something weird with my atomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

bijo

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2010
New York, NY
This is so weird. I could swear actually I am 100% POSITIVE I saw the damn thing light up and glow! What happened was I cleaned my attys in polident and dried it overnight.. then I did some dry burning to see how fast it started to glow up.. and after a few pulses .. it really began to GLOW almost instantly after I pressed the button.
After priming and vaping suddenly I heard a POP fizzle ... then no more glow. Tried a different atomizer .. no glow .. all atomizers .. no glow.
Does the glow only appear immediately after cleaning an atty when there is no juice in it maybe?
If it works I don't care but the one thing I hate most is hardware failure. Anything but hardware failure please!

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
Can you guys check if yours glows? I'm starting to freak out it might have something to do with the batteries? Just press your ego or 510 or anything for like 10 seconds and tell me if you see it become yellow , or glowing bright?
Pretty please .. pretty pretty pretty please ?!?

To me that just doesn't seem like it would be good for the atty. Do other people do this? And why?
Maybe thats why my attys seem to last longer than other members.

bijo

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2010
New York, NY
To me that just doesn't seem like it would be good for the atty. Do other people do this? And why?
Maybe thats why my attys seem to last longer than other members.

Yeah, I think from now on I won't dry burn my attys. If I want to dry them I'll let them dry overnight and just blow out any excess liquids. I read a wet atty is a happy atty. :)

Bozzlite

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2010
Central Texas
Can you guys check if yours glows? I'm starting to freak out it might have something to do with the batteries? Just press your ego or 510 or anything for like 10 seconds and tell me if you see it become yellow , or glowing bright?
Pretty please .. pretty pretty pretty please ?!?

Sorry Bijo, I don't wanna risk burning up any attys. I'm not really sure they are supposed to glow unless they are completely dry. Not a good thing for them to be completely dry.

If yours are working just fine, don't even worry about it.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
If you can see a glow in a well lighted room they are getting way too hot. To see the glow, I have to walk over to a darker corner and cup my hand around the top of the atty to see a faint glow. In a dark room after letting your eyes adjust, you can see the glow better.

When I clean an atty, I just blow it out first and then run it threads down under a hot water faucet, let it fill up, remove it and let it drain. I do that for about a minute. Then I blow it out again to remove water from the wick and pulse the button repeatedly. If I see a glow at all, I extend my pulse time. I then add a couple of drops, insert a cart, and vape until it starts producing. The same atty has been going strong for months. I haven't had to break out any spares.

KDK

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2010
Fresno Ca. USA
I agree with DaveP - You are abusing your attys and should be more gentle with them! I don't do that to mine and they usually last about a month each, sometimes longer. Blow them out (daily), if that dosen't work, then hot water rinse and air dry. Prime well and try to vape it. If that doesn't work, then soak in 151 or other high proof alcohol and rinse, air dry, prime. If that doesn't work, it's time for a new atty. They are not that expensive, and your vaping satisfaction is important too!!

Broseybrose

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
I do a dry burn after cleaning to speed up the drying process. It will not glow as it "sizzles" the water off. Once it begins to dry it will glow (and get rather hot). If my attys are primed with juice I can get a great hit with no glowing. From what I have been reading the glow is a sign of a dry atty.

Absolutely, its an atty at its driest. Must be primed with juice afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread