Status
Not open for further replies.

Repent

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
Central Oregon
Where can I source the blue foam used in mods? I read somewhere that aquarium filter foam is what the blue foam is. Is this true and is this material safe to heat up and possibly burn? What is that material made of?

As I remember the aquarium foam is made up of larger "cells" that constitute it's structure?

Also the pollyfill, isn't that just the same stuff used to stuff pillows (for example) that you can buy at Walmart?

jbmcdan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2011
TX
marineland type u bonded is what you want -- usually available at petsmart but you'll get a ton more than you need. Randall at mypvshop sells smaller pieces (like 3x5) which will make plenty of cart filler bits...just be sure you rinse it well and let it dry before you use it. and strictlyejuice sells pre-cut foam for cartridges...there are more vendors but those are the first 2 that pop into mind...

Last edited:

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
yes +1 on above poster...we'll try to get some ourself as we were doign before and drop a swatch in with the smartcart and lucid purchase, no promsies but we'll try...

Where can I source the blue foam used in mods? I read somewhere that aquarium filter foam is what the blue foam is. Is this true and is this material safe to heat up and possibly burn? What is that material made of?

As I remember the aquarium foam is made up of larger "cells" that constitute it's structure?

Also the pollyfill, isn't that just the same stuff used to stuff pillows (for example) that you can buy at Walmart?

Repent

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
Central Oregon
marineland type u bonded is what you want -- usually available at petsmart but you'll get a ton more than you need. Randall at mypvshop sells smaller pieces (like 3x5) which will make plenty of cart filler bits...just be sure you rinse it well and let it dry before you use it. and strictlyejuice sells pre-cut foam for cartridges...there are more vendors but those are the first 2 that pop into mind...

Got some thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread