a leaf out of your book,
let it wash over you like the gentle waves of the ocean, huh ??

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
True... True

Cute bunnies especially should be careful. If they stress and start thumping they can break there own back (true fact). Let it be a lesson for us all.

hiya Kos, my friend.

I will try to be more careful,
no more stress for this lil bunny,
just fun and games ------

where ya bin ??
missed ya--
heard anything from Bug ??
I havent heard from her in a couple of months now,
still hopeful tho -----

Rainy

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2009
North Central Florida USA

Thanks for saying hi KoS, it's good to meet you. I remember seeing you a few times, the crab is beautiful. I guess I'm the next generation from you because I don't remember your posting like I do others.

Your words and advise makes a lot of sense to me and thanks for sharing it.

Well I guess it's good to know that everyone is at least lurking, then when I write I know it is being shared with everyone. he,he,he :) You could say hello a little more frequently than you are doing now, but one has to do what feels right to them. I understand that. Thanks again, Rainy :)

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
yes frankie, I send a second GG to her for free and I told her to keep the first one when she will receive it.

She has the tracking number already in her hands, so she is waiting now for the new GG. I send it after 2 days when the month passed that post office told me to wait.

I hope that soon she will be happy again:)

Judge Mental

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
FL
Just to be clear...

I was told a replacement device was sent last Friday (9/4). The tracking number provided is still showing, "There is no record of this item."

As I've said many times, IF the mysteriously 'lost' device that was supposedly shipped 8/2 should appear on my doorstep after I receive a replacement, it will be returned immediately. I have no intention of keeping anything other than what I'm rightfully entitled to.

No one would like to see this matter settled more than I. We'll see...

KoS

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2009
VT, USA
Hi Dikerry. Ya gotta stay happy. That's what the bunnies do best. BTW love the new avatar.

Haven't seen bug in a long time.

Hi Rainy. Well met. I have enjoyed your posts and I thing you bring heart and incite to these threads. It feels so weird talking about generations as it has only been about 8 mos or so and look how far we have come. It never ceases to amaze me what a community can do and what we can accomplish when we put our minds together.

Imeo, good form with the issues. It should never be in anyones mind that you are trying to screw them over. I have seen nothing but heart and sole put into your products and amazing quality. I know it is imposable to please everyone but I have yet to see you stop trying. Keep up the great work my friend.

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Hi Kos,

yes us original members have been around a long time, right from the start, before the birth of the first GG,
it seems like forever, but it is not a year yet,
and it is amazing how far we have all come in that time
as a community and as friends.

Kos, yes, I will stay happy,
I also love the new avatar,
the new me,
a new beginning,
a new direction.........

I have not heard from bug in a couple of months,
she went to stay with her sister for a while, she popped in once briefly,
and not heard anything since,
hope she is well.