Mallorca, Spain
  • Siren V2 24mm
  • 26g 316L
  • 3mm ID
  • 6-7 wraps
  • .55Ω
  • Rayon wick
  • +/- 23 watts
This is the first coil I've built at .55Ω. Previous builds were .75Ω and higher. She vapes great, but sounds like a Harley! Is this normal?
Magi,
A Harley at idle or at full throttle?
Is your coil spaced or contact?

Cheers
I

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
No? But awesome maybe? I wouldn't mind a vape that could deafen those around me the more I vaped it, but I'm going to go with "no" all my Sirens have been spectacularly silent. I'm going to agree on opening the airflow more, I've gotten the occasional "hiss" out of one of mine with the airflow really closed down, but as to wattage I will defer to Izan on that.

I have 0.666 build Clapton in one of my Sirens (it was supposed to be um, 0.9 only I unwrapped a leg) and I vape it at an all powerful 16.7 watts, so I'm just gonna go with.... experiment. The vape is perfectly great that way so other than checking all my legs were tight (and I use rayon) well, it's been totally quiet, honestly.

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
O rings tight? Anyone around you complaining?

The answer to those two questions might determine my answer but hey if you LOVE the vape, no need to be all experiment-y, at least not until your next rewick, at which point you might try some stuff I guess.

I had a tank that whistled and it wasn't great so I retired it after a while. I was way too new at the time to even consider many experiments honestly.

Anna

Reactions: Don29palms

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well I just field tested all mine. Regardless of build I run them wide open, so if you run them more closed off, if lower build, that may be your answer.

Because I also started closing down my airflows to check, and they all got less noisy although I don't consider them noisy exactly to begin with.

That's the best I can do but I did try it with all 4 and it was totally consistent. Kind of makes sense when/if considering the nature of airflow.

Try running it with the lowest hole for airflow and see if it gets quieter.

Anna

Reactions: Don29palms
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread