Someone Called The Cops On Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasonM

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2008
Florida
California, where else?

I was sitting in a truckstop vaping after my meal and chatting with a few fellow truckers when this cop walked in and came straight at me. I knew what he was after before he got to me.

He informed me in his best official voice that someone called and reported that I was smoking in the building. I gave him my best innocent look (which I'm not very good at) and asked him if he saw or smelled any smoke. He admitted that he didn't but insisted that 'someone" had observed me smoking.

I held up my e-cig, took a nice drag on it, and blew out the vapor. I then asked him again if he saw or smelled any smoke. He was a bright boy because he caught on pretty quickly and asked me if that was "one of those new smokeless electric things".

I confirmed that it was indeed "one of those smokeless electric things" and unscrewed the atomizer from the battery to show him. He was all "well, ummm, ok, I guess that's alright then, I'm just doing my job" and walked off.

I was laughing my .... off and hoping that whatever idiot had made the call instead of approaching me was watching.

Well, ok, I have to admit that I am not a little fellow so I can understand why they might not have felt comfortable approaching me, but still... it was funny to me. The other drivers got a pretty good laugh out of it too.

MasonM

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2008
Florida
LOL, you got me to start these so I could have police visits? (I'm "Mike" on another forum.)

I'm curious, is the one you're smoking styled after an analog?
This is the reason I got stainless/black with blue LEDs. Blowing vapor out of a white cigarette shaped item seemed like poking the bear to me.
Well hey Mike, glad to see ya here!

Yeah I was using my NPRO which looks like an analog. Pretty much asking for trouble in a place like CA. LOL

Dr. Russell Fell

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2008
Florida
I confirmed that it was indeed "one of those smokeless electric things" and unscrewed the atomizer from the battery to show him. He was all "well, ummm, ok, I guess that's alright then, I'm just doing my job" and walked off.

you should've told him he should look into finding another job.

RORKA

Feb 13, 2009
NorCal
You know what pisses me off about this story (and its nothing you did) is that the guy who had the complaint couldn't just come up to you and ask you to stop smoking. He or she didn't even have the balls to come up to you and ask you if you wouldn't mind stopping. Ugh!!!!!

That would have required the complainer to have a pair...

Something sorely lacking in today's world. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread