Blue Foam Roll mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
hey mooler just curious about something. What was the reason you tried the blue foam in the mega cart? was it because you were not satisfied with the original poly fill? I have had these mega attys and carts now for 1 whole day. The problem I am running into is when I refill and the atty becomes wet, it doesn't vape near as good as when the poly is more just barely damp. Seems like I have to take 20 or more drags just to get the poly "less wet" so the atty will produce vapor. The last 20 drags (before it seems to dry or a flavor difference) is simply awesome. I just picked up some blue foam so I'll give it a whirl.

Too much wetness on the end of the filler will flood the atty. It takes a while to vape off the excess and get the saturation right. I touch the end of mine to a paper towel to soak up the "puddle" before putting it back in the atty.

Mooler

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Florida
Yes it was a real mess lol. Everything was screwed tight so I'll just have to remember to lay it against something cartridge up or just remove the cartridge when not using because even laying on it's side when completely full mine will leak out the holes in the atty. Other than that I really like the blue foam so far.

LOL yes I've never wasted so much juice!
It's best to only leave it on end for a few seconds or minutes :)

I had another spill-free day today.

Then I got home and tried an even narrower strip - and a little shorter - It flooded uncontrollably. So, back to wider strips for me.

I'm filling them with a syringe first, I have sharp points that go right through the Blue Foam. I keep a few bottles at work to drip-fill when needed. 3ml Capacity Syringe

rockyroad

Life is Good
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2010
Indiana
Too much wetness on the end of the filler will flood the atty. It takes a while to vape off the excess and get the saturation right. I touch the end of mine to a paper towel to soak up the "puddle" before putting it back in the atty.

Dave is right on with that!

LOL yes I've never wasted so much juice!
It's best to only leave it on end for a few seconds or minutes :)

I had another spill-free day today.

Then I got home and tried an even narrower strip - and a little shorter - It flooded uncontrollably. So, back to wider strips for me.

I'm filling them with a syringe first, I have sharp points that go right through the Blue Foam. I keep a few bottles at work to drip-fill when needed. 3ml Capacity Syringe

Good to hear about your night and guess what? same here lol. Not a drop to clean up all night. I took one ego with filled mega atty to work with me. Just a great night with it. No refills no extra anything.......maybe I won't get a juice feeder lol.........well.......who knows. I'm doing the preventive maintenance on both of them with the Iso alchohol tonight. I think I'll try to do it every three days and see how that works to keep em going strong. At about 13 bucks a piece is what stops me from dry burning them.

Mooler

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Florida
Dave is right on with that!

Good to hear about your night and guess what? same here lol. Not a drop to clean up all night. I took one ego with filled mega atty to work with me. Just a great night with it. No refills no extra anything.......maybe I won't get a juice feeder lol.........well.......who knows. I'm doing the preventive maintenance on both of them with the Iso alchohol tonight. I think I'll try to do it every three days and see how that works to keep em going strong. At about 13 bucks a piece is what stops me from dry burning them.

One of my atomizers burned out today, just stopped working. I had not cleaned it yet. I use the resurrection method, works great, but I've not done it yet with these atomizers.

Lucky I ordered a couple more on friday, should be here any day.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
I have been using this for a while now.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-tornado-ego-mega-cartridges.html#post1654295
Still using it with good results. I've got both the cylinder atomizer and some cartos. So far, the atty/carts are winning out in my personal popularity poll, mainly because it takes a minute or two to refill the cartos, they never have seemed quite up to original satisfaction after refilling, and the prefilled carto's lack of variety.

rockyroad

Life is Good
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2010
Indiana
I had one blow in under 2 weeks, of course Cignot had a new one shipped right away. Their warranty is 14 days.

Cool beans ...sounds like Cignot is a good company...I've heard good things about the customer service part which I believe is the key. I cleaned my megas and put em on the shelf for a bit. Been drippin on the ego with a reg and l.r. atty.......ahhhhhhh!! I totally underestimated 3.7 months ago...guess what?...I'm Back lol.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Have we got an optimal size and shape for the blue foam plug for the mega carts yet? I cut some too narrow and had leaking, so then I cut them too big and got poor air flow.
I'm not sure about optimal, but I cut mine 10mm x 45mm, and it's working well. I think next I'll try just a bit wider though ... say 13x45.
45mm seems to be working as a good length for me. Room for experimentation on the width though.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I had one blow in under 2 weeks, of course Cignot had a new one shipped right away. Their warranty is 14 days.

I can believe that. I got my Ego Mega Cone Atty yesterday and once I got that putrid pink primer juice blown out it worked great. About halfway through the first prefilled cart the taste got rank. I popped off the cart and did a short dry burn. The atty coil turned red. That's a sure sign of eminent atty burnout if you keep trying to get the cart to wet the bridge and can't. The coil should not glow if the wick it's wrapped around is wet, so stop at the first sign of bad taste and drop a couple of drops on the bridge.

I have tried removing the filler and replacing it with Walmart polyfill, full blue foam, and the blue foam dart. I had to cut and fold the foam to fill the cart. That worked great for a while and I would empty the cart in less than 30 minutes. Then I started getting either flooding or dry, feast or famine.

It's only been two days and I'm still experimenting. My blue foam dart is using a section of plastic soda straw instead of a stirrer since the cart is so wide. I think my straw is too long and the foam is getting pressed up against the straw by the atty bridge. The compression is probably squeezing the juice out of the center of the blue foam dart.

I like the concept of the mega cone atty, but at this point my 510 mega on the Ego is much more reliable and I can fill it and forget it. I'll post my results if I develop a winner in the filler department.

pomonabill221

Jan 19, 2011
Pomona, CA.

YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT about CigNot!!!!
They (Vicki) are GREAT! Their prices are VERY good! and Vicki is wonderful about responding to ANY question you might have. She is very knowledgeable about all her products!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread