Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooler

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Florida
This is my Blue Foam Roll mod.

2j1vkh2.jpg

The length is from the the filter to just past the the metal band.
I made this one a little wider than the width of the eGo.
This is thick enough to stay in place.

2uggh9v.jpg

Studio 35 Beauty.Compact Tweezers | Walgreens

You can push the foam down and pull it back up, it stays rolled.
Watch around the airways for gaps. It needs to be sealed all around.

Link for blue foam. Marineland Rite-Size U Bonded Foam Sleeve Aquarium Filter Sleeves

rockyroad

Life is Good
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2010
Indiana
This is my Blue Foam Roll mod.

2j1vkh2.jpg

The length is from the the filter to just past the the metal band.
I made this one a little wider than the width of the eGo.
This is thick enough to stay in place.

2uggh9v.jpg

Studio 35 Beauty.Compact Tweezers | Walgreens

You can push the foam down and pull it back up, it stays rolled.
Watch around the airways for gaps. It needs to be sealed all around.

Link for blue foam. Marineland Rite-Size U Bonded Foam Sleeve Aquarium Filter Sleeves
So is that a ego mega atomizer and mega cartridge? You just roll the blue foam long-ways. Just making sure before I hit the confirm order button at Good Prophets.

Mooler

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Florida
So is that a ego mega atomizer and mega cartridge? You just roll the blue foam long-ways. Just making sure before I hit the confirm order button at Good Prophets.

Good question. yes and no....
The naming is very confusing.

Cignot calls it the eGoMega Cylinder mega atomizer + cartridge
eGo cylinder mega atomizer
Cignot also has a cone version, which is why they call it a cylinder)

This is a Mega Tornado
TORNADO MEGA ATOMIZERS-ALLColors

This is a (titan) Mega (not this!)
MEGA 510 TITAN Electronic Cigarette Atomiser

On Janty it is called TAWA eGo XL ATOMIZER
Janty USA - TAWA eGo XL ATOMIZER (11.95 each)

Good Prophets names it eGo Atomizer for Joye eGo

Also JOYE eGo Mega Atomizer in 4 colors [JOYE eGo] - $11.00 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

IMO it should have been called the Jumbo or something.

The picture should show .. it .. the same size at the connection to the battery.

Last edited:

Mooler

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Florida

rockyroad

Life is Good
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2010
Indiana
hey mooler just curious about something. What was the reason you tried the blue foam in the mega cart? was it because you were not satisfied with the original poly fill? I have had these mega attys and carts now for 1 whole day. The problem I am running into is when I refill and the atty becomes wet, it doesn't vape near as good as when the poly is more just barely damp. Seems like I have to take 20 or more drags just to get the poly "less wet" so the atty will produce vapor. The last 20 drags (before it seems to dry or a flavor difference) is simply awesome. I just picked up some blue foam so I'll give it a whirl.

Mooler

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Florida
Blue foam is cheap and easy to work with. You can adjust the amount / width.

I'm experimenting with narrower strips right now. Earlier I posted that a wider blue foam prevented leaking, and this is probably true, but keeping the filter-end downward to prevent flooding, and filter up to wick maybe the best solution.

Thicker juice wont flood as much, but wont wick as easy either.

Also, putting 2.5ml in almost always floods. I've been using around 1.5.

rockyroad

Life is Good
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2010
Indiana
first I cut the length a bit longer than the cartridge. Then I cut the width about 3 times the size, appx. 2 and a fourth inches. Roll it up and put it in the cartridge. Find out where the height is and cut just a tad shorter. I filled up both egos for the day. They didn't take near as much juice as the poly fill (about a third less). My daughters birthday today and we are going go-karting. Let ya know when we get back. So far the attyts don't seem to be getting too wet.

rockyroad

Life is Good
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2010
Indiana
I just tried the blue plug with the mega cone cart. I cut it twice as wide as the cart and just long enough to be slightly shy of flush with the end of the cart when inserted. I rolled it up and put in 1.5 mL's of juice and it works GREAT.

Good to hear your having some success Shannon. For me the jury is still out! I made the mistake of not washing the blue foam and wow what it did to the flavor of my Banana Fosters. I'm soaking my attys tonight in Ever clear and start this again. I got a say it though...a good juice feeder sounds more like my solution.

ShannonS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2009
Las Colinas, TX
I was thinking about trying the Reo mod or a wetbox but I've already spent so much money this month on vaping I'm afraid to look at my account balance. What I don't know won't hurt me right? <grin>

This is the most hassle-free vaping I've found so far, but I would be thrilled to find effortless and idiot-proof :)

Mooler

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Florida
I was thinking about trying the Reo mod or a wetbox but I've already spent so much money this month on vaping I'm afraid to look at my account balance. What I don't know won't hurt me right? <grin>

This is the most hassle-free vaping I've found so far, but I would be thrilled to find effortless and idiot-proof :)

Where's them MIT vaperz when u need'm?

I just ordered Banana Fosters as well as "Monkey Juice Great Banana Blend" from IndyVaporShop a few days ago :)
Premium Custom Mix

I know what you mean about buying stuff, I have 5 brand new mega atomizers but now I have 2 mega atomizers and 2 more on the way... I'm gonna keep'm for now, but eventually I'll sell the mega's and just use the megas.

I've been vaping with an extra narrow Strip, it's just fine as long as you keep it upright most of the time. It's about 1.5x the width of the silver band between the battery and atomizer. I tapped it (gently) earlier to get it going, went from dry to thick vapes in ~8s.

Tapping works with 510s, megas, as well as megas. When it's dry, you can tap to get it down into the atomizer :)

@rockyroad Another reason for Blue Foam - it doesn't taste bad when dry.

rockyroad

Life is Good
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2010
Indiana
I think I may have the right width and length now(and washed). I filled em both up this morning and I am currently still vaping both of them(no re-fills yet today) and look, it's now tomorrow. I see what you mean by tapping them. I thought my silver one was dry earlier because of the dry almost a hint of burnt taste(but not quite). So I set it down on it's battery end and started using my black one. About an hour or so later I noticed a puddle of juice on the table surrounding the silver ego. Juice leaked out the atty. I noticed that I didn't have it screwed on the battery all the way(about 3 quarters of a turn).I'm not sure yet if that was the reason for it leaking or not. So I guess another test under way:facepalm:. I am back to using the silver one as I speak, so at least now I know if it starts tasting dry just point the tip to the sky - tap - and vape. The leakage does concern me so I will fill this up before I crash and make sure it's screwed tight then stand straight up. Could be a real mess in the morning:pop:

rockyroad

Life is Good
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2010
Indiana
Yes it was a real mess lol. Everything was screwed tight so I'll just have to remember to lay it against something cartridge up or just remove the cartridge when not using because even laying on it's side when completely full mine will leak out the holes in the atty. Other than that I really like the blue foam so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread