Something not quite riht with my fruity mix

Status
Not open for further replies.

invididual

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2012
Lakeland, FL
I made a mix I call Waterberry Cherry Apple, on the inhale it has almost a bitter taste, but on the exhale its insanely good. how can i fix the inhale?

the mixture is 70PG/30VG @ 12mg
5% Watermelon
5% Strawberry
5% Cherry
5% Apple
2% Spearmint (my first attempt at fixing the inhale issue)
2% Sweetener

any help is appreciated

~Shado~

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2010
^-^-^5280^-^-^
Not knowing what brand of flavorings you used.....I would just venture to say possibly too much flavoring? ie...too high a percentage...looks like you are at a total of 24%?

This is what I do...it comes from the old 306 dipping days a few years ago...
I have 2 contact lens carry cases...great for quick mix sampling.
What I call cutter is just no nic base....ie...if I am making a 50/50 nic'd juice....I will have a 50/50 bottle of no nic pg/vg.

In 1st carry case ---
In 1 lens bowl....put 2 drops of mix and 2 drops of cutter - makes juice 50% weaker (for you...12% total flavor)
In other lens bowl...put 3 drops juice and 1 drop cutter - makes juice 25% weaker (for you...18% total flavor)

In 2nd carry case ---
In 1 lens bowl...put 2 drops juice and 1 drop cutter - makes juices 33% weaker.... (for you...16% total flavor)
In other lens bowl....you can decide how to adjust cutting...for more or less strength

Test taste from the most cut one first and move up to least cut and then you will have a better idea where to go.
Doing it this way...you are not having to try and make new percentage mixes in different bottles....just figuring how to correct only one bottle;)

Hope this helped a lil bit.....

Last edited:

invididual

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2012
Lakeland, FL
Watermelon (FlavourArt)
Strawberry (LorAnn)
Cherry (LorAnn)
Apple (LorAnn)
Spearmint Oil (LorAnn)
Sweetener (ECigExpress)

It might be too much, i could just make a bottle of unflavored and mix the 2 in even parts or even better probably 2:1 (flavored:unflavored)

i would likely do this with just a little bit of it, so i dont waste a lot, i made a 30ml bottle (and added spearmint thinking it would fix it) after i liked the 5ml sample

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
it changes things sometimes in certain mixes as a drop or 3 of lemon juice brings up some flavors

In my limited DIY experiences, true! LJ aids da 'pop' and ACV 'tames' da undesirable high ends.
thumbsup.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread